ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Smiths MK2 Clio

Bought this car about 2 months ago for 2495 with 44000 miles on the clock with only 1 previous owner, body work was in really good condition till a car recently made me swerve and i scrapped my car across a wall :/ could see the damage on some of the photos but anyway, here are the things i have done so far, i have only recently turned 18 so it could be slow progress on what goes on with insurance being the problem

But i hope you like it, if not, each to there own, so here goes!

Here she was after i recently bought her, had to get a smaller aerial haha

P1010332.gif

P1010333.gif

P1010322.gif

P1010323.gif

then the next thing on the list was some carbon wrapped dash trims (i know have the gear insert wrapped but no picture)

P1010328.gif

P1010327.gif

i then ordered some new number plates and they arrived on friday so i put them on saturday

before:
P1010335.gif

after:
P1010337.gif

before:
P1010334.gif

after:
P1010336.gif

im thinking of making it into a replica of either the 172 or 182? what do you guys think?

well, thats it for now, might not be the most amazing thread going but i just wanted to get involved on here.

any ideas you may have im open to, hope you like so far.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I went down that route, spent way too much money looking back. But I loved that car.. If you can afford it, do it! Looks great fella

Rb 182
Where are the plates from?

Looks a good start. If it was me i'd get it lowered and enjoy it till you can afford a 7/82.

here are some future plans im thinking of doing:

silver visions
colour code it all but keep the bullets black, gloss black?
RS grille
skoda splitter
sport interior
get the alloys refurbed, then spray them and the badges black?
lower it of course ;)
then get a 182 rear bumper with a 182 custom exhaust?

tell me what you think of these ideas and if you have any extra ideas, im open to suggestions

im not bumping this thread im just trying to keep it alive as i dont want to let it slide away, anyway, as of today im going to be saving up for a whole new setup on audio, im saving up for a new head unit, new speakers front and back and an amp adding up to nearly a grand.

headunit
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avh-5200bt_p-26421.htm

speakers
http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/car/liteair-speakers/

amp
http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/store/Amplifiers/Space-Amplifiers/Space-Stereo-2/prod_71.html

i hope you stick with this till the end as id like to know your thoughts, if i have spare money to do some small mods on the outside i will :) and any ideas on small and cheap mods to do is great, thanks

ohh okay :) shall have to have a look :) and thank you :) gonna be slow progress thats the only problem, especially now with saving up for all this haha, should be worth it though :) i'll try to do little and cheap mods in between to keep the thread alive :) got any ideas on some cheap mods?:)

just an update ive bought new headlights, not xenons though, just the reflector headlamps but with a black surround instead of grey and i have also just ordered an RS grille, shall let you all know when they have arrived and will post pictured when its all fitted :)!

Had a wing mirror cap that needed spraying so i thought id have a go at it myself, never done it before though so haha

All sanded down and ready for primer:)
IMG_0254.gif

Primer all done:)
IMG_0260.gif

Waiting for my colour and lacquer to come through the post so i can carry on with the job:) let me know what you think, constructive criticism is welcomed :p

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
im not bumping this thread im just trying to keep it alive as i dont want to let it slide away, anyway, as of today im going to be saving up for a whole new setup on audio, im saving up for a new head unit, new speakers front and back and an amp adding up to nearly a grand.

headunit
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avh-5200bt_p-26421.htm

speakers
http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/car/liteair-speakers/

amp
http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/store/Amplifiers/Space-Amplifiers/Space-Stereo-2/prod_71.html

i hope you stick with this till the end as id like to know your thoughts, if i have spare money to do some small mods on the outside i will :) and any ideas on small and cheap mods to do is great, thanks

That is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on ICE, surely you could put all that money towards improving the appearance of your car instead? Or opt for some second hand stuff

That is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on ICE, surely you could put all that money towards improving the appearance of your car instead? Or opt for some second hand stuff

yeahh i know, i havent even got round to doing it after second thoughts thinking, wow that is alot, so i havent bothered dont worry :) im concentrating on my appearance like you have said :) getting that wing mirror finished up this week, my 182 bumper has arrived, some deep scratches so they need to come out, get it sprayed then i'll be getting the ktec exhaust, the 182 style one :) not to everyones taste but i like it :)

got some bosch aero wipers fitted today :) looks far better than the standard and work nicely too :) will upload pictures tomorrow if its wanted :) also im sorry about not much going on here :/ i am trying my hardest just with insurance being so expensive and having car problems cropping up atm im not finding myself having much spare money for the car, but renewal for my insurance is next month meaning more money :D so future plans are:

silver visions
lowering springs (thinking 50mm)
182 rear (bumper and exhaust)
nice set of wheels
colour code bump strips
possibly wheel spacers
xenons maybe

also, taking part in a sprint series, round 1 end of next month so will upload updates and photos during this :)! please keep checking as things will slowly start picking up i promise

Keep it up looking much better than standard, your doing alot more than i did to my 1.2.
One thing i will say is dont get massive wheels, i see to many 1.2s with 18" rimsand they look awful IMO. A sprint series could be good fun :)

thank you :) just making it a tidy first car tbh and making it handle well for the series :) and ohh nooo dont worry, i was thinking about either 172 or 182 tbh so no bigger than 16's :) i dont like big wheels either, looks stupid in my opinion :) thank you for your comment :)

yeahh there is a looot of body roll haha and its horrible, i think the next things i do will be some 172 wheel and lowering springs :) 45mm :) and thank you nathan :) its slow progress but will get there soon :) you got a project of your own i can take a look at?:)

yeahh there is a looot of body roll haha and its horrible, i think the next things i do will be some 172 wheel and lowering springs :) 45mm :) and thank you nathan :) its slow progress but will get there soon :) you got a project of your own i can take a look at?:)

yeah it is :), well i did last year but i didn't really go anywhere but i am going to start a new one now I have done a few bits to it, might take some snaps on sunday when my roof is getting sorted! the curse of the leaky sunroof lol

yeah it is :), well i did last year but i didn't really go anywhere but i am going to start a new one now I have done a few bits to it, might take some snaps on sunday when my roof is getting sorted! the curse of the leaky sunroof lol

Never experianced the Leaky sunroof, but every1 i know with a clio has the problem lol mine just creeked a bit haha but Renaults in general seem to creek, click, knock and generally sound like their falling apart at all times :D

Never experianced the Leaky sunroof, but every1 i know with a clio has the problem lol mine just creeked a bit haha but Renaults in general seem to creek, click, knock and generally sound like their falling apart at all times :D

you are a very lucky man then! everyone i know has had one ;). haha i know what you mean, mines bearing up atm, all new 172 interior so need it done asap! passed MOT last week with only a couple of minor bits and having it serviced next month so a good bit of clean health! also got it in for the bonnet catch to be looked at, think it needs replacing tbh

okay :) let me know when you have one up and ill take a look :)! and awhh haha i had the problem with the leaky sunroof :p right pain haha got it all sorted now though thank god, having puddles like an inch deep was not good haha need to strip the interior i think though as there is still water it the carpets, im hoping that it should just dry out in time

some good and bad news :(

bad news: round 1 for my sprint series has been postponed due to lack of numbers :(

good news: I'm sourcing some 172 wheels:)! found someone who's willing to sell them:) when I have the rest of the money I'm going to pick them up:) will keep you updated :)!