ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This belongs to a bloke I used to know.. he spent his house deposit buying it, and hasn't appeared to of ever sold it! Lovely car, a bit too scene for me though!

Is it an 8?

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

Evo 5 RS
Be interesting to see what happens to ours in terms of value over the next year or so...
They won't crash just yet, keep in mind you could get a XI FQ360 not too long ago for about 11k lol. Now they're worth twice that. They'll never be as collectable as the T Maks, but then that whole saga has put me off those cars. Besides the heritage, there's nothing that great about them over other models.

Countryman JCW
They won't crash just yet, keep in mind you could get a XI FQ360 not too long ago for about 11k lol. Now they're worth twice that. They'll never be as collectable as the T Maks, but then that whole saga has put me off those cars. Besides the heritage, there's nothing that great about them over other models.
I nearly bought a really tidy red TME when i got my 5, it would be worth 40k now if id bought and kept it

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Haha John after us cleaning it I really want one again! Must stop looking

Evo 5 RS
I'm surprised that turbo will make 400hp mate.
Think even the ones on stock cores can make about 430 ish. Don't forget it's only an Evo 9 turbo at heart mate. Not looking for big numbers, just clean bill of health with a new strong turbo. That said you're right to a degree it wouldn't be much good beyond 400 but then you're looking at strengthening the bottom end. I think there's a couple running them forged at 2.5 bar

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Think even the ones on stock cores can make about 430 ish. Don't forget it's only an Evo 9 turbo at heart mate. Not looking for big numbers, just clean bill of health with a new strong turbo. That said you're right to a degree it wouldn't be much good beyond 400 but then you're looking at strengthening the bottom end. I think there's a couple running them forged at 2.5 bar
2.5 bar is for hero's mate. [emoji106] my standard VF34 on it's 46mm compressor wheel was only any good for around 330/340hp at 1.5bar and the turbo looks the same as what you've just bought.

That's why I was a little shocked that it could make 400hp on an evo mate.

Evo 5 RS
2.5 bar is for hero's mate. [emoji106] my standard VF34 on it's 46mm compressor wheel was only any good for around 330/340hp at 1.5bar and the turbo looks the same as what you've just bought.

That's why I was a little shocked that it could make 400hp on an evo mate.
Yeah that's on a worked over engine, I'm not looking at going anywhere near that much pressure :smiley: lol. Around 1.6 to 1.7 I'd imagine. Honestly, it was more because the one on the car was seemingly a little tired and not to mention Evo 6 GSR, so it's just getting to a point where nothing is holding the car back. In actual fact this turbo is more than I really need, it'll be mapped a little conservative. I'll speak with Dynotech at the end of the month when the car goes in. Truth be told I've not a scooby how the drivability will change, but these are known to give good torque lower down.

EDIT: This is one is a 68mm compressor wheel FYI