ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im going to pay £4700

Clio 182 RB
im only 18 and about to get my clio and going to pay £4700 insurance cant get it any cheaper!! i'll pay anythink...just mad how exspensive it is!:dapprove:

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
imho i think you are mad paying that or even close to it. but if you can aford it thats ok! what clio is it?

greenlight are often good but dont cover the 172 cup.

u tried them?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Your feckin' mad matey! Your payin nearly as much as the car's worth only to pay quarter as much again if your going to do it monthly! :lolup:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
there is a reason why its so high, ever thought of that ?

i still wont let my little brother drive mine

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Not point mate, its far too expensive.

Might aswell sell the 182, and get like a 1.4 or a 1.6 clio which will be a lot cheaper to insure, then wen u're a bit older, get a 182 again.

visualize whirled pe
£4700 on just the insurance! Where do you kids get the money from these days, unless of course you deal crack as well as smoke it.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
if you want a 182 ish speed car. you could try a fiesta ST or saxo VTS. a bit slower but a bit cheaper to insure for your age.

BMW F21 125d
Unbelievable amount to spend on insurance

£4700 paid lump sum or add 10% if paying mothly is £5170!

So do the maths...

£4700 works out at £12.80 per day
£5170 works out at £14.16 per day!

Ludracious.

ITB BG 182
18 and a clio 182 as a first car and i bet its your first year.
No offence youth but just think of it this way, your out with your mates an they encourage you to go faster then bang, you write the car off an kill 3 people.
Sorry but f**k that even i would not pay 5k for insurance, its almost as much as the car. In 2 years time you would have paid more in insurance than what the cost of the car is.

I wouldn't pay over £500 to insure a 182 let alone that much. You can have just as much fun in a 1.6 Clio until you can get a decent price.

Being 18, I would say you don't have enough experience for a car with that kind of power. Even though they're not super fast, they can get you in trouble.

Clio 182 RB
Thanks guys already had a 106 gti...drove my brothers st £4700 oh yeah make it even worse that is on my dads name lol his got 9 years ncb any one reconmend a insurance??? that could be cheaper other wise going to have to do this:dapprove:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Have you looked anywhere else? When i was young and stupid i could get insured an a impreza for £1200 on my dad name, but obviously he said no lol.

visualize whirled pe
£6500 on a clio 182

£4700 on daddies insurance and a fast approching tree.

Claims handler telling him his insurance is void.

£Priceless.

Porsche Boxster987S
surely it cant be that much of a jump:S

try bell , admiral , elephant etc

ive been driving 2 years with no ncb , 20 years old and getting insured for 1700

I thought I got reamed when I paid £1700 fully comp for my GT Turbo when I first started driving. £4700 is more than any car is worth to insure IMO. Buy yourself a nail to knock about in until you are 21 then get something quick/nice IMO. If that's the premium I dread to think what the excess is if you bin it!

350Z GT
Thanks guys already had a 106 gti...drove my brothers st £4700 oh yeah make it even worse that is on my dads name lol his got 9 years ncb any one reconmend a insurance??? that could be cheaper other wise going to have to do this:dapprove:

Surely you dont have to do it?
Cant you stick with the 106 GTI. Im in the same position as you pretty much, bought a car i thought i could insure - group 16 insurance or something insane - Insurance companies wont budge off £2100, not bad but still unaffordable. My dad has a friend in the local garage whos sold me a 106 someone has traded in and im driving that until i can afford to insure the Puma. Luckily its only about 4 months away and ive got the Puma locked up until i can insure it and run it. Im quite surprised your insurance quote is so much to be honest. My quote was £2100 on a Racing Puma - Im younger than you and thats on my own policy in a higher insurance group car.... although the Clio 182 does have a fair bit more power!!
either way good luck with whatever you decide to do but there is no problem having a smaller car for a few months... dont think your mates are gunna intimidate you 'cos in the end at least you'll be driving something :cool:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I think you will find that most insurance companies now have cracked on to the fact that being a named driver when your young on mummies or daddies policy makes the insurance cheaper etc, but now have amended their small print to say named drivers must not be the main driver i.e named driver must only drive the car on odd occasions. so
RichRSi £6500 on a clio 182

£4700 on daddies insurance and a fast approching tree.

Claims handler telling him his insurance is void.

£Priceless.
is perectly true in most cases!

Good Luck!

Insurance fronting is illegal and being 18 sat in the driver seat is asking for police interest.

Don't mean to sound patronising but there is a valid reason your quote is so high.

Wait 3 years, build up some NCD then at 21 you'll be in a much better situation, financially and more importantly maturity.

You know this makes sense.

Clio 182 RB

Surely you dont have to do it?
Cant you stick with the 106 GTI. Im in the same position as you pretty much, bought a car i thought i could insure - group 16 insurance or something insane - Insurance companies wont budge off £2100, not bad but still unaffordable. My dad has a friend in the local garage whos sold me a 106 someone has traded in and im driving that until i can afford to insure the Puma. Luckily its only about 4 months away and ive got the Puma locked up until i can insure it and run it. Im quite surprised your insurance quote is so much to be honest. My quote was £2100 on a Racing Puma - Im younger than you and thats on my own policy in a higher insurance group car.... although the Clio 182 does have a fair bit more power!!
either way good luck with whatever you decide to do but there is no problem having a smaller car for a few months... dont think your mates are gunna intimidate you 'cos in the end at least you'll be driving something :cool:

who did u get that quote off mate ???

RB 182
That is ridiculous unless you are seriously minted i wouldn't dream of getting that A. it's almost as much as the car and B. Personally would never buy a 182 at 18 because i'd be almost certain of crashing it, doubt i would even want 1 now after 2 and a half years :quiet:

Lotus Elise 111R
Oh dear. We have been young once. You start slowly, crash slowly, then buy a faster car when you have experience.£4.7k haha. As people have already said, your dad fronting your insurance is stupid, they will not pay out.

i wanted a 182 before i was 21, insurance was stupid, got my 182 when i was 21 and piad £950 to insure it with some modification like cage, coilovers etc

I would only pay 4700 quid if i was insuring a group 20+ car, because if i could afford the car i could afford the insurance, its silly money, it is illegal insuring it under your dads name, and you only have 1 years driving experance, i had a 1.4 for 3 years and had great fun driving it.