ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JCC's FRS

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've not payed much attention to prices recently actually, it's definitely worth paying a little extra to get one from the likes of RS Direct or another decent dealer, there's a lot of shite about. Quite a few that have had big power and been flung back to standard in a half arsed way too.

Yeah I agree 100%. Due to how little mileage I do my intention was always to pay top dollar for a low mileage and as mint as possible example.

Although recent thefts of the last few months also stopped me from buying one tbh. My current house does't have a garage and although it is gated I really don't want to leave it on view not being driven for 5 days a week.

I've not payed much attention to prices recently actually, it's definitely worth paying a little extra to get one from the likes of RS Direct or another decent dealer, there's a lot of shite about. Quite a few that have had big power and been flung back to standard in a half arsed way too.

I went to look at one with my mate at Peoples Ford at Hermiston Gait. Salesman swore down it was standard, never been mapped etc. I popped in to see Simon on the way there and he said he put it back to standard from Revo Stage4+ a few weeks earlier!

It was also a shanner and rusted to f**k lol!

Mini GP2
I went to look at one with my mate at Peoples Ford at Hermiston Gait. Salesman swore down it was standard, never been mapped etc. I popped in to see Simon on the way there and he said he put it back to standard from Revo Stage4+ a few weeks earlier!

rust already ?? they're only 6 years old at most..... bloody hell.

Will you be at Ford Fair this year? :smile:
I highly doubt it no, bit of a trek from where I am! You attending?
I think i'm seeing a different car to you lot.
Lol, that's the CS response I expected.

Aye I mind you saying, main dealers - wenks.
rust already ?? they're only 6 years old at most..... bloody hell.
Design flaw, rear bumper sitting too tight to the quarter (on some of them) rubbing the paint off, moisture/dirt getting trapped in there causing rust. Only ever seen one suffering from it mind and it was a shed to begin with anyway.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, that's the CS response I expected.
I always aim to please. To be fair as long as you're happy and it sounds very much like you are. I just think it looks perfect here.

15345614884_205912a564_c.jpg

I always aim to please. To be fair as long as you're happy and it sounds very much like you are. I just think it looks perfect here.
I did love the standard look, one thing I won't miss is having to clean those wheels though, killed my soul a little every time I thought about it.

Yup, looks like I am keeping the car for a little longer now :smile:
Awesome! Any more plans for it? Your current one has quite the spec list from memory!

Awesome! Any more plans for it? Your current one has quite the spec list from memory!

I told myself I would save as I will probably be moving to the mk3 when it comes out depending on how it drives. Although I have just bought some of the carbon fibre bry plates, it's booked in with Russ at MCC, getting the underbonnet mirrors sent there too and getting the stickers all taken off/roof rewrapped. Also tempted to get the carbon fibre under the bonnet replaced/repaired as it is looking a little tired and some of it isn't Streamline stuff (found out recently). Then there are the coilovers, forged engine and Syvecs but it probably doesn't make sense to do that if I am thinking of selling up... or so I keep telling myself 😂

I'm interested to see what Simon can do on Micheals car! What's next for you?

Last edited:
I told myself I would save as I will probably be moving to the mk3 when it comes out depending on how it drives. Although I have just bought some of the carbon fibre bry plates, it's booked in with Russ at MCC, getting the underbonnet mirrors sent there too and getting the stickers all taken off/roof rewrapped. Also tempted to get the carbon fibre under the bonnet replaced/repaired as it is looking a little tired and some of it isn't Streamline stuff (found out recently). Then there are the coilovers, forged engine and Syvecs but it probably doesn't make sense to do that if I am thinking of selling up... or so I keep telling myself 😂

I'm interested to see what Simon can do on Micheals car! What's next for you?

That's a fair list, Syvecs is absolutely hilarious to see/listen to! I'm keeping an eye on that one too, IIRC Simon still holds the record for highest output with Maxwell's old car?

Nothing major for me next really, I want a Triple R splitter to finish off the outside looks wise, then next big-ish thing would be a BBK. Don't really want to start pushing for more power as I don't risking knackered clutches and possibly even forging.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
At your stage Joe reliability and looks are what's important. Your one is about perfect driveability wise. Greg tried to sell his a week after he achieved maximum status with the car and probably realised 100k (slight exaggeration) on a Focus wasn't that clever. Mr Simpson also said he'd never go over 400 brake I think he is still running the Jamsport stuff.

You're thing is perfect blend power wise. I always wanted to sort out the grey plastics inside. I think a company in England retrrimmed one before for someone.

