ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Help!

2002 Renault Clio
Basically i'm looking to sell my clio to upgrade it to a new one but I just took out an insurance policy 14 days ago. Stupid I know I should have thought of it earlier but I just received a lump sum of money allowing me to buy it immediately rather than save a few months. What do I say to my insurance and how do I go about it?
In terms of does my insurance expire or can I suspend it until I get my new car which won't be for atleast 3 weeks as I like to look round until I have the right deal hahah but yeah a little bit of help on what I do and what happens around my insurance

Basically i'm looking to sell my clio to upgrade it to a new one but I just took out an insurance policy 14 days ago. Stupid I know I should have thought of it earlier but I just received a lump sum of money allowing me to buy it immediately rather than save a few months. What do I say to my insurance and how do I go about it?
In terms of does my insurance expire or can I suspend it until I get my new car which won't be for atleast 3 weeks as I like to look round until I have the right deal hahah but yeah a little bit of help on what I do and what happens around my insurance

Speak to your company ask them how much to insure a 1*2 or whatever your after them when you buy it swap it over ?

You can just call up and say you need to make a change to your policy and state that you're changing car to the new one, then give the details and boom should be done almost instantly.

Whatever you do don't ring them up and tell them you've sold the car or they will give you 14 days then cancel the policy.

Sell your car but don't tell them. Buy your new car when your ready then ring them and ask to change car in your policy.

2002 Renault Clio
Yeah thanks everyone, I just thought there would be an issue as I wont be getting a new car for atleast a month

Keep yours till then ? Then swap it over?

​I rang my insurance policy and explained I'd sold the car and I had also paid in full this was after about 2 months , they suspended the policy and said if you ring back up when your new car arrives we will insure you from that date and you won't loose your years no claims , also if I didn't get a new car and left the money with them at the end of the year I get a Full refund and a years no claims for the sake of it !

They are normally pretty reasonable mate

FF Racing Blue 182
I think you may now be tied into that policy now

I was with admiral at the time and i just called them and said I'm changing cars and it cost me £80

Best calling your insurance for the right answer