ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight 182 track/road car (Page 6+)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would think Fred will suggest Paul at RS Tuning.

Although mechrepairs are very good and are nearer to you.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Will see what he suggests when it come to the time and also keep in mind who you said cheers chip.

Carbonraider
How have you got on with the rear diffuser now was also thinking of making my own or buying a mk2 focus RS one and fitting that but to be honest the 197 looks in portion with the clio imo, but i'm still toying with the idea as i'm not sure if it would be any better for aerodynamics or it's just a case of adding weight for looks?.
I might need some measurements from you if possible? to see if it would work or worth the hassle.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Another pic of the dash but drivers side with the mock up 4x lights/switch/circuit breaker panels fitted, the dash and console will be flocked and panels will be carbon fibre sheets, vinyl written with a coat of laquer over the top.
5E7794E9-1537-4E14-B6B0-896EFEAECB29-4618-00000A2FE291F10F.jpg

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Wow June 2013 was the last post well this is definitely overdue a update.
Sadly the car has been on the back burner for quite awhile due to unforeseen problems like losing my job and other things taking more of a priority, however i have been able to do bits and pieces here and there when funds allowed and i'm now glad that i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I do still have quite a few jobs to get it finished but i have messed about upgrading a few things i wasn't happy with since the last update.
1st off engine had to come back out yet again for me to fit Cams and billet lightweight flywheel, while the engine and box was out i purchased a reconditioned speedo drive gearbox as it would be easier to get accurate speed readings for the clocks.
I later removed all copper brake lines and fitted -3 braided hoses throughout and also fitted a 197 rear diffuser into the bumper more for looks than any aerodynamic effect.

A few other things i managed to get fitted was a heated windscreen and the polycarb windows inc rear boot and more importantly jenvey throttle bodies with the omex 600 ecu and relevant cables:smile:.

Here's a few pics of how the car now looks.
4A26A466-DE2E-4852-A3B9-DDA0AB828FB2.jpg

DD4A1B28-89C7-4378-A255-6F49DDD374AA.jpg

This pic i've altered the brightness and contrast to show what the diffuser and the bumper vents on the side looks like.
33643650-0C06-4A8B-A63A-E561AEBB13D4.jpg

Here's the interior with the dash flocked and switch/circuit breaker panels done.
81F614C7-D924-4743-ADB0-DA08D3881712.jpg

It's still a on going build but as said before it's getting near the end and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, however due to a lower income job i don't have so much money to play with so progress at times will be slow.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Cheers guys,
Ok so after seeing a local alloy fabricator early December to do my fuel tank I was hoping that I'd update this sooner but only had the tank 2weeks ago, due to the lenght of time waiting and getting excited I went straight to the garage to place it in the box area.
It didn't fit and turned out the measurements I gave him he done it to long and didn't account for the creased edges so in the end rather than waiting months again I cut it myself and gave him the tank back to weld another end on.
This is how it looks at the moment.
579C6D8C-513F-4172-9BE2-A90D67218C6C.jpg

2C3AB78D-4AF6-4A17-95E9-CF4C6D2F728B.jpg

Earlier on i visited a local fuel company (torques on eBay) who I've spent a small fortune with lucky enough he does me a good deal on things, so came back with a load of goodies ready to fit on the weekend.
A489B078-FD3F-460A-B8F4-4E6F97C3B2F6.jpg

Things are getting there now have got a whiteboard and slowly but surely the list is getting smaller.
9A0F178B-790D-448B-A564-3939343D24FE_1.jpg