ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So The f**king PS3 Packed In!!!!!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
You can save all your stuff to a external Hd and then transfer it back when you get a new ps3..

When i had Midnight club i was s**t on saving, so my mate saved his and sent it over msn, i saved it on my mobile as a data format and then uploaded from mobile to ps3 and hey presto i had his saved game with all the top cars :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cool, will a laptop be of any use? I don't actually have any game saves really about from pes 09 which I dlike playing now and again. I can't save it until Rich has fixed it anyway!

Sony said that the yellow light could mean a hundred things, it's just an indicator that something is wrong. Fair point but i'm still going to speak to her manager/supervisor he's calling later today, i'm hoping if I shout/blag loud enough they will cave in!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yee i guess it would, but how are you going to transfer stuff from laptop to ps3? thats why i used my old mobile Lg Viewty, as you could save in data format, which worked no problems..

57 Clio Campus Sport
Got 360 release day and ps3 release day and the PS3 packed up first bout 6 months in. Refurb arrived next day and was swapped for my one. Not had problems with this one but it's getting as loud as xbox now and I only watch stuff from hdd on it. I'm worried it going to go soon. Had an xbox red ring and a refurb laser go but Microsoft had it as red ring. Elite had no problems since got that.

I've fixed friends RRODs, I haven't done any ps3s but the fix looks a lot harder than for xboxs

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing you lost everything by taking a refurbed unit Menz?

Fiesta ST-2
PS3's are crap I've had 3 break on me. Even the replacement broke after a few weeks LOL! How can he get his games saves when the thing doesnt turn on? I dont think its easy getting the information from the hardrive if you take it out either?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
had this happen to me. whats worse is that i prempted the whole thing by backing up....only to discover that some game saves are locked. i.e. they won't even tell you the backups failed, they jjust get skipped. SFIV save game gone, all multiplayer achievements gone. posted on here actually. wasn't happy! now i play on 360

S3, Polo
My launch day unit has been pretty good (a few game freezes, but nothing major).

Brother in law had his BD drive fail 6 months out of warranty - replaced FOC.

Have a word in their shell like and I'm sure you'll have some joy.

OR

Buy another, take your old one back and get it replaced? If you can still buy your model?

Bus w**ker
Re: So The f**king PS3 Packed In!!!!!

See Gal this is what happens when you ditch my FFA games to go play Dom lol. I wouldn't hold your breath for Sony giving in, it's out of warranty and not really causing them a major PR problem as it's not hammering every console like the RROD on the s**tbox.

Will it not boot at all or can you get in to the recovery menu? If so give the 'Restore file system' option a whirl or the 'Restore database' one or finally 'PS3 system restore'.

Or you could try removing the HDD and shoving it your PC, do a FULL format on it and then throw it back in and . You'll still lose your SP content and anything that's not on there as standard but your online scores and trophies should be stored on PSN anyway so should come back (this is a guess).
Not guaranteed to work but worth a shot.

My fat 60Gb US release day is still going strong, but it does go in to overdrive when I'm playing MW2. If it dies I'll just get a slim.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
apparently its eay to fix, as long as you have brain. google will shed light.

Why did SONY stop using the system in the 60gb? if it was for expence id pay more (i did) for the reliability tbh as you would with a car

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm I missed the super's call so i'll give him a phone back see where I get to. It's out of warranty but like needy said you don't expect your fridge to die after 20 months of use.

Bumder With A Buffer

apparently its eay to fix, as long as you have brain. google will shed light.

Why did SONY stop using the system in the 60gb? if it was for expence id pay more (i did) for the reliability tbh as you would with a car

Stop using what system?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:( No luck, went all the way to the supervisor but the best he could do after 25 minutes of giving him the blag about solicitors and shiz was £130 new unit and 1 years warranty. Not bad for a new unit but I don't want to lose my stuff or pay fooking £130.

Richy I think you have the job matey! :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
On a side note their customer service I spoke to was 1st class, I only asked for the supervisor at 9 this morning and 2 of them phoned back eventually getting me at 2pm. Gave me his name and department ect... and the offer stands for aslong as I have the playstation.

