ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L.A. Noire

Nothing at the mo :(
love this game:)
on the Black Dahlia case now.I think 4.5 hours in
question do if somebody takes a "hostage" is there anyway to get him without killing him?
i always feel bad when they die:(

you mean when you chase someone and he grabs someone?? you just gotta wait for him to pop his head out and bam!!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Really enjoying this, too.

Anyone else jump at the neighbours green mask? Lol!

Ok.
I'm supposed to Investigate Keystone Films. But other than an invoice for wood and a film projector that you can't get to play at a listenable speed; there's nothing to investigate. Fack.

First annoying bit in an otherwise excellent game.

Found my first black hole tonight.

Walking near some trees, when all of a sudden I started sinking, ended up so far underground I could see the entire map. Died after 3-4 mins.

R14 CUP
Yeah, I got stuck between a tree and a wall near the library, couldn't get out. So had to restart from last save point :(

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Loving this game! Can't help but feel it's going a bit quick though.

Got really mad when this happened too, wish I could replay the level!

not being able to find enough evidence to lock up the Pedo ELI and having to charge that guy out of heroes for the murder in the butterfly broach mission

Just starting playing this today.

Although its a good game I can't help but think it would be much better if you were the bad guy. Still just getting into it though so may change my mind.

M135i
Just got this tonight and i am s**t ! i cnt answer any of the questions 'correct' lol im either missing somthing (being thick as pig s**t) or this is hard ! lol

Integra Type-R DC2
Ok.
I'm supposed to Investigate Keystone Films. But other than an invoice for wood and a film projector that you can't get to play at a listenable speed; there's nothing to investigate. Fack.

To get the projector to play at a decent speed, adjust the 2 knobs and flick the switch at the bottom. First one adjusts focus, second adjusts speed, and bottom switch switches from reverse, to forward.

To get the projector to play at a decent speed, adjust the 2 knobs and flick the switch at the bottom. First one adjusts focus, second adjusts speed, and bottom switch switches from reverse, to forward.

ahh! I might well love you! Didn't realise there was a switch too.

I've got nothing else to spoil now

but I can't help spoiler tagging like a loon

Probably because I'm übercool tbh

sorry

I must admit I cant get into this game! I find it really stop-start and the questioning is just frustrating. From what I've read most people are having a hard time getting questions correct!? I think for me it makes it really hard to get into, and don't get me wrong I love story/campaign games! I almost never used to go online. Just to rub it in DIRT 3 is out now as well! I wanna get it but I think it'l mean LA Noire is on the shelf!

I got really into this last night then got upto a traffic cop and had a case in the bar where a man was runover and i got the questions wrong 3 times in a row, got pissed off and switched it off.

I find it really slow i am impatient though. Picking up newspapers all the time and watching the vid no thanks just let me play, also i found the contols were not very good.

On one mission where i was chasing a guy from the jewellery store i needed to shoot him whilst chasing him it was telling me to press R2 and R1 to shoot but as i was pressing these my cop was hiding behind trees and benches. WTF get up dont hide.

Would be a much better game if it was GTA based, no being able to just drive round do what you want is rubbish, when i get in that car i just want to go mad.

Like i said i am impatient though havent got much time for games that you need to spend forever watching flash backs on what happened etc etc. Will continue playing see how it plans out. At the minute i think they could of made the game a hell of alot better.

I think there should be a few different roads you can go down as a cop just the one they want you to take. Like how about a story where you can become a bad cop helping out gang lords etc etc. a few different story lines in whcih you could take would be better.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Would be a much better game if it was GTA based, no being able to just drive round do what you want is rubbish, when i get in that car i just want to go mad.

That's like playing Forza and being dissppointed that you can't drop banana skins as you prefer Mario Kart. Completely different types of games; L.A Noire never set out to be a GTA type game.

That's like playing Forza and being dissppointed that you can't drop banana skins as you prefer Mario Kart. Completely different types of games; L.A Noire never set out to be a GTA type game.

I am not saying it set out to be, just IMO i would enjoy the game more if it was set out like that. I prefer to be the bad guy thats why i said maybe taking a bad cop role ruining cases etc. Just gets a boring after a while doing the same thing for every single case, walk round find clues, read a paper, watch a vid, ring the station, chase a bad guyetc.

