ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had my test drive in a 197

Z4
because you are relying on power to weight as your argument in a previous post then harp on about how they don't make book power anyway so the power to weight argument is pointles! thats why !!

no need for the little boy comment. you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist. just calm down a bit. i'll accept your apology later on for your insult.

I didn't say they hardly ever make book power, I said they often vary! Some good some bad, the same can be said for the 197 making my point totally relevant.

I'm not apologising, or arguing, I stand by my points, and respect the guy has just bought himself a 197 for his own reasons, I was meerly plaing devils advocate tbh.

Z4
do now your slating 1.2's now aswell as 197's.

god help what you think of my 106rallye lmao

I never slated 197s, I meerly stated I personally despise their looks, capable yet expensive cars they are.

I'll stay quiet on the 1.2 front to prevent causing any agro!

106 rallyes are nice little motors, very impressive for a 1.3

182 Trophy
I never slated 197s, I meerly stated I personally despise their looks, capable yet expensive cars they are.

lol each to their own i suppose, i love all the renaultsport cars tbh.

phase 2 mine anyway pal, gti lump up front :)

Was a 197
no , lol!

We have a love hate relationship anyway. I hate the reliability, I love the B road blasts.

This is totally off topic by the way.

to be honest, there's been about 100 topic changes anyway thru this thread and i aint bothered being the OP n all!!!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'd rather the newer car with renault picking up the bills for replacing items;)

I think a few of the non believers would change their minds esp on track the 197 is awesome, with cup pack.

Had a trophy for 2 yrs, so the benchmark moves on :rasp:

White clique

As has been pointed out your car was once the price that the OP has paid for his.

For the kit you get on a 197, there is nothing expensive about them at all, especially at their current prices.

172cup
Back to insurance! Yeah sainburys probably will! Get a couple of years no claims and give Greenlight a call. My bike is insured through one of their companies and i got really good deal.

I d really like a go of another 197 with cup pack to compare to my 182. Hopefully my lotto ticket will come in!

182 Trophy
my dad bought his yesterday, white 58plate cup with the spoiler,skirts and front splitter .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ill get some pics up asap, as for the test drive,, awsome,, just awsome

182 Trophy
No Recaros :dapprove:
naaa, had the 17' speedlines in anthracite (spellcheck please lol)
i think theyre spedlines anyway.
was amazed at how planted it felt, its just so much better on the road than the rallye, who ever said the old hatches are the best are a long way from the truth, all i can say is 'take a test drive' lol

i think im as excited as my dad, we pick it up friday

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
naaa, had the 17' speedlines in anthracite (spellcheck please lol)
i think theyre spedlines anyway.
was amazed at how planted it felt, its just so much better on the road than the rallye, who ever said the old hatches are the best are a long way from the truth, all i can say is 'take a test drive' lol

i think im as excited as my dad, we pick it up friday

Yep they are speedlines.

Nice one....I'd go for exactly the same spec but with the Recaors box ticked too :approve:

182 Trophy
Yep they are speedlines.

Nice one....I'd go for exactly the same spec but with the Recaors box ticked too :approve:

haha me too mate, its on 2000 miles though and he got a very good deal on it so was worth not, the standard seats are so comfy and grippy its unreal, ill get pics on this thread when im finished, its changed topic plenty of times now so i mightaswell lol

Was a 197
haha me too mate, its on 2000 miles though and he got a very good deal on it so was worth not, the standard seats are so comfy and grippy its unreal, ill get pics on this thread when im finished, its changed topic plenty of times now so i mightaswell lol

Incredibly rare metal they are, i've only ever seen 2 on the road, oh and the one i test drive, so you was impressed with it then Joe!!!