Bumder With A Buffer

:( No luck, went all the way to the supervisor but the best he could do after 25 minutes of giving him the blag about solicitors and shiz was £130 new unit and 1 years warranty. Not bad for a new unit but I don't want to lose my stuff or pay fooking £130.

Richy I think you have the job matey! :(

Price up the postage dude and go from their.

Although I did see someone else said their mate could do it (think it was Beef-Mc)..swear he is north of the border too???

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No it was Bifcaids actually but I like your face. :)

I'm going to contact the judge from the sunday mail, he's pretty helpful tbh.

I'll price up postage today mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols, i'll price up the package tonight see what we're talking, not sure if I can arrange pick up from yours or if you need to post it back and me paypal you the money.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
it will only work for a couple of months tops once reflowed.... and thats if its properly reflowed using expensive equipment........ not worth it imo, same with the 350 x clamp repair etc.....

richy22 I take it your just going to do it with a heat gun?... i'd give it a week and it will be buggered again... happens to everyone, search google

Bumder With A Buffer

it will only work for a couple of months tops once reflowed.... and thats if its properly reflowed using expensive equipment........ not worth it imo, same with the 350 x clamp repair etc.....

richy22 I take it your just going to do it with a heat gun?... i'd give it a week and it will be buggered again... happens to everyone, search google

Guess what I do for a living??? ;) :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols doubting the skills, it's a risk to see if it'll last.

I tried signing in on my bros computer doesn't work, so somebody must be lying.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Lols doubting the skills, it's a risk to see if it'll last.

I tried signing in on my bros computer doesn't work, so somebody must be lying.

don't try signing in to your PSN account using his local account, create a new local account on the PS3.. go to Sign up to PSN network, then select restore an already created account.. THEN use your details ;)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

don't try signing in to your PSN account using his local account, create a new local account on the PS3.. go to Sign up to PSN network, then select restore an already created account.. THEN use your details ;)

Then just go buy a 360 and avoid this s**t altogether :p

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes the xbox's are renound for their out of warranty performance.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Yes the xbox's are renound for their out of warranty performance.

Yeah but its a 3 year warrenty isn't it?

Mine lasted 4 years I think(can't remember when i got it), went away for the weekend, gf tried watching a dvd on it and ring of death appeared...obviously i blamed her!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't have a blu-ray player or recordable tv, my ps3 does.

All arguements are void. Oh and how much did it cost you to play online for a year?

I thank you.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

It doesn't have a blu-ray player or recordable tv, my ps3 does.

All arguements are void. Oh and how much did it cost you to play online for a year?

I thank you.

I wasn't comenting on the superiority of the consoles, just the warrenty, plus I only paid £27 for a year, which isn't bad really...

I would like the blu-ray player though, not as fussed bout the recording tv. Although im pretty sure your ps3 doesn't have anythng at the momment?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's called ply tv, i'm just being moany I love the xbox but the ps3 is far superior.

I want an xbox aswell and if I wasn't going on holiday i'd have it, I miss pgr 3/4

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

It's called ply tv, i'm just being moany I love the xbox but the ps3 is far superior.

I want an xbox aswell and if I wasn't going on holiday i'd have it, I miss pgr 3/4

you can have my 20gb + 2 controllers + forza and pgr3 for £80 ;)

people moan about paying for live but come on psn is a sack of s**t if you dont pay you dont get a good service

Bumder With A Buffer
I dont think PSN is that bad :S

Sure it has its moments os signing me out but thats down to our crappy internet connection we have in my town.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Psn is fine it's crap connection that throws people out like Richy said, you can't blame psn it has nothing to do with signing in or out really.

2014 Focus Titanium
I've not used PSN in years but my mate who has had a 360 for ages and has just added a PS3 to his collection said to me and I quote "the online chatting and stuff is crap".

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why the fook would you chat online! That's a bit geeky likes unless your headseted up and on cod or something.

Pick up the phone if you want to talk ffs!