Reactions: JCC
At your stage Joe reliability and looks are what's important. Your one is about perfect driveability wise. Greg tried to sell his a week after he achieved maximum status with the car and probably realised 100k (slight exaggeration) on a Focus wasn't that clever. Mr Simpson also said he'd never go over 400 brake I think he is still running the Jamsport stuff.

You're thing is perfect blend power wise. I always wanted to sort out the grey plastics inside. I think a company in England retrrimmed one before for someone.

I agree I think Stage 4 is just the right number for them to retain driveability/reliablity and without putting too much stress on expensive components. Stage 4+ would be nice, but as I said that risks clutch problems and I would need to spend another grand at least on boost pipes/injectors/spark plugs to get there, money which I'd rather spend on some silly brakes to go behind the silly wheels.

Don't get me wrong mind, if I had deep pockets like some of the owners I could quite easily go nuts as I love this thing. The guy @Homer-Simpson mentioned bought a 670bhp one and is now giving it to Simon for standalone engine management, bigger turbo and other bits, 1000bhp target has been mentioned, LOL!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wow! That's going to be an interesting car!

It's funny because the new one will have the drive train to match some big power. Sadly is doesn't come with that live 5 pot!

I agree I think Stage 4 is just the right number for them to retain driveability/reliablity and without putting too much stress on expensive components. Stage 4+ would be nice, but as I said that risks clutch problems and I would need to spend another grand at least on boost pipes/injectors/spark plugs to get there, money which I'd rather spend on some silly brakes to go behind the silly wheels.

Don't get me wrong mind, if I had deep pockets like some of the owners I could quite easily go nuts as I love this thing. The guy @Homer-Simpson mentioned bought a 670bhp one and is now giving it to Simon for standalone engine management, bigger turbo and other bits, 1000bhp target has been mentioned, LOL!

Hopefully you will have more luck than me, managed to hit a pot hole on the way to the breakfast meet this morning. It's taken out at least 1 wheel and 1 tyre. They were brand new too. Hoping the rear wheel and tyre isn't damaged and all the suspension is ok. Should hear back tomorrow. :cry:

Most expensive breakfast ever and I didn't even get there/eat anything :rage:

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Seen this outside your work today @JCC, Wheels look even better in person. Brave colour choice but it has really worked IMO.

Looks the dugs baws

Hopefully you will have more luck than me, managed to hit a pot hole on the way to the breakfast meet this morning. It's taken out at least 1 wheel and 1 tyre. They were brand new too. Hoping the rear wheel and tyre isn't damaged and all the suspension is ok. Should hear back tomorrow. :cry:

Most expensive breakfast ever and I didn't even get there/eat anything :rage:

That's some s**t luck that! Do you still have standard wheels on yours? Hopefully it won't be too expensive!

Seen this outside your work today @JCC, Wheels look even better in person. Brave colour choice but it has really worked IMO.

Looks the dugs baws

Cheers mate, pics don't capture how well they sit in the arches IMO! How come you were down this way?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Was down at the Dreadnought in Callander getting a brake rebuild then went to get some of Springkerse's finest V-Power LOL!

That's some s**t luck that! Do you still have standard wheels on yours? Hopefully it won't be too expensive!

Nope, I was running the BBS CH-Rs. Had confirmation that 1 wheel is bent and not repairable, expecting a full report tomorrow. Hopefully it was just the one :cry:

Have you seen the news about Poppy? Deano doesn't seem too happy about it.

Was down at the Dreadnought in Callander getting a brake rebuild then went to get some of Springkerse's finest V-Power LOL!

That's one thing I experienced on my run up round there a couple months back, lack of decent fuel! Got to Tesco in Oban and it didn't even have super either, fack!

Nope, I was running the BBS CH-Rs. Had confirmation that 1 wheel is bent and not repairable, expecting a full report tomorrow. Hopefully it was just the one :cry:

Have you seen the news about Poppy? Deano doesn't seem too happy about it.

Christ! CH-Rs are awesome wheels, half the price of these again on top plus a full new set of tyres made them out of my price range though!

Nah I haven't seen it, not been on the forum for a few days actually, what's up with it?

He ended up with cracked liners even though he previously asked for the block mod, it turned out it hadn't been put on the job sheet so was never done. Ford quoted just over 6k for a new engine :astonished:

Devil Developments are rebuilding it at the moment!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
That's one thing I experienced on my run up round there a couple months back, lack of decent fuel! Got to Tesco in Oban and it didn't even have super either, fack!

There are a couple places but it isn't V-power or well advertised. Up Ft William way you have the petrol station at Onich, Pump in the middle does super. In town you have Esso and BP then the other side in Oban you have the garage at Bridge of Awe, They used to do super as did the Esso outside Oban but i couldn't tell you if they still do it.

Pain in the arse though, I might get a normal fuel so i can switch to that when i can't get the good stuff when the Hybrid gets fitted.

