ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joah's - RB Cup Track Only - Target at least one year

RB 182 Cup
How much lower are those seats than the Recaros please?

I've currently got Recaro Trendlines, but not on the original Renault mountings which I believe are 10mm lower than the Trophy's and 20mm lower than standard seats. Problem is, they're still TOO high!

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
How much lower are those seats than the Recaros please?

I've currently got Recaro Trendlines, but not on the original Renault mountings which I believe are 10mm lower than the Trophy's and 20mm lower than standard seats. Problem is, they're still TOO high!

They ain't that low, as I have used omp subframes, plus I have a slider on the drivers side as the missus drives the car, and she's 5ft nothing...

Need to sort out the levelness of the seats tho the passenger one is slightly on the piss.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
So following on for the last post, Saturday and Sunday managed to get the car back together:

Got the alternator pulley on and mounted using the pure motorsport kit, also got the belt on without too much trouble.

4f51f6e6.jpg

As you can see this mounts the alternator where the aircon basically used to be, which now gives me loads of space for the RS2 :)

c2e2b477.jpg

74a83a73.jpg

I gave the wires a good tidy up for the various sensors, and got everything refited.

20ae8e7c.jpg

I then decided while the bumper was off to remove the carbon canister and adjust the bracket on the horn to give me space for the brake ducting to come in the future.

43ccb466.jpg

Without the wheel arch liners fitted there is a nice path for the ducting now :)

e2839a35.jpg

7d4cc1ea.jpg

Refitted the bumper and too it out for a spin, pulls much harder to the redline than it did before, there is some slight hesitation from the throttle when changing gear quick but I think this would be sorted (or at least improved) once it gets a remap. Current state:

127549c5.jpg

5fd55ccb.jpg

55006316.jpg

Next jobs are:

1. Need to purchase new track rod ends and ball joints then get the geo setup correct.

2. to sort out the levelness of the corbeau seats, mainly the passenger one, and get some correct resistors for the airbag lights.

3. Remove the stripes and rear renault sport badge, along with a good clean inside and out.

4. Relocate the battery to a box in the boot, and then sort how to fit the silcone pipe to the RS2.

5. Have some braided brake hoses to fit along with new fluid.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
^^^ ye I like the bonnet too. Have you photoshopped black stripes at all?

May look gash, but you could possibly pull it off.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Get the white stripes gone then add a couple of matt racing blue stripes in the same place as the white ones and continue them onto the bonnet, would bring the bonnet together with the rest of the car and be a subtle addition to the roof and boot lid I think!

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Get the white stripes gone then add a couple of matt racing blue stripes in the same place as the white ones and continue them onto the bonnet, would bring the bonnet together with the rest of the car and be a subtle addition to the roof and boot lid I think!

Would look a bit much I think, first port of call is to remove whats already there! :)

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
So small update, last night got round to removing the stripes on the boot along with the "Renault Sport" badge, also fitted my new number plates while I was at it, so started with this:

55006316.jpg

Removed stripes, badge and numberplate to get this:

bc03f8ce.jpg

Then after alot of tar remover and some polish:

e7d74b12.jpg

Plate fitted:

1545f93f.jpg

Cliosport standard front plate also fitted:

1485099b.jpg

Managed to fit the silcone hose onto the RS2 also:

cdce123b.jpg

6e91f645.jpg

Adjusted the damper settings to the softest setting all round too, the drive into work this morning was muchly improved :) as the settings were nearer to fully hard, however this stacks up well for when I hit the track. :)

To do next is firstly sort out the alignment of the seats, as the passenger one is slightly on the piss, then replace the ball joints and track rods and get the geo setup as it pulls over the road at the moment, also to fit the whiteline ARB when it comes :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Joe, you want the dampers turned up more than that, start off at about 10 clicks from soft all round, and tweak it from there. You'll most likely want it even slightly firmer on the front, but do it to your taste :)

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Joe, you want the dampers turned up more than that, start off at about 10 clicks from soft all round, and tweak it from there. You'll most likely want it even slightly firmer on the front, but do it to your taste :)

Yeah will need tweaking up as you said, I did it really just to get a feel for the difference, once I get the geo done it should be a bit easier to adjust and get it spot on.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah will need tweaking up as you said, I did it really just to get a feel for the difference, once I get the geo done it should be a bit easier to adjust and get it spot on.

