ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

Few annoying things on the 4S. All my emails are now unread and when I mark all as read they come back again. Have 15 updates and when I go to the store to update they appear briefly then go and say no updates.

Hate re the way you change between safari pages now. Much preferred the old side ways look.

Otherwise its ok.

Focus ST-3
Faultless on my iPad 4 and Iphone 5. I'm loving it too.

The only thing have noticed is I have lost my 'Arsenal' calendar of all the fixtures and when re-downloading it I still don't get it...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Installed on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 now, not that impressed tbh, think it looked better before, all the colours etc seem more child like to me and not as established.

Lol. My first reaction when it came up? It looks a bit 'Androidy'! ;)

Android might be able to configure the wi-fi adapters on Samsungs to manipulate an ironing board and fly to the Moon - or a billion-and-one other 'features'. But for aesthetics and the total polished look of iOS - Apple has it in the bag. And I'm faaaaaaaar from being a Bitten Fruit fanboi.

D.

Goliath I
Any day now....
ybeja8e3.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Faultless install here on iPad and iPhone5. I did wait until after midnight. I like it, previous version was a bit more clinical but it's more vibrant now. Bit of a facelift.

Anyone have a list of cool new features that i'll never find?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Some of the features are cool and the battery life seems to have improved. Visually however, it's all a bit childlike for me. Not a huge fan but I'm sure it wil grow on me.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
One of the best new features I've found, which doesn't seem to be documented anywhere, is that you can hold down the camera button and it takes photos so fast. I then flick through and find the best one, delete the rest. Its awesome for taking photos of my 8 month old and capturing a moment that would have otherwise been blurry. Sure this wasn't available or at least, not as quick in ios6?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Can you post a screenshot of the problem with backgrounds?

Its not a problem, basically the panel behind the dock is a frosted transparency. If you choose a s**t wallpaper it sort of bleeds into a single colour.
The entire OS is sort of dictated by the home screen background, hard to explain but the more colours the better.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
In some way or other, it looks dreadful with all of the backgrounds I've tried.

It either looks like a retarded 4 year olds wet dream in bright pastel colours, or has a s**t dark bar at the bottom in dark colours.

null_zps7ba33021.gif

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
It doesn't bother me but i now understand what people hoing on about. I thought it was an actual glitch

Megane 225 F1
Any one figure out or know if it's possible to change the sat nav voice?

Used it twice now over the last week and it's very hard to understand. Almost sounds like the guy has a gag in his mouth as he's speaking.

Tried to download it, it turned my phone off half way through, and now my phone is broke :(. Won't turn back on, just sits on the apple logo not doing a great deal.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That block thing is a massive massive thing now. Been moaned about for years. Mostly for random call centre numbers etc.

SQ5
Doesn't look like anybody's noticed the "floating" icons yet.

Tilt your iPhone or iPad on home screen and the background will move accordingly giving the impression of the icons floating!

Flamer
Doesn't look like anybody's noticed the "floating" icons yet.

Tilt your iPhone or iPad on home screen and the background will move accordingly giving the impression of the icons floating!
I noticed this, noticing lots of little things as I go! Pretty neat.

Z4
I like the functionality, but aesthetically it's like a fisher price toy. I'm almost patronised by the simplicity of the icons.

Has anyone else noticed that Siri now sounds like he's wearing a gimp mask? My missus heard it and shouted 'Brian bedonde!'

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I like the functionality, but aesthetically it's like a fisher price toy. I'm almost patronised by the simplicity of the icons.

Has anyone else noticed that Siri now sounds like he's wearing a gimp mask? My missus heard it and shouted 'Brian bedonde!'

Yes lol, same with the sat nav man lol.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
The home screen is weird in regards to the way the picture/apps move as you move the phone about.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just updated on the ipad, not a big fan yet tbh. It'll probably grow on me but its ruined my wallpaper size and it seems more messy to me.