ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inconsistent stuttering/missing when flooring it..

Foz turbo S & a 172
hi gurus again.

as title suggests, as its going to be a couple of weeks before my mech can get me in, so I thought I'd get some idea on here..

After 10mins/8 miles of warm up and temp is levelled, the clio is inconsistent in this issue.
Pressing the throttle slowly there is no issue, climbs through the revs fine but flooring it and throughout all the gears apart from 5th I can feel & hear a stuttery/juddery/misfiring experience. When its doing this its not as fast as it should be. No way. The sound is more pronounced due to the induction kit on it. Is there anybody on here recognise this description?

I've had spark plugs put in recently and been told my battery is on its way out, plus its due a service if all this helps..

ThanksdInAdvance..

J

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Could be the coil pack on its way out. They tend to fail under load although I'm not sure why it wouldn't happen in 5th gear.

Your best bet is to get it diagnosed and see if it throws up any error codes, as it could be a multitude of things to be honest.

Good luck with it.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I had this exact problem with mine.. sounds like its on 3 cylinders when the missfire cuts in?

Set of new plugs and mine was 100% perfect :)