Hi chap, where are you planning on getting your alignment done?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
So a very long time since the last update: things have changed.
With family and dog requirements the need for a bigger car was imminent and looked like I would sell the clio but happy to say I havent had too.
It has now been taken off the road for good to become a dedicated track day car - having owned this car now since 2009 its easily the longest I have owned a car and having spent its time as standard since the last updates it was time to give it a new lease of life:

First thing to do was to strip the cars interior while sourcing other parts - all interior removed as usual and found some good techniques on here to remove the tar as seen below.
4C98A00F-2EB1-4BB4-8425-CB3787A73A62_zpsvlwhowew.jpg

EE88B9F9-2D11-4752-86A9-E70FCFBC9212_zpsoyo36ohy.jpg

490F8878-159F-4D8A-AEF3-00F26F5CF2DE_zpsicccbqmd.jpg

BACEFE46-9058-40B5-8ADD-ED590776FBB1_zpsvvquswfq.jpg

Also whilst I had the scuttle off removed the rest of the aircon which I couldnt be bothered to do at the time of fitted in the PMS aircon delete some many months ago! Supprising about of weight..
0B8FF06A-46B6-4327-8067-B2996139AB56_zpspiacx6rn.jpg

A second hand safety devices cage was sourced along with some F1's & R888's.
Ordered the fixing kit direct from saftey devices and cracked on tacking the feet in and getting it all bolted up.
6F806527-66B0-4FE3-B22F-8C81AABB1A67_zpsjqyqs5bs.jpg

677FD2A8-46C2-4878-BC70-DEE80153DCF0_zpszljasjro.jpg

11BEE3D3-49FA-4DAB-8A05-3E8ACE46D673_zpsgzmhozkn.jpg

After much in out in out I got it all welded up and seem sealed and painted the mouting points - full interior respray maybe in the future but for now just painted the feet in satin black to keep it looking ok :)
Cage in losely now as waiting to get the top dash flocked before its all tighten down - sourced some nice ex-cup racer seats from Nick on here a while ago bolted to x-low subframes so fitted the drivers one so I could move the car around - the hot seat:
D8169AC0-F5ED-4385-B1AD-824CECA2F832_zpsxc1zdcs0.jpg

Also after a spening spree with PMS - PMS shifter (as seen above) & 182 exhaust system were ordered - both a work of art!
All fitted and looking/sounding epic!
8AECED54-1D52-40CD-8726-776BE2CFAB87_zpsh1rg7fiz.jpg

And this is where it now stands:
E62D0391-DFAC-4A0A-AEDA-FC6AE921C158_zpst1zyhrjm.jpg

I have purchased some AST's from -DAN- on here and picking them up this week, then the next few months will be spent replacing bushes and normal things which have not been done.
Aim is to get out to around 5/6 track days next year - hopefully more if money/time is available.
I will try and keep this a bit more up to date in the future. :)

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
AST's picked up on tuesday thanks @-D4N-
Front are now fitted in place just need to sort the rears out this afternoon if the weather holds off!

1C052812-BB89-4E08-BD9E-DA35EA59101D_zpsy0jifoqt.jpg

After this its just a case of tidying the interior wiring and fitting top dash (once flocked), door cards and seats. Then will go into the garage for the winter months until start of next year when I will be booking a shakedown track day.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Sorted the rears out today
365C2B86-305F-41A6-9C26-6A5AF412E800_zpsi3bbq5gw.jpg

F81E0220-B821-4DFF-8F21-F3A4EDD7BEB3_zps9czuawxm.jpg

Also test fitted the headlamp blanks (which will be wrapped in a different colour at some point)
4F5A7B65-63B5-438F-816E-6566A58C8787_zpsn7ozexm3.jpg

Also my mate races in the MGCC championship of which I help out with the team so sporting their webpage on the back now.
F0BAF119-AF34-401E-A56D-186635271D0C_zpsmsq25ltm.jpg

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I still love the colour as much now as 6 years ago when this was the only colour I wanted :) nah I got the headlamp blanks off this site from dinger I think - they are just light lenses with vinyl on top but have the air intake bonded in.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome. Where's the carbon bonnet gone?

You will see the previous posts at the top of this page are from 2012. :) needed to revert back to standard-ish spec as the missus required it as a daily driver for a few years - and decided to part company with the high value parts.

Now we have a family wagon (fitted with a towbar of course) so this is now off the road.

I may go fibreglass bonnet and boot in the future but for now just focusing on the suspension / chassis upgrades so I can get out on track in it.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Love a track build thread. Especially in RB.

Seat looks epic.
Is that letterbox air feed not a bit small in the headlight?

The seats are awesome there is another matching one for the passenger but in XL size so my fat mates can passenger.. :)
hmm I dunno it is actually quite a big opening at the back and this will be ducted into the v6 airbox once I get some ducting, should do the job nicely.

Clio 220 PH2
AST's picked up on tuesday thanks @-D4N-
Front are now fitted in place just need to sort the rears out this afternoon if the weather holds off!

1C052812-BB89-4E08-BD9E-DA35EA59101D_zpsy0jifoqt.jpg

After this its just a case of tidying the interior wiring and fitting top dash (once flocked), door cards and seats. Then will go into the garage for the winter months until start of next year when I will be booking a shakedown track day.
The car looks lovely a really nice job :)
What's ASTs are these ? 5100s ?
Cheers Ben

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know if the rear bottom bolts on the ast's are suppose to have a spacer or collar as seems the hole on the damper is bigger than the bolt?