ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Countryman JCW
Depends who maps it and the spec of the car, Ant might be able to give you a better answer as he's had multiple Evos. Mine feels a lot sharper, but with current turbo it seems to want to run out of puff after 6,5 grand. Still goes like utter stink, though. Real definitive answer will be how it compares with the exhaust and 80 series on for me.
Awesome, id be interested to see what mine would do with just a map.

Got through my first tank and managed 280 miles with the fuel just coming on. Filled to the brim and managed to get 49 litres into it, so the economy on it is pretty much identical, if not slightly better than the Golf was. Admittedly i drive this with mechanical sympathy, whereas the golf being a lease got its head kicked in frequently. Happy with that though :up:

Evo 5 RS
Mine's been a lot better on that front since having it mapped. Besides Thursday, as my colleague was interested in seeing how it compared to his 130i, so went through a fair bit lol.

No point tweaking with just a map, least not without 3port and fuelpump at the very least

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, id be interested to see what mine would do with just a map.

Got through my first tank and managed 280 miles with the fuel just coming on. Filled to the brim and managed to get 49 litres into it, so the economy on it is pretty much identical, if not slightly better than the Golf was. Admittedly i drive this with mechanical sympathy, whereas the golf being a lease got its head kicked in frequently. Happy with that though :up:

280 miles!!!

I just got 206 to 46 litres today, and thought I was doing alright. 😂 That was a mostly 80/90 motorway tank.

Evo 5 RS
I've done a fair few miles these last two weeks. Found some great roads in Kent that I never realised existed. I think once the 80 series is on with the exhaust, that'll be it for power. It's plenty quick enough. Actually, it feels too quick.

Honestly don't see the point in going any further than 400/400 in that car for a road car. It's pure mentalism. There's plenty things quicker on the road, don't get me wrong - but the way it delivers the power, how quickly it gets there you just find yourself having to brake, a lot lol. The stop tech pads are a lot better than the EBC blue ones I had on the car when I bought it. Good bite, plenty good enough for my needs.

Countryman JCW
I've done a fair few miles these last two weeks. Found some great roads in Kent that I never realised existed. I think once the 80 series is on with the exhaust, that'll be it for power. It's plenty quick enough. Actually, it feels too quick.

Honestly don't see the point in going any further than 400/400 in that car for a road car. It's pure mentalism. There's plenty things quicker on the road, don't get me wrong - but the way it delivers the power, how quickly it gets there you just find yourself having to brake, a lot lol. The stop tech pads are a lot better than the EBC blue ones I had on the car when I bought it. Good bite, plenty good enough for my needs.
Yeah agree with that.. when pushing on in mine at standard power, for a road car i would be happy enough, but then the idiot in me takes over and says go on, its only a grand or so just do it ! Got my quote through from Auto Torque, so now just organising a date to drop it off. Looking like end of the month, and i think i'll be going to Russ Fellows for a new 3" cat back. I spoke to Auto Torque regarding the M2 downpipe you sent, and they said they dont use them due to the fitment on them being poor, so instead they use a Miltek one as they have no problems with it and the quality is good. Its an extra £100, but i think i'll take their word for it and go with that. You still going for the M2? be interested to see whether the fitment is alright.

Evo 5 RS
No complaints on the forum about them. Weirdly enough that's why I stayed away from the Miltek turbo back system in the first place lol

Evo 5 RS
I've been speaking to Ross frequently about the status of my turbo order, but I ordered the downpipe last week and I had to press him on that for someone else there to ship it. Hopefully should get it tomorrow (coincidently with getting the exhaust). No idea how they operate, their site doesn't show what's in stock, either (at least I highly doubt it's real time)

Evo 5 RS
IMG_5980.JPG
IMG_5983.JPG
So the exhaust arrived, it looks great. Apart from the fact the slashed tip is dented. In transit most likely 😧
Russ Fellows is being reallly understanding but I'd rather not have to
to send it back. Not sure if there's a way of doing it.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah. May take it to mates bodyshop see if he can do something with it tomorrow. Failing that Ross said he'll take it back no problem. Looks ace besides that, though!

Evo 5 RS
I imagine that would need a hydraulic press or something?

