ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

SLK 350
Re: iPhone "must have" apps?

There is a tool on Cydia to strip the policy, not used it myself as have no real need. The other option is also via JB, use SBsettings and install the KeepAlive plugin.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

Why was my post deleted? Just wondering as there's tons of posts on here talking about jailbroken phones, and how you can get free apps for them :S

Honda. Tesla Someday

'Cube' is a free FPS game... looks alright! Can't download right now though as I'm on 3G at the moment and not at home on wi-fi (file is 27mb).

I'm getting a bit obsessed with DrawRace, I'm now up to around 97% better than most in the UK on most levels, struggling to improve now though.

Cupra

Whats the secret to it then? I have not really mastered it at all and just got bored.

Simply, racing line + appropriate speed. No secret as such, I just constantly race against my own previous best and try and improve bit by bit.

Bumder With A Buffer

I got Co-pilot at the weekend..

Must say im impressed! :)

Picks up signal fine..did get confused a few times but cant complain :) (On the A428 down to Milton Keynes Yesterday it thought I was in a field!..sorted itslef out quick enogh though :) )

My Iphone works better than the Tom-Tom I borrowed off my GF's Dad! That thing would never get signal..Iphone gets signal just sitting on the passenger seat :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I got Co-pilot at the weekend..

Must say im impressed! :)

Picks up signal fine..did get confused a few times but cant complain :) (On the A428 down to Milton Keynes Yesterday it thought I was in a field!..sorted itslef out quick enogh though :) )

My Iphone works better than the Tom-Tom I borrowed off my GF's Dad! That thing would never get signal..Iphone gets signal just sitting on the passenger seat :)
If you position like a sat nav (ie clear window view) it doesn't loase your position.

Bumder With A Buffer

It was positioned fine.

Like I said it only happened the once. Awesome bit of software for the money :)

Drains battery though (good job I have a charger and holder coming soon!!)

Citroen DS3 DSport

I have not yet decided between Co-Pilot and TomTom. The price of Co-Pilot appeals but the reports of crazy routing does not. Hmmmmmm.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I have not yet decided between Co-Pilot and TomTom. The price of Co-Pilot appeals but the reports of crazy routing does not. Hmmmmmm.
Only happens with the default routing profile. You can change it to a custom one and the routing's better. I've used it a few times with my tom tom just to see if there's been any difference. Only on one route did they come up with a different route, there's a road in Worcester that the copilot doesn't like to use for some reason!
Lots of chat on pocketgpsworld about it, including speed cam databases if you've jailbroken.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yeah Warren I had read the thread with custom routing profiles on PGPS, do the changes actually work and improve things?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Yeah, seems to. Be interested to see how tomtom works without the dock.

172 Cup

My latest additions -

002.png

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

off topic, but simcity - good or s**t? bit of a battery eater?

172 Cup

off topic, but simcity - good or s**t? bit of a battery eater?

Haven't tried it yet Seb.

Going away soon so added it, and the other games, to keep me sane during the flight.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

ah ok, i have heard it eats the battery, but that is to be expected.

definetely get peggle for your flight. geodefense is good too. airport mania is addictive too! doodlejump is funny and amusing also.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

I'd imagine you've covered it but i just downloaded worms.....Its bloody MINT

Bumder With A Buffer

Navigon Europe....What countires does that cover?? Most of Europe??

Dont worry I checked and it covers LOADS!

Citroen DS3 DSport

My Clinton's iTunes vouchers arrived today, all I have to do now is choose a sat nav app to download.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

I downloaded Copilot UK, and was quite impressed with the few journeys I've tried so far, it worked well for me, lane assist is very good. Thought at £26 it was worth the gamble and glad I did, it seems a bargain. It calculated the route very quickly and again was quick to recalculate as I deliberately skipped some junctions. Didn't try whilst playing music, as I've not got it hooked up to my HU (hopefully Alpine CDE-104Bti by next week) so will see what its like when I can and report back.

No problems with install like some have reported on other forums or on the app reviews, I just downloaded via iTunes, synced, let it install and used it straight away, didn't restart the iPhone and no issues doing the account thing, so not sure what all that was about TBH.

So far, I'm very happy with it, value seems amazing, updates will be a treat, so now just need to get a decent holder for it.

Honda. Tesla Someday

I downloaded Copilot UK, and was quite impressed with the few journeys I've tried so far, it worked well for me, lane assist is very good. Thought at £26 it was worth the gamble and glad I did, it seems a bargain. It calculated the route very quickly and again was quick to recalculate as I deliberately skipped some junctions. Didn't try whilst playing music, as I've not got it hooked up to my HU (hopefully Alpine CDE-104Bti by next week) so will see what its like when I can and report back.

No problems with install like some have reported on other forums or on the app reviews, I just downloaded via iTunes, synced, let it install and used it straight away, didn't restart the iPhone and no issues doing the account thing, so not sure what all that was about TBH.

So far, I'm very happy with it, value seems amazing, updates will be a treat, so now just need to get a decent holder for it.

Let us know which holder you get...

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'm thinking I may buy TomTom and Co-Pilot, the low price of Co-Pilot makes it a easy additional option to buy. I also plan on buying the Alpine 104BTi to replace my Alpine X001.

Citroen DS3 DSport

So long as they have kept the ability to store playlists on the iPhone within Spotify then you dont really need the wifi connection at all times.