ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacob's Inferno 225 Cup

Inferno 225 cup
Not the best but the iPhone actually captured the colour.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422828842.295650.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422828884.883849.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
2006 (56) Renaultsport Megane 225 cup.

Spec;

RS tuning stage 2 remap (270 bhp; 300 ftlbs

Manley forged con rods

ARP bolts.

Ktec FMIC

Ktec 2.75' cat back exhaust

Forge actuator & recirculating valve

Samco boost hoses (black)

ITG induction kit with enlarged cosworth filter.

Rstuning 3' decat

630cc injectors need fitting.

Lowered recaro subframe mounts, waiting for custom graphics for the sides.

New tre's.

New twist links and stabilisers.

New tfd steering rack bush.

Goodridge braided brake lines

R26.r headlights

R26 shocks & cooksports springs.

Carbon fibre R26.r spoiler

55w 6000k HID kit

Things todo; replace carbon spoiler for inferno spoiler.

Return mirror caps to inferno.

Full brake setup and refurb of callipers and new disc & pads.

The car now drives effortlessly smooth after changing the twist links and rack bush, everything feels tight and perfect.

The lowered subframes have change the drive of the car, instead of feeling like I'm on the car, I now feel in the car and planted nicely. with the cooksports and new tyres fitted the car feels perfect, the drive is fantastic and back to being fun.

535d / t5 caravelle
That looks lovely! Not usually a fan of this colour, but this looks superb, I like the colour combination tbh, but I'm sure it will look equally awesome colour coded, I see your not shy on spending a few quid on it lol, very nice!

Inferno 225 cup
Temptation.

After numerous pm's and texts to a guy off here, about selling the Megane, I just couldn't do it. Even for a nice 250 :(

I just couldn't bring myself to sell it, I think it's because I've always spent money on them and once finished I've sold.

Not in this case [emoji41]

I'm going through another spending spree which has consisted of the following.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426327236.459321.jpg

@Feirny :)
New buttons will be ordered from Ads @ £50!!!

Stereo. I've gone for this one as its made for the Megane in mind and keeps all functions plus a lot more that can be wired in, also has satnav and gps.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426328537.090796.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426328621.451105.jpg

Brakes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426328628.238159.jpg

Not the ones, I've ordered brand new ones from ads and got myself a second set of rears to be rebuilt and sprayed red.

Also new disc and pass to be fitted along with brake fluid change.

Cars going for mapping next week or so and to have the 630's fitted.

I'm just going to make this a really nice example of a inferno cup. Well there's is only 14 knocking about.

Still waiting to here back from Ady graphics, seems to be taking a while and not replying or taking the piss. So will go to someone else for the seat decals.

Going to poly bush all the mounts with new the power flex range to keep everything tight.

It's taking a while but it will get there :)

Megane r26
Temptation.

After numerous pm's and texts to a guy off here, about selling the Megane, I just couldn't do it. Even for a nice 250 :(

I just couldn't bring myself to sell it, I think it's because I've always spent money on them and once finished I've sold.

Not in this case [emoji41]

I'm going through another spending spree which has consisted of the following.

View attachment 123959
@Feirny :)
New buttons will be ordered from Ads @ £50!!!

Stereo. I've gone for this one as its made for the Megane in mind and keeps all functions plus a lot more that can be wired in, also has satnav and gps. View attachment 123960

View attachment 123961

Brakes

View attachment 123962

Not the ones, I've ordered brand new ones from ads and got myself a second set of rears to be rebuilt and sprayed red.

Also new disc and pass to be fitted along with brake fluid change.

Cars going for mapping next week or so and to have the 630's fitted.

I'm just going to make this a really nice example of a inferno cup. Well there's is only 14 knocking about.

Still waiting to here back from Ady graphics, seems to be taking a while and not replying or taking the piss. So will go to someone else for the seat decals.

Going to poly bush all the mounts with new the power flex range to keep everything tight.

It's taking a while but it will get there :)

Take a read off the latest developments on the powerflex thread I'm RS megane mate.

Martin has had no end of trouble with his and after his trackday today the camber bushes have been moving/adjusting themselves!

Oh what you doing with your old calipers;)

Inferno 225 cup
Collected the steering wheel.
0ece10b61fd943d6a09cae1725861afa.jpg

That will be fitted when I tackle everything else.

Also can any of you guys recommend a good sealant for the calipers? Good durability to keep them protected?

Been taking to a lad feirny introduced me to, about a qauiffe and a custom exhaust; his work is second to none so hopefully and a better system on.:)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
G-Techniq C5 would leave them well protected.

Good haul there [emoji106]

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
No such thing [emoji6]

Judging by this car and your approach you want the best so either will do the job perfectly I'd have thought.

@gally @Scrooge @Lawro and many others are all more in the know than me though, I have rusty calipers :(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm not sure what I'd go for. Itheyre going to get f**king hot, so most coatings won't last terribly long.

My first point of call would be car pro DLux, which is mainly a wheel sealant anyhoo and copes very well with those kind of temps.

