ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My screens have never scratched, but the protectors usually do within days.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This protector has been on 6 months and has no scracthes. It depends how you take care of your phone.

I swear people use their phones as hammers. Oh and the glass does scratch, my work colleagues is in poor condition, and his has an outer case that has ruined the side bezels.

dk

911 GTS Cab
This protector has been on 6 months and has no scracthes. It depends how you take care of your phone.

I swear people use their phones as hammers. Oh and the glass does scratch, my work colleagues is in poor condition, and his has an outer case that has ruined the side bezels.
If you take good care of your phone, then why do you need a screen protector?

I've never used one and have never had a scratched screen.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay great so it's thinner, but do we really need that? What I hate design wise is the black (or white) horizontal lines on the rear, horrible. Still getting one though :p

An orange one
I had a screen protector on my 5 for about 2 days. It felt horrible I think it was a zagg invisishield, horrible thing.

Unfortunately any time I use my phone at work or for work related things, my hands are usually either covered in mud or dust etc. A naked iphone doesn't stand a chance. I actually love the genuine apple case, really good fit and doesn't scratch the phone like most cases do.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think I might switch from EE to 3 when it comes out, the unlimited data is very appealing! Just need to see the difference in speed/coverage for Milton Keynes

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
If you take good care of your phone, then why do you need a screen protector?

I've never used one and have never had a scratched screen.

In that case I'll not bother with car, house or holiday insurance.

DB.

BMW 440i
In that case I'll not bother with car, house or holiday insurance.

Car insurance is a legal requirement, but I agree with your point. I have one as a precaution despite taking care as I have had an accident in the past with an old iPhone.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Car insurance is a legal requirement, but I agree with your point. I have one as a precaution despite taking care as I have had an accident in the past with an old iPhone.

lol good point, I should have suggested 3rd party rather than no insurance at all.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Bad analogy, phone insurance is the equivalent to house and car insurance.

we are talking about car bras in case you get stone chips, I know people are a fan of those on here....

Dude, you went full r****d. If you take care of your phone to the extent that the plastic film has no scratches, do you think gorilla glass would be suffering? People who take care of their phones don't need screen protectors.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have seen scratched screens though. I'm not saying the guy doesn't abuse his. I'd just rather not risk it.

I would say, if I noticed it or it didn't feel nice to use I wouldn't use it. It feels exactly the same as the normal glass. If anything the glass fingerprints easier and doesn't slide as freely.

dk

911 GTS Cab
And surely as you change your phone every year or 18 months, does it really matter if there are a couple of tiny scratches, it's just a phone.

You're more likely to lose it, have it stolen or drop it down the toilet than you are to scratch the glass.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I love the new design myself but I can't understand for the life of me why the designers left the camera protruding from the back case.

0ba6f05729fc4200e48f5c6dafade87b.jpg

68f620b00bf9750eb57701d9741ef4c8.jpg

320d M Sport
That's the finished product. Camera protruding for a few reasons, I think they wanted it thinner but also wanted a better quality camera... Couldn't have everything.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Any camera better than the 5 is borderline overkill for a phone, I find the camera great on my 5. That being said I'm still buying the 6 regardless, lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've been rocking a camera protruding like that on my Nexus 5 for a while now, it makes perfect sense if you use a case as the lens isn't sat 2-3mm deep in a recess. Even without a case the lens is hardly noticeable.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Any camera better than the 5 is borderline overkill for a phone, I find the camera great on my 5. That being said I'm still buying the 6 regardless, lol.

In comparison to anything of the same age it's crap.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
In comparison to anything of the same age it's crap.

Lol. A 2012 phone with an 8MP camera that shoots in 1080p is crap? From memory the only phone to be leagues ahead at the time was the Nokia 808 which had a ridiculous camera. 40 odd MP from memory. To put that in perspective my Canon 70D has 20MP.

For a phone camera it is great, I fail to see how you would need something better. In my opinion.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. A 2012 phone with an 8MP camera that shoots in 1080p is crap? From memory the only phone to be leagues ahead at the time was the Nokia 808 which had a ridiculous camera. 40 odd MP from memory. To put that in perspective my Canon 70D has 20MP.

For a phone camera it is great, I fail to see how you would need something better. In my opinion.

Have you seen the pictures from even a Samsung S4? They piss over the top of my ones. A good camera imo is now still important and i'm looking forward to my next phone have a nice one for stills.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Megapixels mean about as much as 0-60 times.

I'll be extremely surprised if we see a protruding camera lens on the new iPhone.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Bad analogy, phone insurance is the equivalent to house and car insurance.

we are talking about car bras in case you get stone chips, I know people are a fan of those on here....

It's not a bad analogy at all. People purchase insurance to protect their assets, people buy screen protectors to protect their assets.

SQ5
It's not a bad analogy at all. People purchase insurance to protect their assets, people buy screen protectors to protect their assets.

Is that not an even worse analogy?

So your saying it's like putting a bonnet bra on a car to protect the whole thing in an accident?

If your phone gets water damaged in a puddle the screen protector won't bring it back but insurance will.

First iPhone I'm honestly not going to buy Im bit disappointed with the design Steve jobs would never of let the camera lens be like that design was always key

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Is that not an even worse analogy?

So your saying it's like putting a bonnet bra on a car to protect the whole thing in an accident?

If your phone gets water damaged in a puddle the screen protector won't bring it back but insurance will.

Where did I mention bonnet bra's or go into the finer details associated with insurance polices/cover?

My point wasn't in relation to the extent of cover but rather the fact that insurance, like a screen protector, is bought to protect ones asset.

Surely that's not too difficult to understand?

SQ5
Where did I mention bonnet bra's or go into the finer details associated with insurance polices/cover?

My point wasn't in relation to the extent of cover but rather the fact that insurance, like a screen protector, is bought to protect ones asset.

Surely that's not too difficult to understand?

A bonnet bra would be an additional part to protect one other part like a screen protector.

Insurance protects the whole thing.

But I would imagine most people with screen protectors have never gone "naked" too, so haven't give it a go. The 4 glass is different to 5 so is scratch proof to a higher limit.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
A bonnet bra would be an additional part to protect one other part like a screen protector.

Insurance protects the whole thing.

But I would imagine most people with screen protectors have never gone "naked" too, so haven't give it a go. The 4 glass is different to 5 so is scratch proof to a higher limit.

Factually not true, depends on the policy. For example some insurances won't cover cosmetic damage, others won't cover accidental damage or loss.

Anyway...I've seen plenty of scratched iPhone's. All you need to do is accidentally put your phone in your pocket with your keys or loose change and it's game over.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Have you seen the pictures from even a Samsung S4? They piss over the top of my ones. A good camera imo is now still important and i'm looking forward to my next phone have a nice one for stills.
i disagree, I've got a samsung S4 and an iPhone 5 and the iPhone pics are consistently better than the samsung pics, my iPhone produces such good photos that i don't even bother taking a camera anywhere now unless I'm going to be shooting somehitng special, but its as good as my sony P&S was, also seems to be better than my iPad air too.

The samsung seems slow to take pics, and also seems to not take the pic when you press the button, and even though its looks good on screen, you then go back to it and its all blurred, really don't think much of it at all.

SQ5
Factually not true, depends on the policy. For example some insurances won't cover cosmetic damage, others won't cover accidental damage or loss.

Anyway...I've seen plenty of scratched iPhone's. All you need to do is accidentally put your phone in your pocket with your keys or loose change and it's game over.

Mine sees my pocket daily with screws, it's fine!