ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im going to pay £4700

Clio 1.2 Billabong
holy s**t. im just under 1600 for my 1.2 and i thought im being raped at that.

why would you even consider paying almost 5k when you can wait a year and it'll drop dramatically?

but its your money....

A well built VW
Some people have more money than sense ...seriously have a reality check

I wonder how much that will be in year 2 with a claim ......

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
let him do it, you cant protect stupidity in the face of such overwhelming criticism. he'll regret it in a couple of months

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
no matter how much money i have i always know the value of it and i would certainly not pay £4700 for a years insurance!

Mk4 .:R32
i have been lol'in at this thread for the past half hour.

Its good getting a cheap quote, but that might not be the best quote, have you looked into what will happen if you have an accident? different insurance companies have different ways with dealing with things. might be better paying a little bit more to get a better insurance company. but in your case, you are paying way too much already lol

A3 Tdi
Have you given Adrian Flux a call? have insured my car with them and a few mates have found them quite cheap in the past too.
Tom

Don't be a dumb ass. £5k can pay for 7 to 8 years of insurance on a 1.4 clio, (inc age going up, ncb) (£1000+£800+£700+£600+£500+£400+£400+£300 = £4700) Don't be a dip
sh!t!

Spend that cash on a 1.4/1.6 make it look good, sound good and buy me a drink for saving you all this money!!

i agree you start small if your that desprsate for a 182 find the cheapst an pay it dont post on here as you look like a plank ;)

im not paying mega money to drive i pay directline 500quid with a years ncb on my new dci clio an ive been driving 2years im 23 in the dullest postcode know to man ive got a manufactors bodykit an i cant even put it on my car :(

Last edited:
  BG 182
Thanks guys already had a 106 gti...drove my brothers st £4700 oh yeah make it even worse that is on my dads name lol his got 9 years ncb any one reconmend a insurance??? that could be cheaper other wise going to have to do this:dapprove:

try bell insurance
they are usually quite good

A white and black one
To much mate, i have a 1.2 and thats 1600 on mi own, nearly 18. Next year my income will go up to around 2000+ a month maybe a hell of alot more but i think i will wait till i am 21 to get a 182. Like em, could afford one but don't want one.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
i payed 1700 on my 172 on me 19h bday. but nearly 5k you could get a slightly slower car and put the insurance money to it and have a proper minter! like a nice golf or audi a3 or summit. theres plenty of time to get fast cars enjoy cheap petrol why you can!

Last edited:
  Golf TDI
nearly 5 grand , why dont you stick with the 106 gti ( which is quick enough ) and maybe stick your £5000 in a savings account . that could be a massive part of a deposit on a house !!! madness .

Clio 182 RB
:approve: just to let the ppl no i have got the insurance down!!! some said go on a traders insurance(fluxuk05) though my company and its alot cheaper....so think im not as mad now paying £4700 thanks for the advice though guys..still expensive though!!

Lotus Elise 111R
:approve: just to let the ppl no i have got the insurance down!!! some said go on a traders insurance(fluxuk05) though my company and its alot cheaper....so think im not as mad now paying £4700 thanks for the advice though guys..still expensive though!!

Huh?

S2000
How much are you paying now then?

Almost £5k is not worth it in the slightest. I wanted a fast car asap after passing my test and got a valver at 18 then a hybrid at 19 but have never paid more than £800 on insurance so to pay £5k is just crazy for a car like that. I'm not going to join a lot of others who'll say you will crash as you are young as thats not necessarily the case but you will look back in a couple of years and wonder why the f**k did I pay that much on insurance.

Megane Team II F1 R26
Each to there own, peoples view on life changes as you get older.

I paid £2700 comp for a GT4 at 18/19 tuned to 260plus, even used it as a daily company car and paid for that privilage aswell. at the time it was my money my choice. these days i grumble with £1200 for the megane F1 when my misses pays less than £300 for her 1.4 clio! haha

A white and black one
I am only 17 and have a 1.2 but paying 800 on mi own with 1years no claims. pretty good i think, maybe the 172 next year

White Sti Hatch
£870 Mk3 1.6, Coils declaird along with 3 points and a years no claims.....still say your a loon if you pay £4k to drive a car !

mk4 golf gttdi180
im paying 650 on a traders policy and can drive and own as many cars as i want thats y i have my jeep for a play caqr and clio for the long distance

M135i
interesting lol i was messing about and i got a quote on 1 of these online comapre the market things for a 182, £14,000. But that is in chav centrer and for a 17 yr old, with 0ncb. think ill stick with my 1.2 which is stupid enough already :D ps dont do it mate