ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio182Clio1.4,Hilux
Where did you get your replacement radiator and super compact cooling fan?
I'm needing a replacement and it looks just the job.

Cheers,

Calum.

Rad is a Valeo unit, fan is a kenlowe style fan and I drew up the mounts for it :)

Sorry some of the pics aren't working - my hosting package for the JMS site is being moved at the moment.

Renault Clio 182
They are sheep wheels *. I'm tempted to get mine powder coated orange now :D They do suit wild colours compared to other alloys :D

*Speedline 2118 - 15"

Ah thanks. I was thinking Kawasaki Racing Green, after all im going to look at getting some detailing done in that colour too.

Good to see someone from my town on here too just looking at your location and with the right description!

It's been a very poor week progress wise as we have been moving workshop, we also have 100 million other cars to work on at the moment / manifolds to build / so the 182 has been looking rather sorry for itself. :(

Only progress has been welding in all of the cage box sections:

30.JPG

The cage b pillar struts had moved inward by nearly 2 inches since it was jigged (usually attributed to the welding carried out on the joins I am reliably informed) Anyway with the help of an extremely experienced panel beater we got it sorted and welded the feet in.

T minus 9 days till shakedown :eek:

May i ask where the cage is from and how much it's perfect !! ??
Leigh

The cage is the rear half of a caged full Clio -PH2 cage, I stock and fit them, there are better images of it earlier in the thread.

The rear half is bolted to box sections that have to be welded in the passenger foot wells. It then has the fittings to expand to a full cage when needed.

Looking promising Tom. What width are the wheel spacers? There are limits for competition. I take it you are consulting the blue book? You can view it for free on the MSA website these days.

Let me know if you need any parts. I'll do you a nice nice price?!

Golf GTD Mk7
The mirrors and the wheels where sprayed by my good friend Ollie - it's not powder - I'm almost certain you can't even powder coat plastic due to the heat involved?

You can PC plastic yeah. I presume the heat is lower for longer.

Last edited:
Progress has been slow on the car for the last couple of weeks as we have been flat out with work, so much so that I have not been able to get the car on a ramp to crack on.

I intend to bring the car back to the workshop tomorrow (we ran out of storage space in the yard!) and get on with it!

As it stands:

31.jpg

That's just rocked back at max. It's not set up yet!!

You should see the toe - if one wheel is straight the other side sits as if it is half a steering wheel turn outwards.

s**t ASTs & pikey pissed setup.

Oh and don't forget the extended camber slots, cut with my own junior hacksaw. All in all, a good combo ;)

lol. Actually I milled the camber slots properly you sl@g

Can now run up to 4.5 deg neg.

Making the headlight blanks however was a messy business that employed a lot of tasty airsaw action.

Lionel Richie
well its your money, whatever works works! Make sure the driveshafts don't fall out the box, we had that issue at 4deg, had to have custom shafts made

what series you going into by the way? Dynacup is getting blue booked next year too, might have to come play with you and burpspeed, £50 wager per race?

Good call on the driveshafts, I'll have a look. Which one was the worst for it - nearside?

Not sure about series, I've been speaking with Mr Hunter to get together some ideas.

Would be superb to get a along to a race all together. £50.00 goes to the team that finishes without mech issues!

By all do you mean a 140k volvo & a hired trailer?

Wait, are we members of the exclusive CS-traders-volvo-owners-club?

Whats your spec - headlight wipers, running lights? 'SIPS' airbags? :cool:

Oh yeah baby!; 1.9D V40 Sport (Apparently) Non concours edition ;)

Actually a Meggy diesel engine with Volvo internals & box.

Enough mileage on her to circumnavigate the earth 38 times! :cool:

Volvo meet sometime?

France%20Skiing_41.jpg

Lionel Richie
snow chains!!! you are h'actually gayer than i initally thought ;)

i roll on borderline legal part worns :D

volvo's have THEEEEEE best seats and booming stereos in the world

I keep catching James trying to stick 'JMS BUS' on the bottom of the boot door in those chav halfords chrome letters. Pesky youths.

Sadly the headlight wipers no longer function, due to excessive ice build up they stripped their splines, so they were disconnected and they are now mere silhouettes of their once greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.