ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone "must have" apps?

It's useless if I want to use it properly with my Alpine iPod headunit.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Sneeks, did you get the iPhone working ok with the hu?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Sneeks, did you get the iPhone working ok with the hu?

No I tried everything you listed but it still stutters and breaks up often. Bloody useless connection. Is it the X001 you have or the X100?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yeah same model as me which was released shortly before the original iPhone. I'm going to sell on my X001 and replace it with a Alpine 104BTi instead. Not as nice a HU to look at but it is listed as having iPhone support.

My X001 works perfectly with all iPods.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'll maybe try the iPhone connected via the Alpine 'High Speed' cable rather than the supplied USB connection.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yup, thats what i do.

Only trouble is you HAVE to listen to iPhone music for other iphone sounds to be heard.

I have thought about using an aux in with the TT cradle, but that sucks.

Yeah same model as me which was released shortly before the original iPhone. I'm going to sell on my X001 and replace it with a Alpine 104BTi instead. Not as nice a HU to look at but it is listed as having iPhone support.

My X001 works perfectly with all iPods.

Sneeks, I've got a link saved at home that Tom posted up. It looks to be a connector that allows the charging and function for HU with iPhone 3g/s. Want me to PM you when I get home?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yup, thats what i do.

Only trouble is you HAVE to listen to iPhone music for other iphone sounds to be heard.

I have thought about using an aux in with the TT cradle, but that sucks.

I've read that using the KCE-422i Full Speed cable will not charge the iPhone, is this correct? If so I reckon I'll replace the headunit instead.

EDIT:

Yeah JD that would be good.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

This is my setup.

As you can see i needed a charging adaptor, but its quite fat.

(The newer units charge iphones fine afaik.)

So i had to get another pass though so i could use it with a case and to stop the connection falling out every now and then.

Last edited:

Tom's beaten me to it chap, that's the bit of kit that he showed me. I have a similar Alpine HU.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'll give that a try thanks, may make more sense rather than having to buy a lower spec Alpine replacement. For now it charges perfectly via the USB connection, it's just the sound output which is buggered.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Weird that the problems seem quite random? What software are you running sneeks? 3.0 or 3.01

Citroen DS3 DSport

Weird that the problems seem quite random? What software are you running sneeks? 3.0 or 3.01

I'm on 3.1b3 but I've had the problem since the 3G on 2.0

I phoned Alpine to ask if they had a fix for the problem and they basically said the X001 does not support the 3G or 3GS.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

anyone know when the official tom tom cradle is out and how much will it be???

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

Spawn lite is a pretty cool free app, probably wont keep you amused for long but its ok for free.

TomTom is already in the top25 ahead of CoPilot.

Obviously a lot of people sticking with the brand they know..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

So if using the tomtom app, do you lose Bluetooth for calls?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Not from using the app but if using the cradle then I think so. I'm not sure if the iPhone can handle more than 1 BT signal at a time.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Think im going to purchase TomTom App if i can shift my TomTom

Be aware that the TomTom app is considerably poorer than the standalone TomTom devices, the situation is even worse if you take into account the price point. I'd have a good read over at pocketgpsworld before selling.

I dont think the software is over priced. Co-Pilot is cheap and makes the others look expensive however i used it today and wasnt overly impressed. The screen kept locking meaning i had to swipe to unlock which is rubbish. Also it talks the next action either way too early or way to late, at one point i was already in the correct lane and turned left and then it spoke and said turn left. I am gonna give TomTom a go and see how i get on.

Also got Navigon to try however i wasnt impressed with the Lite version.

The mount does make the whole package a lot and you can buy a dedicated SatNav for the same price however currently everything is purely speculation to the price as nothing is out yet. Granted there is cheaper mounts but you then have to buy extra cables which ramps the price up anyway. Also its convenient to have all in one devices rather than separate.

CoPilot doesn't lock if you switch autolock to 'never', takes 2 seconds, i'm always amazed people get caught out by that. afaik Tom Tom has the same 'problem'.

SLK 350

CoPilot doesn't lock if you switch autolock to 'never', takes 2 seconds, i'm always amazed people get caught out by that. afaik Tom Tom has the same 'problem'.

If you're talking about the Settings menu within Springboard, well that for me doesn't work thanks to our Exchange Activesync policy. I rely on the applications themselves having a keep alive, and for a satnav not to have that option... seems an oversight.

Cupra

I have the same issue with my exchange account. Its a PITA to disable the account just so that your phone doesn't lock itself.