ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacob's Inferno 225 Cup

Inferno 225 cup
Very nice car mate. Tempted by a megane myself
Seen your post mate.

This is my 3rd which you probably know lol.

They're great cars mate, a few niggles bit get a well looked after one and your well away.

After having the brows done, and mounts it feels great. Not shy on power too.

Get one.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think that's the trouble mate, finding a well looked after one. Both of my clios are spot on (touches wood). Sorted the slight misfire on the cup and it idles spot on from cold. I expect if something nice came up I'd be tempted.

Anyway I digress. Keep up the good work :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I love this mate, its going to be even more epic than it is already. :cool::up::cool::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
In bits. 😂

Waiting on a 3" de-cat pipe to be made then its off for mapping. Had to replace the fuel pump, 3 pot boost solenoid, K&N panel filter, fuel filter and cooler NGK plugs and a few other bits.

Inferno 225 cup
In bits. 😂

Waiting on a 3" de-cat pipe to be made then its off for mapping. Had to replace the fuel pump, 3 pot boost solenoid, K&N panel filter, fuel filter and cooler NGK plugs and a few other bits.
You're handy with a spanner. I am not. :(

It's a good spec mate.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Wish our mechanic in work was handy with a spanner. Did the leads and plugs on my car and managed to cut the inlet pipe so it was idling at just under 2k lol.

Inferno 225 cup
Just picked the 16t back up from midland turbos, they've been extremely quick And mega helpful and done a fantastic job.

fce576177b11c3de4c36720cdbd45cce.jpg

bfad09a21e320c43c616890bf740b130.jpg

2649ccbb465336d08661a6b70e1ea7d4.jpg

36d4b0b2150c8b62368dd588a2a56133.jpg

8ddfdcb8152cf20b1a760361cd487109.jpg

Powwwwahhhh

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Right tailpipes dribbled a bit there.

Does it feel solid with that kind of power or more raw on the edge?

Inferno 225 cup
Evo triangle

So filled up this morning at 07:00am with v-power and by half 2 I was running low.

Met @notnormaldan and Steve at etwall services, then @steburns joined us further along, along with a guy in a 265 Megane.

We all drove to the ponderosa cafe had some brekkie and got on with finding the triangle.

0a587a27974748040b6b44981e3d67e2.jpg

3c1dcc787cb1a5b652ba09bd57ca8d02.jpg

0f866afb74d449c5becff58f513f681c.jpg

Such a great run out.

But today I properly found out what my Megane was capable of, bearing in mind that I have no lsd and vredestein ultrac sessanta tyres.

My god it shifted, a little nervous and getting used to the new brake set up / still bedding the pads in and used the roads, soon as everything warmed up the Megane was faultless. I even turned traction control off (badmanz) and let it have it, the car just soaked up the roads at crazy speeds and never twitched, felt a little slide in some sweeping corners due to no lsd but I've not got a bad word about it.

Just drove and really enjoyed it.

Need to push harder next time and get @Gray holding on to the s**t rail.

036ea2d62213779202a8236f06755382.jpg

RB Clio 182
Are you running standard internals mate?

I'm running 225 pistons and I hear they're not very safe for much over 300hp depending on the mapper also.

I think the 1*2 rods are the same as the meg rods too although I may be wrong, this is why scoff kept the torque relatively low on my 182 turbo.

Megane r26

I'm running 225 pistons and I hear they're not very safe for much over 300hp depending on the mapper also.

I think the 1*2 rods are the same as the meg rods too although I may be wrong, this is why scoff kept the torque relatively low on my 182 turbo.

Jacobs running forged rods iirc

340i

The *safe* limit people run the Megane internals to is 300hp / 320ft.lb... But this is always a gamble, I've known standard cars throw a rod or crack a ring land.

The rods are practically the same, yep... so they will bend if you push them :smile:

Jacob has Manley conrods fitted, with standard pistons, so it should cope with the extra torque.

RB Clio 182
The *safe* limit people run the Megane internals to is 300hp / 320ft.lb... But this is always a gamble, I've known standard cars throw a rod or crack a ring land.

The rods are practically the same, yep... so they will bend if you push them :smile:

Jacob has Manley conrods fitted, with standard pistons, so it should cope with the extra torque.

Thanks for that :)

My rods should be quite safe then as im only running 250ftlb.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like you had a good day, brilliant roads around there too. The cattle grid always catches me out on the Evo Triangle though lol.

Inferno 225 cup
Not much of an update.

Drove it a little, thought about selling then drove it a little more.

I think I'm ready for something else[emoji53]

Inferno 225 cup
Looks great Jacob, but I didn't realise till the other day that the seats were blue! :tongueclosed:
Thought about changing them but they've been in the car since being built and look brand new still so kept them in.

Going to put it up for sale shortly I think.

Inferno 225 cup
2006 (56) Renaultsport Megane 225 cup.

Spec;

RS tuning stage 2 remap (287 bhp; 325 ftlbs

Manley forged con rods

ARP bolts.

Ktec FMIC

Ktec 2.75' cat back exhaust

Forge actuator & recirculating valve

Samco boost hoses (black)

ITG induction kit with enlarged cosworth filter.

Rstuning 3' decat

630cc injectors need fitting.

Lowered recaro subframe mounts, waiting for custom graphics for the sides.

New tre's.

New twist links and stabilisers.

New tfd steering rack bush.

Goodridge braided brake lines

R26.r headlights

R26 shocks & cooksports springs.

Carbon fibre R26.r spoiler

55w 6000k HID kit

Alacantara A pillars

Brand new red brembo calipers, with hc disc and ds2500 pass along with rbf600 brake fluid.

Fully powerflex polybushed engine / gearbox mounts.

Serviced last month with millers nano drive oil and new spark plugs.

New windscreen start of August.

Sat nav Gps and DVD player

The car now drives effortlessly smooth after changing the twist links and rack bush, everything feels tight and perfect.

I've looked after this car and it's been well looked after before me.

Looking for £5600