ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Karting.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Put simply, we're definitely doing it again after the success of last time. Looking to do a date in September, probably the first weekend of the month when everyone still has money!

Like to see as many people going as possible, so feel free to bring mates along e.t.c.

Plymouth could be the venue, was a brilliant place to go last time, and isn't too far west that nobody can come. St. Eval could also be a possible venue, as it's a fantastic track with stupidly quick karts (I'd happily say it's one of the best tracks in the UK), but would have to be a whole day thing as it means driving deep into the heart of Cornwall.

However I think the easiest venue for everybody to get to would be Raceworld in Exeter. Fairly central for the region and looks pretty decent. Bit grippy though.
5048_1.jpg

£27 for 3 10min sessions, or we could look at doing a grand prix if we have more than 25 people going. (HOWEVER I WILL ASK THAT A DEPOSIT IS MADE IN ADVANCE IF WE DO THIS)

We'll fit some other stuff around the event, maybe photos before and a meal after.

Discuss, ladies and gentlemen.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yeh sounds good to me :) last time was great fun!

Only depends on the date for me, dont know if I can be bothered to come down to Plymouth 3 weekends in a row. Also depends on when I start uni etc etc aswell. So let me know a date and will see what I can do. Or ill come by train and someone can have the pleasure of driving me around ;) haha

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Come by train mate, you can experience the mighty 1.2 if nobody else is willing lol! I've not set the date in stone yet as I want to see how many people are available when. What weekends are you coming down?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Haha, I want to go karting, not for a death trip lol will see how things go ;)
Down 28th-31 gfs birthday - dont think I can get out of it lol
Then I have a feeling freshers is the 16th sept - so would be down that weekend to move into halls etc.
We will see, if I can scrape together 1K, or sell mine, I might bring the replacement - if i can get it lol

But dont do the date around me! Whatever works bes for everyone, would be good to get more people as last time was great

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Haha, I want to go karting, not for a death trip lol will see how things go ;)
Down 28th-31 gfs birthday - dont think I can get out of it lol
Then I have a feeling freshers is the 16th sept - so would be down that weekend to move into halls etc.
We will see, if I can scrape together 1K, or sell mine, I might bring the replacement - if i can get it lol

But dont do the date around me! Whatever works bes for everyone, would be good to get more people as last time was great

If you do want to come down via train, I can pick you up at Tiverton parkway :)

Provided its not on any of my family's birthdays, I will be attending for sure :) was brilliant last time and I always like to do a bit of karting. I will do better this time with a bit more grip I think! :p

PB Clio 172
looks fun but a very small track! you know me I am all for St Eval its the best karting track in the UK but its so far away and the Exeter/Taunton lot wouldn't drive that far, be silly. Problem is once you have been St Eval everything else will be rubbish :dapprove: I am a maybe right now

Its my birthday on Sep 3rd am going away for 2 weeks so wont be able to do then. see what happens watch this space

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Rob, I agree St. Eval's great but you try getting people to go there lol. Tbh even if the karts aren't great you can still have plenty of fun!

1. McGherkin2. Richy182.
3. Sean6545
4. Ed (maybe)
5. The Fatty
6. benjibrady
7. _JamesB_

Clio 182 trophy
im game for most places. but exeter sounds very central to me plus i havent raced there before. can count me in plus a couple mates i have on here also.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Right, only other date really is the 7th. Any objections?

1. McGherkin
2. Richy182.
3. Sean6545
4. Ed (maybe)
5. The Fatty
6. benjibrady
7. _JamesB_
8.Clio_Scott92 (+ friends)
9.l33th3tr33

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Exeter meet on the 13th Sep?? not sure this will work

Dont have the meet on the friday, change it to the saturday and include the karting, drive pics + food or whatever else people want to do - Problem Solved

But on the whole good for pretty much anything on any date

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly :) Depends on work and other things though! Plymouth is probably the easiest for me since I've driven to there before, but what's life without adventure!

Unfortunately mate if I try to pull it further west people don't tend to go, the eastern lot can't be arsed to drive as far as us lol.

I'd like to organise a Cornwall meet at some point though. Possibly a recurrance of the Truro meet that was held early in the year.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I meant that for Saturday the 14th by the way.
But either way I doubt people will be doing both within a week.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
1. McGherkin
2. Richy182.
3. Sean6545
4. Ed_200
5. The Fatty
6. benjibrady
7. _JamesB_
8.Clio_Scott92 (+ friends)
9.l33th3tr33
10. supptora (maybe)

Unfortunately mate if I try to pull it further west people don't tend to go, the eastern lot can't be arsed to drive as far as us lol.

I'd like to organise a Cornwall meet at some point though. Possibly a recurrance of the Truro meet that was held early in the year.

Sucks I wasn't on here earlier in the year, would have been a perfect place to get to haha.
Would be ace if we could get another Cornwall meet though, shall get to discuss pasties, tractors and how they need to bring back south crofty tin mine!