ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it worth paying up to be a member

Mk5 golf gti
of course you will say yes but i want sum persuasion :p
what do you get in the member pack
and is everybody on here a keyboard warrior
:D

No. However posting threads without searching first, on questions that have already been answered 30000 times, and in the wrong section is bound to annoy a few people.

GR7

Shiny red R32
of course you will say yes but i want sum persuasion :p
what do you get in the member pack
Well I'll be honest and say it's not worth sending out "the pack" and better to reduce the membership to £5 and forget the folder... especially if some of us only post messages on here and don't go to the meets or whatever the 'benefits' are supposed to be from joining and paying £10 a year!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yup, deffinately worth it, especially when you consider what you get - Membership pack, access to discounts for loads of decent suppliers, and a wealth of clio knowledge 'money can't buy'.

Golf GT TDI
Yup, deffinately worth it, especially when you consider what you get - Membership pack, access to discounts for loads of decent suppliers, and a wealth of clio knowledge 'money can't buy'.

this is true.

especialy when you need a problem fixed

worth it for the discounts alone, never mind the guides that only the special people have access too.

for how ever much it is, its not worth thinking about.

been the best forum for useful (and useless) information i think ive used.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Well I'll be honest and say it's not worth sending out "the pack" and better to reduce the membership to £5 and forget the folder... especially if some of us only post messages on here and don't go to the meets or whatever the 'benefits' are supposed to be from joining and paying £10 a year!

When it was £5, almost everyone was complaining they didn't 'get' anything and wanted 'something'.
So now we have membership welcome and renewal packs, on the whole these are well received. But you can't please everyone, that's impossible.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Maybe you'd be better off on a R32 Forum??

This is a Clio Club. For Clio Enthusiasts. Remember? Ergo we like the discounts/advice/discussions/ideas on offer and £10 is very very cheap for what you get. The Welcome pack is just an added bonus imo.

GR7

Shiny red R32
When it was £5, almost everyone was complaining they didn't 'get' anything and wanted 'something'.
So now we have membership welcome and renewal packs, on the whole these are well received. But you can't please everyone, that's impossible.
So why don't you have two levels of membership........ £10 for Clio owners who want any information on how to do things to their cars and gain dealer discount....... and a £5 membership where us non-Clio owners join and don't need a folder with bits of paper, stickers, unwanted Renault discount and info on how to do Clio stuff? I for one don't have a Clio any more so all I want to do is to irritate a few people on here by posting messages now and again!!! ;) :rasp:
Maybe you'd be better off on a R32 Forum??

This is a Clio Club. For Clio Enthusiasts. Remember? Ergo we like the discounts/advice/discussions/ideas on offer and £10 is very very cheap for what you get. The Welcome pack is just an added bonus imo.

Edit:: I am a member of the R32 forum and have been since just before I got my car! I think you only need a 'welcome' pack when you first join Cliosport and I joined in 2001 when I was welcome on here and it cost £2 to join! ;)

Last edited:
  Golf GT TDI
plus clios break alot... which means they need to be fixed alot...... which means you need the guides and info/help from other people

so just pay up tight arse :rasp:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
So why don't you have two levels of membership........ £10 for Clio owners who want any information on how to do things to their cars and gain dealer discount....... and a £5 membership where us non-Clio owners join and don't need a folder with bits of paper, stickers, unwanted Renault discount and info on how to do Clio stuff? I for one don't have a Clio any more so all I want to do is to irritate a few people on here by posting messages now and again!!! ;) :rasp:

That's what you'd be happy with for a fiver.
Then joe bloggs will come along and want access to guides etc. included in his fiver.
Then billy bloggs will want access to discounts aswell.
It could go on forever. The way it is now, is simple:
User - £FREE
Member - £10 Includes a pack, but if you don't want or have use for it, we won't send it out and the extra money goes back into running the club.

Mk5 golf gti
No. However posting threads without searching first, on questions that have already been answered 30000 times, and in the wrong section is bound to annoy a few people.

haha i kno this
but i wanted a fresh opinion
pplus something to start a convo
so there :p
as for bein a tight arse....im a student......its part of the requirements

GR7

Shiny red R32
That's what you'd be happy with for a fiver.
Then joe bloggs will come along and want access to guides etc. included in his fiver.
Then billy bloggs will want access to discounts aswell.
It could go on forever. The way it is now, is simple:
User - £FREE
Member - £10 Includes a pack, but if you don't want or have use for it, we won't send it out and the extra money goes back into running the club.
Can you post any messages as a 'user'? I don't need your discount list as I don't have a Renault - a good friend of ours owns the garage I use, they give me discount and I make them all nice cakes! :approve:

Clio
Yes.
phone191-1.gif

Clio 172 RS2
^^^ funbags of Emily Hoppe? LOL

I see two plus points!

CS discount doesn't count in Holland, as is the taxdisk holder.
I paid anyway for membership!

Mk5 golf gti
No, in general chat you do, but you'll only get 5 posts a day;)

Have you got a girlfriend? just curious or a sister?

lool at the or a sister
i have a gf in the week but im single at weekends
lol
why 5 posts a day :S so your allowed to post 5 posts with pics a day do you mean

access to discounts for loads of decent suppliers, and a wealth of clio knowledge 'money can't buy'.

This sums it up for me, and I no longer have a Renault. Still a member for when I change tyres/brakes/oil/consumables, needing to speak to local garages and the rest of the knowledge shown on this forum in terms of technology.

It also doubles as Google for most people ;)

ibiza cupra
well worth it. i saved near on a grand on my insurance through a company that i wouldnt have come across hadnt it have been for cs

Monaco 53/468
It's only a tenner you tight arse! Get it paid!! :rasp:

Students are the most flush fcukers in know (in my experience!), so I refer to Cal182's post - pay up tight arse!

Forum full of knowledge, banter, Turini's, Silvervisions, Cup Spoilers and pics of Gawd Damn Scene/Emo/Sexy be'atches!!

Get it done before you start squeaking when you walk