I need talking out of these for mine:
rays-te37-volk-for-sale-uk-europe-dc5-white-2.jpg

Do it. They look great on the 6.

Yeah probably would need a press. Scott??? :D LOL
It's fine, just boxed it back up. I said I'd pay postage both ways, but Russell is being really good about this, would definitely recommend for customer service! All that remains to be seen, or heard, is how it sounds ;)

Countryman JCW
Oooooh! That looks nice!!! Got any more pics of it, few more not so zoomed in? really interested to see how fitment is as it will save me £100 by using one of them instead of a miltek one when it comes to changing mine. Also interested to hear how your exhaust sounds, great that they are being so accommodating though!

Evo 5 RS
IMG_5986.JPG

Only this one at the minute mate.
I'll let you know what fitment is like, although not 100% on when it will go on. Turbo should be arriving Monday/Tuesday then I need to book invite at Dynotech once the turbo fittings are here.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
In other news, this just popped up on the MLR.. a 2007 IX RS with 567 miles... !!!

http://lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=538202

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

The front number plate plinth has never been fitted
IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

I removed the exhaust rear section to get above it cleaned properly.

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

I used various soft brushes and soap to scrub the underfloor, the factory underseal was dirty/dusty but after a few hours it came up nicely

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

Staggering, and IMO an astonishing waste of a car.

Countryman JCW
Yeah me too!

Went out in it last night and had a real good drive. The power has gone from me thinking each time i put my foot down, oooh this is really quick, to now thinking somethings broken or it feels down on power (the usual getting used to the power feeling). Either way, still absolutely smitten with her!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah me too!

Went out in it last night and had a real good drive. The power has gone from me thinking each time i put my foot down, oooh this is really quick, to now thinking somethings broken or it feels down on power (the usual getting used to the power feeling). Either way, still absolutely smitten with her!

Ha, been thinking the exact same thing.

This turbo tuning habit is worse than smack, I swear.

Evo 5 RS
It is. Forever chasing that initial kick from higher boost lol. Till next month that is, where I'll be at a point where any higher means you're on "rod watch"

Evo 5 RS
Russell Fellows received the rear section back on Friday. He fixed it over the weekend and it's coming back to me tomorrow. Can't fault that for service. Only paid delivery one way, no quibble.
Still no word on the turbo/fitting kit..I'm hoping it arrives today or tomorrow. Ross-Sport operate in a really weird way...

image001.jpg

Countryman JCW
Russell Fellows received the rear section back on Friday. He fixed it over the weekend and it's coming back to me tomorrow. Can't fault that for service. Only paid delivery one way, no quibble.
Still no word on the turbo/fitting kit..I'm hoping it arrives today or tomorrow. Ross-Sport operate in a really weird way...

View attachment 194124
Dont they just!

i requested my refund on my seat brackets and still waiting for the money to go into my account. All i've received so far is an email from Ross saying it can take a while for the funds to transfer... but nothing official really.

Exhaust looks good mate!

One thing i've noticed with the Evo as a comparison to the Golf. I the Golf, it didnt matter what the weather was doing, it always felt as quick, which is the only turbo charged car i've driven where warmer weather didnt seem to make a difference in terms of performance. The last week with the weather being warm and fairly humid, the Evo was definitely pulling less... then this morning on the way to work it was nice and cool with no humidity, and it seemed to pull a lot more. Definitely turbo weather (as to be expected in cooler climates)

Evo 5 RS
Yeah probably a combination of a few things being more tired and how the car responds but the warm air does make a difference here, too. Par for the course with turbo cars but noticeable on the Evo

Still waiting on a refund here as well on a deposit lol. Just seems like Ross is the only one you can get any sense out of at that company. He's been nothing but helpful, the rest seems to say things, then do another - or not as is the case.

Evo 5 RS
I can't see that. What's up with all these photobucket messages about 3rd party hosting?! Have they sold out like Imageshack.

Evo 5 RS
Thanks, you not considered a 9 bumper upgrade?
Yeaaah but it's try hard. I'd rather just get a 9 lol. Don't get me wrong, I love the 8 - but it's the same story with the 7 compared to the 8. Natural progression of things lol. I actually prefer the nose on the 8, though. No idea why people go out of their way to change it.