ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering 60mm help!

Hi all,

Im wondering if you could enlighten my problem, im thinking of lowering my car, id like to go 60mm on standard shocks, i can only afford the springs, but ive seen some people have done it on standard shocks, others have said not to, is the reason for this because its dangerous going 60mm on the standard shocks or just because the ride comfort is drastically changed?

Id love to drop 60mm on springs as long as im going to be safe doing so, if not i'll not lower than much.

So is there anyone who can guide me in the right direction regarding this and possibly helping me on which springs to get, would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Sean

172 Cup
60mm drop on standard shocks will quickly destroy them, ride comfort would be the least of your worries!

Edit: Apex 40mm or something of the sort would be ok, I'd personally save for some cheapy coilies though!

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
60mm will be ok on standard shocks depending on what brand.

the reason not to use standard shocks is because some 60mm springs are to short and when at full suspension travel can fall out.

Clio 182
I had a 60mm drop on standard dampers on my 1.2
I had no problems and it looked good but I wouldn't advise it at all the ride is just awful!!

I'd stick to 40mm