ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at a Clio 200 Cup today

Civic Type R
Morning Guys,

I test drove a Clio 200 with the Cup pack yesterday and before going any further I wanted to get some questions answered please :)

1. I felt a slight pull to the left which could have been the camber of the road or tracking. I have read that people have to have the tracking regularly done..is it really that bad?

2. Is there anything I should visually be checking on the car other than the obvious bits? I read that the seat bolsters wear but is there anything else in the cabin or outside to check?

3. A minor thing but did bluetooth only come with cars fitted with a sat nav? I could only see the 3.5mm audio jacks for music.

Many Thanks

Hi mate

1- it could be the camber of the road , but I'd be checking for crash damage if its noticeable , check wings , look at the suspension see it anything looks really new, if the bolts have spanner or socket marks on etc , it could be the road or require tracking , but you will kick your self of you notice this after

2- I believe the gearboxes are prone to failing as well give it a damn good work out to check it , the seat failures from what I can gather only apply to the Recaros , not sure if the cup had them ? But other than that general wear and tear mate ! Tyres brakes etc can be expensive , and if its higher mileage check the obvious cam belt as the aren't cheap to replace !

3- if you can't see a Bluetooth option the chances are it doesn't have one ! Not up to date on this , but ask them of it does! If not parrot kits can always be fitted !

Hope this helps and sure people can add on / correct me !

RB 182
Thought Bluetooth was standard - my CUP had it back in 2010

Not sure what you were looking for visually, as Bluetooth is all integrated into the hifi, it works via the central screen - it Bluetooth streamed music from my phone, and the aux port was obv for iPods etc

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Bluetooth doesn't need Sat Nav.

I think though (could be wrong) it needed the USB Stereo upgrade. As I say though - could be well wrong.

Civic Type R
I have now had a further test drive and I thought I could feel a little pull but it didn’t seem as bad this time round. I'm a little bit paranoid after having another garage not do my tracking correctly first time I think.

I went through all of the gears and it seemed to pull well in each. I also shifted down a few times and couldn’t detect anything, each gear engaged.

I'm no expert on cars but I couldn’t see any difference in the paint across the panels. Tyres seemed to have tread and looking into the wheel arches the suspension looked as I would suspect. lol

I cannot remember how the stereo looked but reckon I will just have to settle for the aux ports.

I will probably put a deposit down today and then have the tracking done once I can test it properly on a flat road etc. It's HPI clear for what that’s worth and had a relatively recent service/MOT.

One thing which is probably nothing, but when the light comes on, how many litres are left in the tank? Both times I drove it the light was on and hadn’t moved even with a fiver of petrol (I realise at today’s prices this isn’t much lol)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
non Bluetooth stereo has a 4 way circle button in the middle
2009-Renault-Clio-RS-200-Dashboard.jpg

Bluetooth has a knob in the middle
car_photo_490252_25.jpg

S2H

RS Clio 200
Bluetooth is not standard.

You get 25miles when the light comes on.

I wouldn't go for the cup, i'd save a little bit extra and get the Full Fat with the cup suspension, recaros etc. Resale is better as it's more desirable. And you get some more gadgets like keyless go etc and don't get basic plastic interior, horrible handles and wing mirrors and no air con.

The most of the gearboxes have been changed under warranty and shouldn't have any problems.

Brakes need a clean once a year by taking the pads etc out cleaning and putting back together just to stop them from seizing.

Tyres are about 90 per corner. Get the Conti's off it as soon as they are dead, they are rubbish. Eagle F1 from camskill £90 are so much better.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
your not going to get a set number of miles from the fuel light it depends how you drive it, in a 172 for example ive done 40 miles on the light and also ran out of fuel after 12 miles before!

S2H

RS Clio 200
Nope it comes on at 25miles to go without fail however much fuel you've actually got in the tank, it will NOT come on until it THINKS there is 25miles left.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
right so if im doing 10mpg on track, my fuel lights going to come on when ive got 25 miles left, yet ive actually got 100 miles left in the tank for my drive home at 40mpg?

S2H

RS Clio 200
haha you're logic is flawed.

By your logic my light would come on at different amounts of miles to go depending on how i'd been driving. YES, the actually amount of fuel left in the tank might be different each time but I CAN TELL YOU NOW FROM MY OWN CAR THE F**KING LIGHT COMES ON WHEN THE COMPUTER THINKS FROM ITS CALCULATIONS THAT THERE IS 25 MILES LEFT IN THE TANK. END OF.

Oops CAPS.

Civic Type R
Thanks for the pictures! That confirms that mine doesn't have Bluetooth. Oh well.

I have an Android phone so if I want to play music I assume I just need to pick up the below from Halfords?
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_374967_langId_-1_categoryId_265890

Oh and mine is the FF version. Its got aircon etc. but has the cup pack with the chassis, red brakes and black alloys.

Thanks for the heads up on the tyres! The fuel thing was just worrying me a little as even with £5 I would have expected the needle to move a little but it didnt.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
haha you're logic is flawed.

By your logic my light would come on at different amounts of miles to go depending on how i'd been driving. YES, the actually amount of fuel left in the tank might be different each time but I CAN TELL YOU NOW FROM MY OWN CAR THE F**KING LIGHT COMES ON WHEN THE COMPUTER THINKS FROM ITS CALCULATIONS THAT THERE IS 25 MILES LEFT IN THE TANK. END OF.

Oops CAPS.

And what mpg do you get? ;)

S2H

RS Clio 200
Oh right thats cool you can't go wrong with the FF model!

It costs £70 to fill up (VPOWER @ 1.43.9), I would recommend running it on VPower you get yuor money back in extra miles and it runs better from cold (no kangarooing) especially recommend it in the winter!

To get it above 30mpg you literally have to drive around in 6th at 40-50mph. Normal short journeys are 24-25mpg and motorway at around 28mpg (that's fairly spirited driving)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Bingo, fuel light comes on with a gallon left in the tank, you average 25mpg or there abouts, which means it comes on when your car recons theres 25 miles left, going by the ammount in thr tank. Same way my 200 light came on at 21 miles ;)

S2H

RS Clio 200
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My last tank I averaged 22mpg the light came on yesterday at 25miles to go.
The tank before that I averaged 28.5mpg the light still came on at 25miles to go.
Every single tank i've ever put in the car the light has come on at 25miles to go.

I can't say the same thing anymore i'm going to explode lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
your logic is flawed, the fuel light is telling you that you need more fuel yet there could be 100 miles worth in it during mpg changes. So if you reset ur trip accelerate hard so you get 5mpg, your computer says 25 miles of range left and pops the fuel light on, does it go back off when you suddenly climb to 40mpg and it realises there is quarter of a tank left??!

Its not my opinion, its fact, the fuel light comes on when a gallon is left, its consistent it cant suddenly jump up, when there is a gallon left it can only go down.

Hency why my 200s fuel light came on at different miles left depending on my mpg and my gt dci one came on with over 80 miles left!