ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Karting Meet

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm thinking of organising a karting meet so this thread is to gather interest, ideas and suggestions.

A quick Google search has come up with:

Thruxton outdoor karting
Team Sport indoor karting who have venues in Andover, Southampton, Camberley, Crawley etc

Both do a variety of race formats.

Please post if you're interested and/or have any ideas on locations/race formats etc.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ive been to Team Sport in Camberley which was very good indeed, good track and plenty of driving time.

I've done Team sport in Eastleigh and my son recently did a night at Thruxton. He said the Thruxton one was pretty full on and they have their own Stigs whose only puprpose is to show off their skills and don't care if they ruin your night by forcinf you off. They were fast he said. We may both be up for it though.

No people who think they are that good and turn up on a regular basis with all the gear, some idea, a modicum of talent and think that Karting is a contact sport if you happen to be on their line in a corner. I think they may even have their own helmets, gloves and boots Tim :rasp:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
No people who think they are that good and turn up on a regular basis with all the gear, some idea, a modicum of talent and think that Karting is a contact sport if you happen to be on their line in a corner. I think they may even have their own helmets, gloves and boots Tim :rasp:

LOL my Alpinestars gloves and boots are meant for karting :eek:

I see nothing wrong with giving someone a gentle tap ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ive been to Team Sport in Camberley which was very good indeed, good track and plenty of driving time.

Seconded. The Camberley one is brilliant, really tight and twisty circuit. IIRC you get practice, qualifying and two races. First race being the top qualifiers at the front and the second is started in reverse order of the winners of the first. If that makes sense....

I'll definately be interested Tim.

Last edited:
  Renault Sport Clio 182
Id be up for it, i have my own kart suiet gloves helmet ect because i used to race in a sunday league thing, but dont worry i dont think im a 'driving god' lol

Trophy #387
I'd be up for it, always wanted to go karting with a huge group as it's usually just me, my brother and my Dad going round and they're easy meat!

I went to Crawley on my 10th birthday or something, it was good and they've know got a much longer "international" track I believe.

LY R26
I would be keen for Karting, i have heard that Thruxton is decent, also got a couple of mates who i know will deffo come along :)

197 Albi Blue
Camberley is the best of all the Team Sport venues, im going on Wednesday night. Thruxton outdoors is a bit expensive

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Thruxton for definate, a million times better than the teamsport rubbish tbh.

I've driven Thruxton before and its awesome, you wont be dissapointed.

LOL, Thruxton is like a trackday in Karts, no thank you!

Teamsport is friendly, social, and fun! It's not all about Top Speed yo!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
If we had the track to ourselves, which I doubt we would then maybe.

But in the past when you get hardcore knobs cutting up and bashing into the newbs its isn't fun for everyone. I know its quicker, and more about getting your lines right and shaving that second off, but when your going round with w bunch of people you've just met it's more socialble to just have fun, rather than the red mist!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
at £82 each its going to be a struggle.

Did 4 hours for 20 people at £25 each at Eastliegh during week, eveing from 7, don't know if something similar is avalible?

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Thruxton seems to be better value for money

Teamsport said:
Can be held Mon-Fri before 6pm – Minimum 14 Drivers, after 6pm – Minimum 16 Drivers

Weekends all day – Minimum of 16 Drivers

Race through a series of qualifying heats, with points awarded for the top placed drivers in each heat. Those with the most points at the end of the heats race for glory in the grand final. A trophy podium presentation at the end finishes the event in true F1 style!
Event Types:
Super 4GP – 4 Heats of 4 Laps, 5 Lap Semi Final, 6 Lap Grand Final
From £39.95 per driver
Super 6GP – 4 Heats of 6 Laps, 7 Lap Semi Final, 8 Lap Grand Final
From £47.95 per driver
Super 8GP – 4 Heats of 8 Laps, 9 Lap Semi Final, 10 Lap Grand Final
From £54.95 per driver

Thruxton said:
Grand Prix
£69 (Weekdays), £82 (Weekends)

Call 01264 882231 for more information
Plenty of track time, ultra competitive and thoroughly rewarding, our Grand Prix events are one of the most popular formats we run. The practice session gives enough time to learn the circuit in preparation for the first round of heats. Heading up to the first corner four abreast approaching 50mph, this is proper racing! If you don't do well the first time then there's always another heat to make up some places. Then a final awaits (all drivers will drive in a Final), the top three receive trophies and the winner receives that all important champagne.
A minimum of fifteen payments is required for exclusivity. Suitable for large or small groups. Groups over fifteen are split into two, and run with a slightly different format:
  • 8 minute practice for group 1
  • 8 minute practice for group 2
  • Group 1 heat 1 - 8 laps
  • Group 2 heat 1 - 8 laps
  • Group 1 heat 2 - 8 laps
  • Group 2 heat 2 - 8 laps
Points are scored in all the heats to decide who drives in which final - note that all drivers take part in a final.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Any more news on this Tim?

I have a mate who's recently started working in sales for Teamsport, if we can get definate numbers and a date I'll give him a shout and see if he can get us a good deal. Worth a try!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Ok, lets try to get some proper interest for this.

This will cost between £40 and £80 so please don't put your name down if you'll drop out when it comes to payment time.

1. atouba (Thruxton or Teamsport)

Renault Sport Clio 182
2. Rocky_24

obliviously depending if i can get the day off work if im working

big boost cup
2. Rocky_24
3. tom172cup Thruxton (Plus my pit girl)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
2. Rocky_24
4. MDP91

Date depending

182cup & 172 racecar
2. Rocky_24
4. MDP91
5. Tony Hunter (if I'm not working,racing or jumping out of planes)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
2. Rocky_24
4. MDP91
6. Saner (Teamsport - I can't afford £80!)

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
2. Rocky_24
4. MDP91
7.Chrash (Teamsport )

Depending on location.

Been to crawley a couple of times and its always been pretty good, especially on the track split over 3 levels.

Trophy #387
2. Rocky_24
4. MDP91
7.Chrash (Teamsport )
8. JonnyClio (Thruxton or Teamsport)... a mate of mine may be interested if he's welcome, and if max numbers aren't reached)