He ended up with cracked liners even though he previously asked for the block mod, it turned out it hadn't been put on the job sheet so was never done. Ford quoted just over 6k for a new engine :astonished:

Devil Developments are rebuilding it at the moment!

Just had a hunt through Facebook and found it, that's the first one I've ever heard of happening on an RS! Syvecs will be putting it under a lot more strain I'd expect, the risk of pushing boundaries eh. Don't think I'd be happy with the previous tuner either mind.

Pain in the arse though, I might get a normal fuel so i can switch to that when i can't get the good stuff when the Hybrid gets fitted.

You going hybrid with the Meg aye?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Aye mate, Hybrid/Bigger injectors and ill need to get a decent FMIC. Should see ~360bhp. More than enough and any more would require a forged engine and I'm not willing to spend that much on power as it doesnt need it.

Coilovers/Cage and some proper seats will be getting sorted over the winter as well. Plan on getting a cheap daily and making the Megane more track focused.

Another small update to this, the wheels I have originally come with plain black plastic centre caps which you can put your own badges onto. The previous owner of my wheels had a green Ford emblem on a black gel inlay, like so:

A4E586AE-324F-4D23-98F7-053A799FEA87_zpsobuaab9l.jpg

I've never really been a fan of having OEM manufacturer logos on aftermarket wheels as it looks a bit cheap IMO, so finally got round to getting rid of them. I did consider just plain gold centre caps, but decided against that for now and see how they looked with the JW Racing logo (The company who originally made/supplied these wheels) instead.

Got onto DMB and had them make me up two sets of black inlays, one with the logo in gold and one in green to match the car, as per below:

8C00F1B1-0E1F-4657-BAEB-0FE169E9EE10_zps0lgah3ct.jpg

Decided after offering both up to the wheels to go with the gold however:

AB75ECD9-3F17-4E7D-9FB1-FD1A627B3ECE_zpssuq5ujfo.jpg

Also purchased a Triple R splitter, the modified version they do for the RS which is tighter to the bumper than the standard version, suited more to lowered cars. I have a s**t load of speed bumps in either direction from my house plus a ramp getting in and out of work so I'd probably smash the standard version to pieces within weeks. Couple of Instagram fiddled with pics to show how it looks:

0F424514-38C4-4EE7-902F-D09D102E0367_zpspkaqbvmq.jpg

4BEF1631-4E42-4DC3-AD14-154B363220F0_zpsfmzf6ja8.jpg

That's all for now, pretty much all that I've wanted to do with the car exterior wise is now done. Only thing I'd possibly consider in future is a big brake kit as some 8 pots would look awesome behind the wheels as well as the obvious performance benefits, but that's a long way off.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That was the only thing the car missed really, some nice calipers.

Looks so perfect mate. Splitter is another great addition.

Forgot to add, also purchased a Revo SPS switch for the car, which allows me to swap between high/low/stock performance settings as well as a "Valet" mode which means boost won't kick in at all and the car is limited to 3500 rpm. The main reason I bought it however is for anti theft mode, which means the car will start but won't idle or run along with the accelerator being disabled, unless I turn it back off using the SPS switch again.

That was the only thing the car missed really, some nice calipers.

Looks so perfect mate. Splitter is another great addition.
Cheers bud, was gonna get it over to you again soon to get the winter off it again, if you're up to it!
Would bang.
10/10 wid beng.
Saw an R in a bronze/grey? colour on the motorway last week, never seen one in that colour before, looked mint.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to add, also purchased a Revo SPS switch for the car, which allows me to swap between high/low/stock performance settings as well as a "Valet" mode which means boost won't kick in at all and the car is limited to 3500 rpm. The main reason I bought it however is for anti theft mode, which means the car will start but won't idle or run along with the accelerator being disabled, unless I turn it back off using the SPS switch again.

Cheers bud, was gonna get it over to you again soon to get the winter off it again, if you're up to it!

10/10 wid beng.
Saw an R in a bronze/grey? colour on the motorway last week, never seen one in that colour before, looked mint.
A lovely summer detail! Would be a pleasure mate! You can leave it in valet mode!

A lovely summer detail! Would be a pleasure mate! You can leave it in valet mode!

Aye it's still fairly clean anyway, especially since I drown it in wet coat, just a decontamination and a decent wax for the better weather coming in really!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good Joe, Im not the biggest MK2 FRS fan at the best of times but i love yours. Will need a run out at some point, Both of ours will stand out a bit with our wheel colour choices LOL!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
still not saw it in the flesh with the new wheels.

I notice macrae and dick have 3 white ones sitting out the front, each over 25k! good news for you lol