ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is rs tuner good or remap better? Where can I get a rs tuner

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Plenty of threads on this.

Best = live remap - RS Tuning, Tour-de-Force

Cheapest = Generic map - RS Tuner. Second hand in the sales section or new from Fastchip.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Someone should just charge to flash the RS tuner on in the UK. I just want to pay someone to do it..haha

LY R26 #288
I know JMS charged nearly 200 quid to put the overrun map on, it only takes about 30 mins to do as well :p

Z4
Is it really worth it?
I've always found the lack of torque low down frustrating, does it make a noticeable difference? My idol is a little bit spluttery with the decat too, I'm guessing it would help?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Is it really worth it?
I've always found the lack of torque low down frustrating, does it make a noticeable difference? My idol is a little bit spluttery with the decat too, I'm guessing it would help?

IMO yes. Better better cold start /idle, a bit more low down torque and the raised rev limiter is handy for track work.

Titanium 182
It smooths out the torque curve massively imo. Probably not a lot more powerful, but in gear speed and acceleration seems noticeably improved. I can't find any flat spots in the rev range now I've done the RSTuner map either.

Overall it's the best thing I've done to mine. My RSTuner module is also for sale now along with the 182 98ron map on disk (there's a few others, one for the 172 I think?):)

LY R26 #288
I went overrun map>performance map>standard map. Lol think I prefer it standard.

The only thing I hate is the cold starts.

Clio 172 RS2
RS Tuner hands down w. basic engine.

and what Fletcher says.: "IMO yes. Better better cold start /idle, a bit more low down torque and the raised rev limiter is handy for track work."

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
What do you class as basic mods mate. Im undecided weather to get rstuner or live map aswell.

Same here I have a few mods, Yozza catback + Decat, and an ITG Maxogen, would these count as basic mods, what type of map is best for me? Also don't have a windows pc so can't use an RS Tuner myself

Ph1 T
Well in my case

ITG Maxogen IK
K-tec stealth
Decat

The RS tuner works seems to work very well with my mods.

Okay I've got yozza,decat and Itg filter pretty much it.. Would the gains from the rs tuner be same as a live map