ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Evo 5 RS
I'm at a bit of a cross-roads as to how to cap things. I'll obviously speak with Hayes, but don't want to cross any 'safe' limits. So much conflicting information between engine variations and users.
A few have been running 1.9 bar on stock bottom end for a good while lol. So many different conditions to consider, though.

Everything was so much easier with NA tuning :D

Evo 5 RS
Yes, why yes that is right I like wasting money.

Capture.JPG

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks mate, I'm a lot less scared of it breaking after Brands tbh.

Also, fixed the high offset for the road setup...

97e4f19b1602b0356e3a6814195ead0e.jpg

fc8a27032e14f866c1aac42d66bad6ee.jpg

17x9 ET27 1.2's with 235/40 AD08R.

Proper pics once I've cleaned the track grime off this weekend.
Looking great mate, so far im loving my AD08R's.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
How are you finding that size rim and tyre on your car ?

I've got some 9"x17" with 30 offset for my 5.
I've currently got standard suspension and sits quite high.

Do you have any rubbing in general or when cornering?

Your car looks lovely as it sits too.

Cheers
67ec9dc8499b63fbfe0cf3d4638c565f.jpg

af5891579ff9e70defae6b65add8ba0e.jpg

7b4d46eb5948b7d01f7f729b46dcd448.jpg

A few pics after the post Brands clean, in the sun shine.
finding those rims

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
@JON FOZ they're smaller in overall height than the Enkei's on 225/45 R888R, so the car is sitting lower than it did. I only found this out when I went to go back up my drive. 🙈

I haven't really pushed the car with this setup on, and tbh as it's just the road setup I don't really expect many problems. No scrubbing thus far, but then most of the time I'm in the car on my own, with not much weight carried.

The car came with 18x9J ET27 and 225/40R18 and that scrubbed a tiny bit at the front under fairly heavy load. It's always had the Ohlins on it in my ownership.

Monaco 172
@adamlstr Mate, that looks hard as fucxing nails!!!

Genuinely a dream car of mine, I've wanted a E5 (i know yours is a 6 before someone says) since i was a teenager as yours is a truly beautiful example. so so so nice.

7b4d46eb5948b7d01f7f729b46dcd448.jpg

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
@adamlstr Mate, that looks hard as fucxing nails!!!

Genuinely a dream car of mine, I've wanted a E5 (i know yours is a 6 before someone says) since i was a teenager as yours is a truly beautiful example. so so so nice.

View attachment 1331094

Me too!

When I was 13 and in 1999 my Dad had a 6 GSR from new, and I remember waiting for it to come in on the boat. I kept rereading the Autocar from the time with the front page of a silver one getting massive air at Mira with the title of 'Supercar Slayer' or something.

He'd do trackdays, and all sorts in it as his daily. And I'd always be there in shotgun. Eventually racking up 107,000 miles in it before swapping it for a 6 extreme.

When I turned 17, my Dad, in his infinite wisdom, let me loose in it. Then at about 19 he let me loose around Spa and the Nordschliefe.

For half my life I've wanted a 6 of my own, and now I have one. [emoji51]

..For half my life I've wanted a 6 of my own, and now I have one. [emoji51]
You must be over the moon ?! It looks ace!!
I still remember when my ex boss rolled up in his brand new (Ralliart UK spec) blue one, it was some light blue colour that I've never seen since. He even had an EVO reg on it, T222 EVO. I didn't ever go in it but I was in awe!!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
You must be over the moon ?! It looks ace!!
I still remember when my ex boss rolled up in his brand new (Ralliart UK spec) blue one, it was some light blue colour that I've never seen since. He even had an EVO reg on it, T222 EVO. I didn't ever go in it but I was in awe!!

It wasn't that big of a deal, but yeah it's nice.

I bet it was an amazing feeling when you got your own, have you returned the favour and let your dad have a blast in it ??

It's like having a really hot wife, that likes to stab you in the leg most nights.

Evo 5 RS
My 8 is still at Dynotech till next week, looking forward to getting it back. Spool should be quicker and morgh torque. Also absolutely no idea how the new exhaust will sound lol.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
My 8 is still at Dynotech till next week, looking forward to getting it back. Spool should be quicker and morgh torque. Also absolutely no idea how the new exhaust will sound lol.

I was sharing a garage with Bob at Brands the other week, seemed a nice chap. Put up with all my questions, and his 9 is an absolute weapon!

Evo 5 RS
Cars all done. Just needs mapping.

That's me skint for awhile. He even managed to loom up the gauges and get the scraggly looking oil temp sensor for the OE gauges to work :D