ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

Mercedes
If you’re having problems updating your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iOS 5, you’re not alone. We’re getting reports across the board that many are having issues updating to the latest version of Apple’s iOS software, released today.
The issues seem to center around the point at which iTunes contacts Apple’s servers to verify and activate the update process. The issues are likely due to the fact that Apple’s servers are slammed and are only handling ‘half’ of the requests. This information comes via Jay Freeman, AKA Saurik, an iPhone jailbreaker and the creator of the Cydia app store for jailbroken iPhones.
To anyone getting “An internal error occurred.” (3200) while installing iOS 5.0, Apple’s servers are swamped, and failing half the requests.
A 3200, or “internal error”, message is being given to those attempting to update their devices and many are reporting success after trying the update process 5 or even 10 times.

The long and short of it is that the demand for iOS 5 is off the charts right now, so being patient is your best option. There’s nothing you can do on your end so have a cup of coffee and wait out the rush.

I've got mine up and running now, must be one of the lucky ones I guess.

Updating from the GM version was a pain in the ass though.

I installed the GM build a few days ago because I had a feeling this might happen. There are millions trying to update right now. My girlfriends phone on the other hand nearly had me in the ultimate nerd-rage trying to update it. I tried to get her to update to the GM build yesterday too, I warned her and now she has a unusable phone.

And guess who has to fix it?

Will it just not boot?

If so I'd try putting it in DFU mode (Google it) downloading the iOS 5 Final IPSW (Google that too) and restore it.

f**k off.
phoneynotworky2.png

I'm having the same internal error without any code, tried many, many times without any solution, i got this error sometimes before but it was because my hosts file was pointing apple server to cydia....
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com (take out any line with apple refer in the hosts file)

I checked and its not my problem for now, but can be yours....

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Done my update, it backed up (took feckin ages)

Restarted itself with the latest restore which it said was taken earlier today.

When it's come on in IOS5 it's got no apps etc. on that I installed and iTunes is saying my last backup on this computer was back in JULY? WTF??!?!!

Anyone else's fubared?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Done my update, it backed up (took feckin ages)

Restarted itself with the latest restore which it said was taken earlier today.

When it's come on in IOS5 it's got no apps etc. on that I installed and iTunes is saying my last backup on this computer was back in JULY? WTF??!?!!

Anyone else's fubared?

yup.

mine is doing all sorts of stupid s**t

If you’re having problems updating your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iOS 5, you’re not alone. We’re getting reports across the board that many are having issues updating to the latest version of Apple’s iOS software, released today.
The issues seem to center around the point at which iTunes contacts Apple’s servers to verify and activate the update process. The issues are likely due to the fact that Apple’s servers are slammed and are only handling ‘half’ of the requests. This information comes via Jay Freeman, AKA Saurik, an iPhone jailbreaker and the creator of the Cydia app store for jailbroken iPhones.
To anyone getting “An internal error occurred.” (3200) while installing iOS 5.0, Apple’s servers are swamped, and failing half the requests.
A 3200, or “internal error”, message is being given to those attempting to update their devices and many are reporting success after trying the update process 5 or even 10 times.

The long and short of it is that the demand for iOS 5 is off the charts right now, so being patient is your best option. There’s nothing you can do on your end so have a cup of coffee and wait out the rush.

If it isnt work.

Wait or keep trying!!!!

I was getting "internal error" and solved it, see how:

1 - Check if you have the new iTunes version 10.5
2 - Close everything in your pc and restart it
3 - plug your iPhone and make a backup
4 - put your iPhone in DFU mode like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI while plugged
5 - try restore, if fail, try again and again and again

it worked for me after more than 30 tries ....

Cheers !!!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Weird how some are having all these issues. That's me done an iPhone and iPad now.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just had a play with iOS5 on my housemates 3gs and i cant believe apple have managed to getaway with copying the Android notification bar.

Sorry if it has previously been mentioned but u havent been following the Iphone 4s threads

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

do what i have done nd download it from redmond pie and then just point iTunes to the file downloaded. took 30 mins rather than the 7 hours iTunes wanted me to wait

200 Gordini
My iTunes is saying 'restoring music/apps/etc. but my iPhone says restore complete and is asking me to do the finishing steps.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My iTunes is saying 'restoring music/apps/etc. but my iPhone says restore complete and is asking me to do the finishing steps.

You can use your ipad while the apps are being uploaded to it from your computer.

Keep it connected and it will (eventually) finish.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
3200 error.....zzzzzzzz

Wouldnt mind if it didnt take an age to backup everytime!!!

Tesla MP3 2021
For the Notes app, on the iPhone you can select which account you want to create notes for (device or iCloud). In the iPad(2) there doesn't seem to be that option and it appears the notes you create just go to the iPad and not to iCloud aswell.

Done. Didn't back up my apps - but niftily you can now redownload apps from the app store for free (I thought it was only music this applied to) so two minutes later and everything was back to as it was before. Minus Football Manager 2010 as its not there anymore :(

iCloud is slick as hell.

Its probably just me being mental, but I'm sure my home button feels different when I press it down now.

Just got it... anyone found imessenger?
It's the same 'Messages' app that you text from - if you're texting an iOS 5 user their name will be blue if not, green. Magic.

Last edited:
Just something regarding the iMessage settings and how to get it to Sync up properly with your iPad. Go into the settings to it and change your Caller ID to your email address and this will sync it up properly with your iPad. Just let the person your messaging know this so they can add your email address to their contact list.

Golf R/Leon FR
still cant update, getting error 3200 every time.

*edit* - It has worked now lol

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I thought podcasts would automatically update in iOS5? Did I just make that up in my head?