ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So The f**king PS3 Packed In!!!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those f**king Sony f**king c***s! Really really tampon c***s!

The PS3 just 2 years old and decides to pack in! A nice years warranty on it tho! Who the f**k is that going to help?

Oh but all is saved thanks to an incoherent Nelly from Dehli who said they will give me a refurbed unit for wait for it... £140 well that's alright then thank god for that! And I don't f**king think so!

So i'll be using the sales of goods act hoping that after over a million owners have complained about the same thing that it is clearly a fault with the pissing Friday afternoon made system!

Sony are c***s!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They call it the Yellow light of death, it's more of a flashing c**t of a red light tbh!

Managed to google it and get my mw2 disc out okay but it's still right royally f**ked!!!!!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My brother has the original from launch day and has never had a problem.

Well you need to put the tv to 50 to hear over the fan but the new ones are fine!

Sony = c***s! :mad:

Barge
There's something somewhere (I'd need to check with the boss - he knows everything) about the lifetime expectancy of a product, basically here's an example... You wouldn't buy a washing machine or a fridge with a years warranty and expect it to break one day after the warranty expires. IIRC, the manufacturer's are obliged to have a warranty on the product further than the one year they offer, etc.

Just write to them. Sale of goods act says the product must "be fit for its purpose and be of satisfactory quality". You don't expect a 250 odd quid PS3 to break within a year or two.

EDIT: However, the Sale of Goods Act only applies to the place that sold you it (IIRC) not the manufacturer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers needy, it's 5 years after purchase in Scotland. I'm hoping it'll help

You don't pay that money for it to break so quickly, i'm sure it'll work out fine, if not a small claims court will get it for me.

It's a pretty simple case, it doesn't happen to over a million machines for no reason, they just hoped I would say yes to the refurb probably!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Probably the worst thing that can happen in life?

Crappy work hire car
Happened to me when Uncharted 2 came out - it's usually when you download the new update from newer games! I just gave it to my dad to get fixed and bought a new slim one lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There was about 8 fricking air support on cod when it happened!

Always seems to overload when too much air support comes in!

This time it gave up! :(

Bumder With A Buffer
Gally kick up a stink with Sony get the fucker replaced.

"IF" you get really stuck I could repair that for you, but your quite a way way from me! Its not like I could just pop round to fix it (its an easyish fix).

Bumder With A Buffer
Re: So The f**king PS3 Packed In!!!!!

There was about 8 fricking air support on cod when it happened!

Always seems to overload when too much air support comes in!

This time it gave up! :(

YLOD is the same as RROD....chip gets hot, not enough heatsink compound used and causes cpu/graphics to overheat.

School boy errors IMO...although they do make s**t loads and TBH the failure rate of PS3's is still lower then 360's.

I still repair a steady stream of 360's and have only had 2 PS3's! (laser faults on those)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can post it, probably cost about £15 to post each way for me, I'll see mate, might just put it on the house insurance and go to sony with my case.

Oh is the cod online score stored online?

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Same happened to me after 15 months from when I bought it, luckily they said as a goodwill gesture they would replace it for free with a refurbed PS3. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Bumder With A Buffer

I can post it, probably cost about £15 to post each way for me, I'll see mate, might just put it on the house insurance and go to sony with my case.

Nope its on your HD!

Iceberg Ph1
^^ wouldn't it be an easy swapout putting another PS3 HDD into a New PS3? or will it require a reformat to the new machine?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I believe my mate tried to put his old hdd in his new ps3 to get the game saves, it no worky sadly!

Hahahahahahaha

It was on Watchdog wasn't it? Can't that ginger bint Ann sort it for you? Surely they are expected to last more than 2 years, plus hundreds have had the issue.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It would be a good idea if they stored online scores online, so when you logged in the scores were there.

Not a clever idea if you ask me Richy.

Iceberg Ph1
Sh!tter about the swap not working, I'm a total PS3 n00b, I have one but all I do is watch films on it! I play the Xbox like its going out of fashion, its one of the 1st ever out and its never RROD'd! Its due I can tell!!! Is there not any type of app that can read PS3 HDD on a PC such as the Xbox Xplorer type thing?

Game saves are on the HDD, I shouldn't think they'd be stored anywhere else tbh

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i dont know what people are going on about when they say 60gb releace consoles are loud mines not and its raped all the time.

ive got a mate who fixes the ylod if your interested

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Nope its on your HD!

Thats weird ?

I logged into a mates PS3 with my PSN account and it remembered my score, that I was on level 56 and even remembered the classes I had set up.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I think KDF. All you would lose would be your single player and your trophies?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
It's not like it read the data off my ps3 at home either cause it was off at the time ;)

I reckon you will only loose trophies etc.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

Probably the worst thing that can happen in life?

almost, infact its one above finding your gf in bed with Mike Tyson

1.) Death
2.) PS3 Dying
3.) Finding your gf in bed with Mike Tyson
4.) Gf curbing your wheels
5.) finding out you have cancer

That's what I think KDF. All you would lose would be your single player and your trophies?

you only loose you sp on the 360 oh wait no you dont as you keep your HD to plug into your new one so you dont loose anything

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
We have 3 ps3s in our house hold and non have ever failed.

Its some thing todo with over heating and some thing needing to be re attched cirtcuit wise i heard.

Bumder With A Buffer

It's not like it read the data off my ps3 at home either cause it was off at the time ;)

I reckon you will only loose trophies etc.

Ahh yes actaully your right its only trophies and stuff...It does still have a multiplayer game save on your PS3 I think, but if you log into a PS3 that isnt yours it downloads and saves it on that PS3 (I swear it did that when I logged onto my mates one)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So if I got a new spanking ps3 I could still play cod from where I left off?