ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

intresting news on ps3 lol

just been trying to find out if the ps3 will be using hdcp and came across a page that was nothing to do with hdcp but what sony is planning for the ps3.

They are infact using the ps3 to get a foot hold in the hi-def market before they have the same problem they had with the betamax vs vhs war. they beleave that if they can fill as meny homes as they can with there blu-ray format players that this will give them a massive boost and push the hd-dvd format out the window.

Good idea never thought of useing the ps3 like that. very cleaver sony

Last edited:
Re: intresting news one ps3 lol

i thought that was obvious lol

its going to be the cheapest way of getting a bluray player really altho the quality wont be that good if the ps2 was anything to go by

yeah well seeings the first blu-ray player i have seen is going to retail @ $3100 then the ps3 will be a good choice lol. even if it is a little worse.

MKIII 138
bsimmer3000 said:
yeah well seeings the first blu-ray player i have seen is going to retail @ $3100 then the ps3 will be a good choice lol. even if it is a little worse.

how can it be worse if it uses HDMI ?? the beauty of digital connections is that the loss in almost 0% and components i.e resistors/powersupplies etc.. arent really a key factor as in high end analogue gear, a £120 upscaling samsung 720/1080i DVD player will match a £2000 DVD if it uses a pure digital connection as there is no converstion.
the PS3 uses HDMI full bandwidth direct digital, sure you may lose a small ammount of visible data very small though as sony transports (i.e the drives) suffer from low jitter and modern chips almost cancel any residual problems.
basically if you copy a computer file i.e MP3 from dvd you lose nothing as its a file copy.
but if you stream a Mp3 file you may lose some but due to its digital nature the benefits of no analogue converstion outweigh the flaws.
also blueray mechanisms are more advanced and im sure the PS3`s GFX architechture is advanced enough to deal with any problems.

should be fine if not near perfect with the right connection to the right Screen with the right option ticked in the setup menus.

its a format R20grc like cd-r then dvd now its blu-ray and hd-dvd they can hold massive amounts of data i.e the blue ray fromat will soon be able to handle amount like 200gb on 8 layer blu-ray discs.

it uses a smaller bandwidth of laser and its blue instead of red. so that the data can be writen smaller and smaller onto the disc.

meggerman you seem to have a thing for hdmi lol

hdmi is a connector you first have to decode the info first ;) the ps2 used to give everything funny tones on dvd's

it has nothing to do with things been loss less think of it like been colour blind
you see red as something else but red is really red but your brain says nah its not its green or what ever well if the chip that does the decoding is for want of a better description colour blind then you will get the wrong info been displayed

of and there are differences in picture between a budget upscaling player and the best upscaling players