ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

M135i
I got the error message 3 times when 'backing up' the iphone but ive now got past that it it now says its restoring the phone and says 'restore in progress' on my iphone. This bit is taking the longest for me, been going for 40 mins so far.

Not just me getting the error then, f**king backing up everytime I try and re-do it :dapprove:

Fingers crossed it works this time.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Not just me getting the error then, f**king backing up everytime I try and re-do it :dapprove:

Fingers crossed it works this time.

Was just about to give up and it's gotten past that. Just gotta keep attempting to update it mate :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
I managed to update first time of asking, adding all my apps and media took a while though.

So.... I can text other iOS5 users for free and swipe a notifications bar down from the top. Night all. ;)

I've got past back up and my screens now on the loading bar on the iPad but it seems jammed. I don't know what to do now.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've downloaded the update software or both iPhone 4 and iPad 2 on iTunes and have tried a few times to update the iPad. Decided it's probably best to leave it for the time being and try tomorrow when it aint as busy.

Mk2 ph1 clio
iMessenger is f**king epic. Already making full use of this feature with Sy. FLOL

and unlike BBM .. this works!

Im downloading update now, I've been looking through the "200" new features and I'm excited for this update!! I'm gonna read the online training guide for IOS 5 at some point to see if theres any little hidden features!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hmm, how do I get the camera to be accessed straight from my lock screen. Don't see anyway of changing the settings?

DCi
a lot of haters are like oh iphones wipe your contacts etc but this is the first time ive ever had a major issue i had to google to solve and consumed some time :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, how do I get the camera to be accessed straight from my lock screen. Don't see anyway of changing the settings?

Double click the home button when locked mate. It'll bring up the iPod bar and the camera in the bottom right.

AK

M240i
Right. So my iPhone is saying it's on the latest version. It's still on Beta 7 though. Any ideas?

I assume for the iPad, but I've not put iOS 5 on that yet.

4, and 3GS done tonight, took 30 mins to download from the direct link.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Can anyone help, I cant get the icloud photostream to work, ive got nothing in it and dont see how you add photos to it?! Also I cant set location based reminders - and I cant see how to get Imessage working / access to it!

An orange one
I downloaded it last night and just tried to install it on my iPhone 4, when it prepares the phone for backing up I get a message saying there is not enough space on my laptop to back up all the media on my phone and data will be lost, fook that! So that means I can't update now?! Help!

Bus w**ker
I've had it for months. If i had anything interesting to say to you...
Oh Tom, you know everything you say I find interesting. You just won't give me your number no matter how much I beg, something about a restraining order IIRC. :(

Don't know who say 'Find My Friends' wasn't working in the UK, probably AK the mong, but it's working perfectly for me. Now i just need some friends to find.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Still unable to update iPad. iTunes said that it can't use the software that iTunes took 7 hours to download yesterday as my device isn't correct for it. Now I can't redownload the software. Apple updates are gash. Why can't they just make it simple!

BG 182 (full fat)
Downloaded this morning with no problems at all, and that was on an iPad 2. Last night was a different story though! Is there a way to get iCloud as an app icon on the front page

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
iPad downloaded this morning with 1 failure but completed in about 5 minutes.

USA being asleep FTW

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
FFS.

i have 4.5Gb free on my main HDD (SSD). iTunes needs 10gb to backup my phone before it will do the update, and you cant change the backup location.

another f**king reason that iTunes is the biggest pile of s**t known to man.