ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leeRS Clio Sport 172 ph2

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Stealth.
WP_20150718_17_54_09_Pro.jpg

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Still clunking. Getting it back on the ramp wednesday. Have had the dog one on and off. Can anything to do with the brakes cause a clunking sound? Is the only thing I havnt thought about but then it makes sense it does it when I'm coming to a stop, or slowing down and turning.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
For some reason i thought you had checked the brakes. That would be my next port of call 100%

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
pads not sitting properly for a start mate. Check nothing is moving about on its own.

I had the rear pads on mine practically fall out after a trackday a while ago, made a hell of a noise

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Update:
So, has been a while since I've changed anything but this month I have finally got round to changing the exhaust.
@imprezaworks kindly donated me his old cat back system that he had on his track Monaco (thankyou kindly) although we did have a few issues getting it to me.
Turns out , if UPS balls up a shipment, it gets sent to lost and found..... IN GERMANY. We thought we were never going to see it again, but miraculously it turned up 2 weeks later out of the blue.
Anyway, got the exhaust all fitted up now with some nice new sleeving to the cat and backbox. I kept my cat as it was I good nick and is a longlife sports cat so didn't really want to change it anyway. So yeah, that's all nice and tucked under the rear bumper now, instead of that god awful oval abyss. Sounds nice too.
Then, today was MOT time. I was a bit worried as I have got a knocking noise as described in earlier posts and didn't know if it was going to be something major. Turns out it passed.. With no advisories. HAPPY DAYS.
Oh, ive also put 4x nankang ns2's on.
There isn't really any reviews on here about them, just speculation.
Before these, I have had T1Rs and Ecstas - which are more expensive but rated the same wet and dry as the nankangs.
All I can say is I'm more confident round twisties with these on, than I have been before with the two other brands.
For £37 a tyre, I must admit I was a bit wary but they are great.
Don't get me wrong, they are no PS3 but for the money I don't think you can get anything near them.
Obviously, the life span of them is to be determined as I've only just got them, but I do around 6k a year so if they last that long, then that will do me.
So yeah, happy motoring at the moment.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Was advised the knocking was a top mount aswell.. They are ktec solid mounts, were on when I purchased the car. Worth a shot at changing them?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great lee and happy days with regards the mot but tbh I expected nothing less, the car is minty mint.

Let's not talk about the exhaust scenario, the amount of stupidity was behind stupidity. Atleast it came in a nicer box lol.

Those tyres are on the list for the cup, current ones can be comical at times.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads.

@ADS1982 I havnt noticed a difference to be honest. I had to have it sleeved as I had to cut the mid section off to fit the new one as it was all 1 straighthrough system before.
I would of rather it bolted on so I can swap and change a decat but I had to make the best of what I had.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's how they are sat on the mount afaik. I've never had an issue with one, only what I've read really.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hey top work there Lee what wax did you use.Ca r justs needs a fake jms rs2 inlet that produces -5 bhp :smile:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
just seen the video shocking overtaking that old lady on her scooter,lee you only just managed to pass her :smile:

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Talking about lady's on scooters, I just seen that vid of you beeping your horn at that cyclists ass as you were passing, only to find out it was a bloke in Lycra. Epic mate.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ssshhhhh that was a private video mate,funny enough had the same build as you and it was a bike like your avatar