ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought Clio III 1.5DCI 86 - Spanner light and "Stop" on dashboard

2006 Clio 1.5DCI 86
Hey everyone,

I have literally just returned home with a Mk3 Clio (2006) 1.5DCI 86.

I know that the Spanner warning light is related to car servicing, but what about "Stop" that is also displayed on the right of this (across the other side).:dapprove:

The car is low on fuel, so I'll need to fill it up, and seems to be running fine. Are these 2 messages related i.e. it's saying stop because of the spanner?

The car has full service history, so I'm not overly worried that it's faulty - but can anyone please help put my mind at rest?

Neither the spanner or the stop message are illuminated in orange - it is just black against the normal dark/grey screen. Are they always present on the little screens at the bottom and only light up orange and red respectively when there is actually a problem ? as they both light up for a second when starting the car and then go out again - but the black spanner icon and word stop still remain.

Many thanks

Edit: I have added more fuel to the car - so the low fuel light has gone off but the spanner and stop remain

Last edited:
  Clio sport 182
scroll threw the instrument display to see how long you have till the next service is due ??

2006 Clio 1.5DCI 86
Actually I may just be being dumb - I think they always have the icons there - and there is only a problem if they light up?

Service was just done - and can't remember the exact figure but its in the thousands of miles until next service

Clio sport 182
yes service light and spanner will only light up when either there is a problem or its due a service :approve:

2006 Clio 1.5DCI 86
Many thanks for confirming this - I was just browsing through the Haynes Manual and their wording makes it sound like there is a problem even if they are not lit up, so I thought I had better check.

I can stop worrying now haha