ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leak on the left headliner????

Clio 1.2 16v
Right need some help!

Noticed the other day during a rain storm that the headliner above the passenger side just in front of the visor was damp and leaking. Little investigation only points to the sunroof, no idea how to sort it?? Can i throw it open to the masses to help?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
This is happening in my wifes car I have just noticed today. Has anyone any ideas?

CB600FS
Sunroof drain tubes either come off the actual sunroof, or the pipes blocked and it leaks where the tube joins the sunroof.

Remove the trims and have a look around the headlining.

RB 182
Sunroof drain tubes either come off the actual sunroof, or the pipes blocked and it leaks where the tube joins the sunroof.

Are the drain tubes only at the front of the sunroof or the back as well? I've clean mine out and poored water down them no problems and it seemed to work for a few weeks but I've got it leaking again to the right of the drivers sun visor.

Appreciate help with this as it's doing my nut in down because I've done a few things and just can't locate where is letting the water in.

Monaco 172
this happened me. got into the car after work and got soaked. anyway it was the seals had gone so bought new inner and outer one and when fitting the inner ran black silicone round it to doubley try and stop it. immediately stopped the problem, nothing to do withthe drainage pipes though not saying thats not whats wrong with yours.

pete

i found a gap through the sun roof tray bit where it was dripping down somehow...i siliconed up the gap and now mines all good :)

CB600FS

Are the drain tubes only at the front of the sunroof or the back as well? I've clean mine out and poored water down them no problems and it seemed to work for a few weeks but I've got it leaking again to the right of the drivers sun visor.

Appreciate help with this as it's doing my nut in down because I've done a few things and just can't locate where is letting the water in.

Right theres 2 drains from the sunroof, both at the front, one on each side, did you push the pipes back on all the way properly, and made sure they won't slip off, maybe a small cable tie around them both. Where they disconnected or blocked when you first had a look at them? Do you park under a dirty tree, or clog your drains with wax or polish, just ideas.

To the right of the drivers sunvisor, whats your actual door seal like aswell, I'd check your drains again, and clean them again first, could even be a leaky sunroof, bad old or perished seals perhaps.

RB 182
I'll give it a another look in the next few days...it's only recently done it and I've had the car for a few years now and it's only a few drips that actually drop from the inside but it's still more than I want obviously.

Some times it can rain like mad and not a drop but other times it's quite bad. I don't park near trees and when my car is at an angle (one wheel on the kurb or on my slopping drive) it doesn't appear to have a noticable difference.