ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt nightmare

Superninj

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup & E46 M3
Hi wondering if someone can save me from going insane, I have a 172 cup with air con pack which I’ve been rebuilding as a project. I’ve had issues with tensioner which I realised in the end was seized.

I have a genuine belt kit with tensioner that I can just not seem to get to fit! It’s a 1662 length belt and with band clamp around tensioner spring I just can not get the belt on the new tensioner pulley, how easy should it go on?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8879.jpeg
    IMG_8879.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8883.jpeg
    IMG_8883.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8881.jpeg
    IMG_8881.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8878.jpeg
    IMG_8878.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hi wondering if someone can save me from going insane, I have a 172 cup with air con pack which I’ve been rebuilding as a project. I’ve had issues with tensioner which I realised in the end was seized.

I have a genuine belt kit with tensioner that I can just not seem to get to fit! It’s a 1662 length belt and with band clamp around tensioner spring I just can not get the belt on the new tensioner pulley, how easy should it go on?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Mine put up a bit of a fight and I had the correct MOT tool.

In the end I removed the bolt at the top of the alternator (circled), pull it down a little, and it went on. I was able to push the alternator back into position easy enough.

IMG_2888.jpeg

Superninj

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup & E46 M3
Thanks guys, got it done this afternoon worked a treat. Key was having belt on all positions and making sure all slack was out. Rotating pulley down was perfect. Clio a step closer to being on the road now 👍