Inferno 225 cup
I'm not sure what I'd go for. Itheyre going to get f**king hot, so most coatings won't last terribly long.

My first point of call would be car pro DLux, which is mainly a wheel sealant anyhoo and copes very well with those kind of temps.
Cheers Ant, you was on a rage so didn't tag you.

You banged him yet?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
No worries, the c**t won't answer his phone and I'll be fucked if I'm driving the other side of the water trying to find him. Argh!!

The beg is getting better and better btw!

Inferno 225 cup
Another new addition.

R26 box

17d0f223ca817643879a380ae79bbe6f.jpg

Going for a check over just to be on the safe side, if anything needs replacing I've told the guy to do so.

Brembo's are being protected with exov2, 2 layers should do it.

Exhaust, K-tec exhaust is going and I'm having a custom 3' system with tips that angle up like samimi's
ed3922b8d08ff8dffeb192b6d407095d.jpg

When everything is all ready and fitted it will be proper clean example of a cup :)

So to summarise.

Rebuilt r26 gearbox and lsd fluid.
New brembo's calipers with rbf600 fluid along with new brembo's disc and ds1.11 pads.
New rear discs and brembo pads.
New steering wheel.

Then onto the spring detail once all fitted.

Cannae wait. :)

Inferno 225 cup
Like a muppets I missed off about my trip to rstuning last week.

The car mapped 277bhp -325lbft, not that all impressed tbh wanted more so a 250 turbo will definitely let me see 320-350.

Any whose, sealed 1 calliper as I had s bit of time [emoji50] it took me 45 minutes to wipe down with isopropanol, then used applicator and cotton bud to apply exov2, going to give both 2 coats of it.

9f122389ae570e46717efc9146a3a482.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
Treated to some new oils and plugs, think I need to give the spending a break @ .Stevo.c.

c07b9edfcd6627746ca4d64adb49d337.jpg

Mapping graph.
813a37c252fd24ef2f1c48c6cb7ab45b.jpg

2dbfeda1c74a80ee9da9970572f4f230.jpg

Also I talks with buying a hybrid 19t turbo [emoji51] eeeek.

535d / t5 caravelle
This is turning out to be a lovely nice speced motor indeed! Very nice! Without looking back through the thread, Is it forged? Or going to be?

535d / t5 caravelle
Cool! Will have to read through again, will go like the clappers with that kind of power! :up:

Inferno 225 cup
Well seen as I had a massive pile of parts gathering and Us Going away for a week, I thought I'd leave it in the capable hands of Mark black at his new unit.

Such a nice unit he's got.

Well here's the work carried out.

Service: change oil and plugs to millers nano drive and new ngk plugs.
8d6b55bab5d9276032f3fcb0e43653f8.jpg

Fit all my powerflex engine mounts.

322f28d01d2e857d782b0e0788605421.jpg
not a great pic.

Swap washer bottle for brand new one.

New h/c dics with ds2500 and rbf600 fluid. Along with brand new brembo's [emoji41]

ed272b227c3e967a726e37e364d843aa.jpg

Saweeeeet.
They've been mega sealed lol.

Mark kept me up to date on the process of it all, he even changed the plugs I bought as they was wrong [emoji36]

Such a great service and the car drives spot on, everything feels nice and tight again feel so much smother.

Bought some more parts to be shot lasted and either sprayed or powder coated.
4cbc6d346ed5c74ff1adabbffa484d6e.jpg

Plus a boost pipe, may as well make everything look clean hadn't i [emoji3].

Once all them bits are back I'm going to spray the rocker cover silver with high temp paint, I'm still undecided on the colour for the above parts, maybe keep it clean fresh with silver?

Next.

Been messaging MJ about his 16t hybrid, we agreed a price and he kindly dropped it off for me last night.
71b756fa40868531a087a02b831a0498.jpg

As I''m a little ocd about parts and not knowing much about turbos, just for ease of mind I dropped it off at midland turbos in Notringham, such a great service, rang them at 2 and told me to pop it in to them and have a nose over it and talk about what needs doing.

The oil inlet/outlets had been helicoiled and looked pretty weak so they're sourcing me a new or refurbished unit to replace it, not big deal rather it be 100% and guaranteed then fit it blind and find problems.

They're also going to changes seals which don't really need doing but he's said they'd that and the bearings for free, along with machines the blades a little for less back pressure which I think increases the flow through the turbine for less back pressure. Everything else is spot on and the machining on the turbo was perfect and smooth.

Also told me that if I wanted more scope for power they'd make a 20t for £430 which isn't too bad. [emoji16]

Once most of the above is finished and turbo is fitted/mapped I think that's it power wise and just concentrate on the bodywork, although there isn't much to do, doesn't stop me from doing it lol.

Little pic after I cleaned it, proper love the colour.

dc3797771d748cecd9c5420cd10c2b6d.jpg

Engine inspiration is because of Matt eaton and his ocdness/ which isn't cheap [emoji106][emoji23]