ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone AppStore must haves?

You mentioned having probs with the music not connected etc when running it through the car hu, do you use bluetooth in the car?

No it's a direct connection to my Alpine X001 Headunit. I plan on resetting the HU this weekend to see if it cures the problem, I've also been told that rebooting the iPhone before using it in the car may help.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I've found the sequence I turn on the apps affects wether it works (same hu as you).
Best way I've found has stopped all issues.
1-Turn on ipod and get track playing
2-Go back to home screen
3-Then connect to stereo
4-Then turn on bluetooth etc.

Not had any issues running it this way.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Thanks I'll give that a try. Were you experiencing the same sound loss problems? It does not always do it so I knew there must be some way of avoiding it. I've just remembered I do use Bluetooth but not via the hu.

Are you rebooting the iPhone before using it in the car each time?

lol, I'm sure you've been 'getting an iPhone' for months.

I've been needing an iPhone for months, now waiting on flipping Natwest to send me my new card so I can use it with Paypal to pay poor Matt :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Thanks I'll give that a try. Were you experiencing the same sound loss problems? It does not always do it so I knew there must be some way of avoiding it. I've just remembered I do use Bluetooth but not via the hu.

Are you rebooting the iPhone before using it in the car each time?
Sometimes it wouldn't play at all, sometimes the sound would sort of crackle. Not rebooting, just sticking to the same sequence and it seems to have sorted the issue. Spot on with copilot, with the instructions coming through the stereo.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I've been needing an iPhone for months, now waiting on flipping Natwest to send me my new card so I can use it with Paypal to pay poor Matt :(
Just send the butler over with some gold bullion ;)

I did, but gold has gone down in value apparently and he came back with a failBerry as second best :(

SLK 350
Spotify on iPhone

Well, I got sick of waiting for the 'tards at Cupertino to approve the iPhone client. Luckily, there's a free open source client available on Cydia (requires jailbreak, obviously) called 'Spot'.

You'll still need a premium account (£10pm), but it works perfectly. The one thing I've yet to work out is how to do playlists, but I only sorted it this morning.

The other benefit is using Backgrounder, you can keep it playing whilst you're doing other things.

Perfect!

Re: iPhone "must have" apps?

Need more ledge games, have I missed any must haves, currently have...

Real Racer. Awesome!
Worms, awesome again with some great updates.
Pocket God, utter borefest.
Flight Control, brill.
MiniGore, love it, great updates on the way.
Ragdol free and paper toss are good time killers.

So what next, want more quality psp/nintendo wii class stuff like real racer...

Re: Spotify on iPhone

Well, I got sick of waiting for the 'tards at Cupertino to approve the iPhone client. Luckily, there's a free open source client available on Cydia (requires jailbreak, obviously) called 'Spot'.

You'll still need a premium account (£10pm), but it works perfectly. The one thing I've yet to work out is how to do playlists, but I only sorted it this morning.

The other benefit is using Backgrounder, you can keep it playing whilst you're doing other things.

Perfect!

Have you got playlists working yet dude?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Is there an App/way to count how many text messages i have sent? I only got my iphone 2 days ago and know i'll go over the 500 if i'm not careful. :(

E36 328

send a blank text to 21202 i think it is and it sends your allowance back.

the updates look brilliant. alsmost as if they got it out quick to get all of tomtom's potential customers, and they are releasing all of the kewl stuff via updates. prob what tomtom should of done.!!!!

Where can you see what the new updates will be? Live Traffic is there but greyed out for me, is this a future update or additional cost?

Bought it yesterday as I had a 4hr drive, really really impressed apart from the bit where the A421 was closed overnight and it struggled to find a new route, used the detour option but I had to delete the A421 off the list about 15 times.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i can't see how this satnav can be any good.

Even when walking in london with the google maps directions feature it struggled to keep up with my walking (and I am no fast walker lol).

how does it keep up with 80mph? and doesn't it rely on a constant data connection, something you don't get everywhere? Or am I missing something?

Even when walking in london with the google maps directions feature it struggled to keep up with my walking (and I am no fast walker lol).

how does it keep up with 80mph? and doesn't it rely on a constant data connection, something you don't get everywhere? Or am I missing something?

GPS is a separate technology from your phones data/phone network. It calculates your position based on the satellite it can see.

The GPS unit in the iphone is not the specification of something you'd find in a standalone GPS unit, its compromised because its in a multi-functioning phone.

However when the TomTom cradle comes out you'll get the accuracy of a standalone SatNav but on the iphone - but at a cost.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Try it. Used it with my tomtom running as well. Located satellites just as quickly and the poi database was far better.

?

Try it. Used it with my tomtom running as well. Located satellites just as quickly and the poi database was far better.

Yep, can confirm navigon is f**king ace. Picks up and connects just as fast as any of my sat navs and performance is amazing (for a phone!)

E87 118d M Sport

Ukaskew you can see the planned update on the app store info or the app, just above the reviews before the screenshots. There are 8 or so bullet points.

Ukaskew you can see the planned update on the app store info or the app, just above the reviews before the screenshots. There are 8 or so bullet points.

Ah yes, cheers. They pretty much cover everything that annoys me about it (particularly the lack of QWERTY)

dk - I actually find the GPS unit in the iPhone more accurate when driving than walking. I use Motion GPS when walking and although it's very good, it struggles much more than CoPilot has for driving so far.

£26 for SatNav that good is a steal, imo. I would never have considered a full stand-alone satnav as I couldn't justify the price, but this offers everything I need at a quarter of the price.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

Facefighter is good for a laugh, you can take a pic of a mate etc and load it on, or get one from file, might be fun to give lusty a beating :)

SLK 350

Not sure specifically how CoPilot works, but most GPS apps seem to use a combination of:

•Cell tower triangulation.
•GPS.
•Accelometrics, using the accelerometer data to process speed/direction of movement.

Navigon works well, but lack of 7 digit postcode is a glaringly obvious omission.

dk

911 GTS Cab

ah, i think i have missed something then as I wasn't aware the iphone had gps built in, thought it was totally based on GPRS.

So is it like in the nokias, a GPS-A?

SLK 350

It uses tower assistance initially, you can see it working in GMaps when it gives you a 5 second area fix, then your actual locale is the slow GPS fix.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

Doom Resurection is on offer for £1.79 until today, not sure what time the offer ends but it's still £1.79 atm