Plus the camera angles arnt the best, it could be a more finished game. All imo of course some people like different types of games.

The graphics are brilliant though good attention to detail.

Sounds like you're b**ching because you have the patience of a rock ape

Haha am not that bad.

Your telling me everyone that has played this will happily walk round a bar for 10mins trying to find a clue picking up every bottle that means f**k all. I would rather catch people, kill people, drive like a loon, do car chases. Something abit more exciting than walking round.

I hope it improves as you get promoted and get the better cases. Which i am sure it will, going to give it a proper going at tonight seeing as the missus is out.

Last edited:
  I love Lamp
Haha I know what you mean, I've stopped doing the newspapers as cba to watch the videos and I make the other guy drive everywhere but once I get to places its good :p

Worst thing I found was I was going to find these special hidden cars and the stupid other dude managed to get himself stuck on someones porch... I couldn't push him off it and he wouldn't leave it he just kept shuffling around this tiny bit so I was stuck having to drive from one side of the map to a mission on the other side in some cruddy go-kart looking car that was awfully slow and not worth the hassle to get. Once I got to the mission the guy had magically made it there too lol

Its a great game don't get me wrong, I just find its not very well paced and the whole interrogation system is a little rough and vague. They will probably pull out another 'Noire' game with more polish and perfected controls etc. Untill then I think I may be purchasing DIRT 3 this avo!

Your telling me everyone that has played this will happily walk round a bar for 10mins trying to find a clue picking up every bottle that means f**k all. I would rather catch people, kill people, drive like a loon, do car chases. Something abit more exciting than walking round.

Yes. You're a detective, and supposedly a good one - looking for clues is your job. You are not Niko Bellic, Carl Johnson, Gay Tony, etc, etc.

If it was paced any quicker it'd feel far more forced and linear than it does imo.

Bottom line is, it's an excellent game - but because it's so different to most other games at the minute it's not getting the bumlove it deserves. Shame.

Yes. You're a detective, and supposedly a good one - looking for clues is your job. You are not Niko Bellic, Carl Johnson, Gay Tony, etc, etc.

If it was paced any quicker it'd feel far more forced and linear than it does imo.

Bottom line is, it's an excellent game - but because it's so different to most other games at the minute it's not getting the bumlove it deserves. Shame.

Thats why i said maybe it should have a few different paths to take as a detective not everyone will want to be a straight cop maybe a story line where you could become a bad cop if you wanted too. Don't get me wrong its good but i think it was a bit to hyped up imo.

Like i said i will give it a few hours tonight see if i get out the traffic cop scene and onto the next promotion stage see it gets a little better which i am guessing it will do as the cases should get abit more tricky and the crimes should be alot better, rather than a guy that killed a pig in his car to run away with a new woman. I want to meet some crazy druglords or murderer's.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You don't have to watch the videos related to the newspapers. Simply press a button to stop it. It maybe takes away 8 seconds of your lift, but it adds to your newspaper collecting and there's only 21 or so to find IIRC.

I'm on Arson desk now.

Think I've unlocked about 68 cars, too. Still no gold film reels.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
If this whole face recognising thing takes off (I don't see why it won't tbh, it's incredible) there will be amazing times ahead for the industry as a whole IMO. I can see top actors starring in games a regular thing in the next few years.

Nothing at the mo :(
How the smeg do you Police Patrol?

It said when i was on Traffic that i can go to my desk at any time and do patrol missions

How!! lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sounds like you're bitching because you have the patience of a rock ape

LOL. Exactly.

It's a brilliant game. Just not one for stupid people or people that have to have contant action to be entertained.

Saying 'I wish it was more like GTA' is mental.

Yep i am clearly mental on having different views to you of a playstation game.

I forgot people are thick for having different gaming styles to others thanks Dr.Christopher.

Oh, and GTA V's already 90% confirmed it'll get this facial animation treatment, too.

Wait a minute, where've you heard that? Nothing official about the next GTA has been mentioned anywhere, or are you just assuming?
Admittedly, probably it's probably a correct assumption, but still..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Wait a minute, where've you heard that? Nothing official about the next GTA has been mentioned anywhere, or are you just assuming?
Admittedly, probably it's probably a correct assumption, but still..

A lot of people 'assume' that's why Rockstar helped Bondi with this in the first place.