ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

There was also a time when a harmless bit of banter wouldn't be censored, but such is the way of things these days.

I'm really looking forward to the iPhone 6. I just hope it has unnatural battery life and doesn't look like a phone.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
lmao perma ban maybe a bit harsh! Not a fan of the daily fail either but thought the pic was interesting :)

Thats why he's not a god anymore! :rasp:

I agree. Seems similar to lots of other leaked photos which suggests it will look like that.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Gosh, this thing look awful :(

iphone6assembled_story.jpg

iphone6assembled4_story.jpg

phone6assembledside_story.jpg

1_iphone6assembled_story.jpg

macgpic-1408641027-99182009975724-sc-op.0.jpg

I don't mean properly 'awful' but imo it looks like a step back from the iPhone 5S. I really hate rounded phones (I often stand mine on it's side) and protruding cameras seems like a silly idea.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I couldn't agree more to be honest, I take any pictures before release with a pinch of salt though. Next week I should be getting a Windows phone for work, it'll be interesting to see how it fairs as I'm thinking I'm more likely than ever to break my trend of iPhone.

I think it looks pretty good, tbh I think the design peaked on the 4/4s with the Ali surround chunkiness, 5/5s isn't great IMO Hope it wears better than my 5, it's worn through to silver on a couple of the sharp edges.

320d M Sport
My 5 really hasn't stood the test of time. That chamfered edge they made a big deal about looks worn as hell now. My missis' 5C feels loads better to hold so I'd welcome the rounded edge I think.

An orange one
I so agree that visually at least it's a step backwards.

My gold 5S looks factory fresh a year in, it's been in a leather apple case since day one though and the case has taken the brunt of the abuse.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I so agree that visually at least it's a step backwards.

My gold 5S looks factory fresh a year in, it's been in a leather apple case since day one though and the case has taken the brunt of the abuse.

Never understood why people spend so much on phones then cover them up! Weird!!!

I've had an new iPhone on launch day for the past 4 phones, never had a case and never broken a screen.

Never understood why people spend so much on phones then cover them up! Weird!!!

I've had an new iPhone on launch day for the past 4 phones, never had a case and never broken a screen.

Because not everyone works at a desk? Try being an engineer in a factory on breakdowns you soon get plenty of scratches and dents.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I keep my phone in the same pocket as my change so i keep mine in a cover. The top edge is the only part that has a few marks.

An orange one
I roll'd naked with my 5 and after 3 months of usage around the farm it was more silver than black.

I occasionally take this one out of the cover if im
off work etc.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I roll'd naked with my 5 and after 3 months of usage around the farm it was more silver than black.

off work etc.

Do you not have pro nav? Do you have to take it out of case every time you get in the car?

An orange one
I have pro nav and enhanced Bluetooth; I always just connect using apple lightning cable in the armrest..

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I have pro nav and enhanced Bluetooth; I always just connect using apple lightning cable in the armrest..

Need to get some tips from you. I also will have pro nav with Enhanced Bluetooth. just over 8 days!! Cant believe I ordered 3 months ago.

Monaro VXR

off work etc.

Mine hasn't been in a case and is a launch day 5. Goes in my jeans with everything else. Got a couple marks but nothing major compared to most I have seen on ebay etc. Only iPhone I had issues with was my 3G where the plastic back cracked.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I preferred the aluminium style.

At lease it'll hold up better to chips and scratches. Most 5's look like s**t after 6 months of use.

SQ5
My 5 has been in a case it's whole life and the sides are still fucked! Might polish them up and sell on next month!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm on my third iPhone now and have never had a case, all have ended their lives in mint condition :) bit of care is all it takes.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Never used a case with any phone. Front and back screen protectors only.

dk

911 GTS Cab
never used a screen protector, can't see the point, its like buying a new car and wrapping it in cling film to stop the paint from being damaged, surely you want to enjoy the phone as it was meant to be, not run the amazing screen quality with a cheap piece of sticky plastic.

or it like sex with a a condom, its safer, but nicer without......

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
never used a screen protector, can't see the point, its like buying a new car and wrapping it in cling film to stop the paint from being damaged, surely you want to enjoy the phone as it was meant to be, not run the amazing screen quality with a cheap piece of sticky plastic.

or it like sex with a a condom, its safer, but nicer without......
Lol, like you'd know!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't even know my protectors are on. I've used with and without and there is zero difference. Also being White you would never see the edges either.

Weirdos.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My ones aren't scratched. Granted I take good care of my stuff b

Then again i'm not a mental who puts nails and keys in beside their iPhone.

SQ5
My ones aren't scratched. Granted I take good care of my stuff b

Then again i'm not a mental who puts nails and keys in beside their iPhone.

I've had nails add screws in with mine and have always been fine. Glass is tougher than the protector.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
If your screen protector gets scratched then it can be easily replaced, a screen can't.

It's no rocket science FFS.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If your screen protector gets scratched then it can be easily replaced, a screen can't.

It's no rocket science FFS.

This! I keep my 5S in a case with screen protecter on front. Granted the screen protecter is scratched up a bit, but it's simple to peel off and replace with another.

I don't think it affects picture quality or feel of the touch screen either? Strange

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You might notice it on a black/slate one but not white.

SQ5
Exactly, you'd need to pressing a knife or screwdriver into it hard to be able to scratch it.

Isn't it gorilla glass on the 5's?