ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior degradation

Clio FF 182
What would be the best option for me to revamp the door grabs that have degraded over time? I'm a fan of originality so painting them a glossy vibrant colour isn't really an option I don't think. As long as it looks good and will stand some wear and tear then I'm open to suggestions.

The search function brings up a few hits but a lot are from a long time ago and seeing as I'm new to renaults and this site then maybe there is a more recent idea or option for me to consider?

Thanks in advance

Clio FF 182
I do t fancy the flocking option due to the car only having 26k on the clock. Non sport might work, I'll look into it. I assumed all models would have the same problems.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I chose to have non sports ones too as I couldn't stand the stickiness. A few pics of comparison.

Sticky sport ones.

2017-02-07_08-15-51.jpg

2017-02-07_08-15-35.jpg

2017-02-07_08-11-39.jpg

And the non sport, non sticky ones.

2017-02-07_08-11-49.jpg

2017-02-07_08-11-23.jpg

2017-02-07_08-11-43.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio FF 182
Sweet, certainly another option anyway. A slight difference in colour maybe, but surely a paint expert will be able to colour match the original so it'll be the same just not sticky.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Buy new ones off Renault parts direct . They arent very pricey and will make a nice difference.

A Few
Buy new ones off Renault parts direct . They arent very pricey and will make a nice difference.
did you mean brand new sports ones are a good price? or new standard clio ones are cheap and cheerful? I want rid of sticky finish too...

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
There's loads of non-sport ones on eBay for a few dollars. And because they are plain old miserable plastic they clean up nicely, and actually match the rest of the tatty plastic on the doors - like the plastic around the door pull lever things (at least on my 172).

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
To save @Dr Jekyll a post :wink:, pop out screw cover at base to expose hex/screw, undo, slide door pull out, swap over the knobs and switches, pop back in and screw back down. I found the hex/screw cover was loose afterwards so stuck it in with a bit of double sided tape. 5 mins work :up:.

Thanks mate. Another thing to add to the list then! Mine looks like someone has purposely attacked it with a key!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
It's one of the first things I did when I got my car. It made the car feel like new, and I'm not exaggerating :smile:.