ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im going to pay £4700

Even if I earnt £2500 a month, there is no way I would pay £4700 for a years insurance!

But the more I read this, the more I'm thinking it's a wind up, I mean, I know some stupid people, but there can't be anyone this silly lol.

Ultra Red Clio 197
Firstly you are mad as you could do so much more with that amount of money! £1700 a month....fair play!! If your a supervisor, what does your job entail if you dont mind me asking...as I might look up something similar close to me!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Get some no claims you idiot!
For me at 19 with 2NCB I'm gonna pay £1750 fully comp, which is a reasonable amount.

Don;t be such a t**t paying so much! Spolit people suck!

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Keep the gti! Why spend an extra £3600 to insure a run of the mill 182, when you can spend that cash on making a pimped out gti. then at least you'll recover a bit of the money from it

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
hmm i dont see the problem with young people driving fast cars as im insuring a 172 at 18.

the thing is £4700 for insurance?!?!? are you mad lol.......i will be paying £2200 for my insurance at 18 which really is bad enough.

Good on you mate for buying one but check around for insurance first and dont front you're insurance as its just throwing money away,

/carl

Spoilt people do suck but if you were offered would you say no?

If you havnt got anything nice to say then keep your hole sealed!

1 Series Coupe
Is this thread for real? £4700? You have got to be joking.

But if thats what you want to do, it's abit silly imho...

When are you 19?

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
so long as you dont crash and kill yourself/others and can afford the silly quote... i dont really care what you do.

be sensible.

Honestly dont you think its silly to pay that much though?

Clio 182 RB
hmm i dont see the problem with young people driving fast cars as im insuring a 172 at 18.

the thing is £4700 for insurance?!?!? are you mad lol.......i will be paying £2200 for my insurance at 18 which really is bad enough.

Good on you mate for buying one but check around for insurance first and dont front you're insurance as its just throwing money away,

/carl

whos your insurance with???

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
You're way off your head paying 4700 a year insurace,

Im not being funny i own a 07 plate clio 1.4 and working full time and living at home and the insureance is 900 a year and i just turned 19 and with fuel and everything sometimes i get skint and i dont drink or smoke. Do you mind telling me how much you bring home a week/month? i bring about 200ish

take home £1700 a month after tax

good to always know the cs wage around here of course. Never know what this months bonus is. :clown:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Spoilt people do suck but if you were offered would you say no?

If you havnt got anything nice to say then keep your hole sealed!

That aimed at me?

It's not even been offered to him though, he's just financed a car that he can't insure for anywhere near a sensible amount!

Suppose being spoilt hasn't much to do with it, apart from his dad clearly got him a well paying job....if he even gets paid that amount.

Clio 182 RB
so long as you dont crash and kill yourself/others and can afford the silly quote... i dont really care what you do.

be sensible.

ye i do think its sily.but that the cheapest!!
been to..
endsleigh
bell
admrail
direct line
greenlight
confused
kwick fit
aa

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

be sensible.

ye i do think its sily.but that the cheapest!!
been to..
endsleigh
bell
admrail
direct line
greenlight
confused
kwick fit
aa

Fair enough. your money. your choice. youve done your research and got the car so go for it. I would personally wait for a couple more years. I wouldnt have the heart to pay that much for a 182.

Goodluck bud. :approve:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

/carl

whos your insurance with???

mine is with Bell, i seriously would consider other options if i were you and atleast gain a years NCB.

may i ask how long have you been driving? mine dropped massivly when i had 12 months of driving

/carl

Storm Grey 200
That cant be the best quote, a friend of mine, also 18, has a V8 TVR and the insurance isnt that much

PH-QUICK
Why not go on trade/company insurance if your dads mate owns the company?

That would surely only be like £300

1.2 TCE Clio Dynamique S
I had a mate paying 3k on his scooby when he was 18.

It was his life though, and I know he didn't take home £1700 a month.

He felt £300 a month was worth it for the car of his dreams.

:)

Wiltsteve

Damm, only 6 pages :dapprove:

only with certain company's and expect to pay a nice lump for the priviledge although that dont seem to be a problem.

To be fair i cant see a problem with buying the car if you've worked hard to earn the cash, surely you deserve to spend it on what you want just if i was spending money ive taken a while to earn on an expensive car i'd want to make sure its insured properly with the high risk that you might ding it ... might not even be your fault someone might reverse into it and drive off... you'd still need to pay for it some way.

But as you've already bought the car makesure you insure it properly, take care of it and dont drive it like a maniac and all should be fine... if you do all that fine then all you've got to watch for is muppets driving around.

cheers josh will do....:) i think ive worked hard for this!

Worked hard for a 182 on finance ?? Riiiight.

- no dig at anyone with a car on finance at all, imo the dude hasn't worked hard at all.

Nearly 3 months take home wages on insurance? f**k that try doing a deal with them.

Tell them to insure it for £1000 a year with a £3500 excess. That will slow you down as well..

Last edited:
  RB 182 Special.
I've only read the 1st page of this thread but I don't need to read anymore. DO NOT do it! Seriously, I had a 106 GTI before my 182. Fair enough it was 'tweeked' a fair bit, but the only reason I don't have it now is because it has passed on to the caryard in the sky. I pay the same insurance for my 182 as I did the 106, which is worth it. The 182 is quicker round corners than my 106 was, and is quicker than a standard one in a straight line, but there is absolutely no way in the world that its 4 times the car that the 106 is. Its not even twice the car. In fact, I still argue that the 106 is a more involving drive.

Personally I think its bonkers any 18 year old getting a powerful car as they don't have the experience and often have that invinsible 'teenage' mindset (not preaching or being patronising, I'm just remembering what it was like when I was that age) that can lead to big trouble very quickly. But if you already have a 106 GTI I'd recommend keeping that as its great fun and the limits are lower than a 182.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If this is for real, its your money to spend as you please. Only issues I have is if you'll be able to control the speed. Don't want to be hearing of you in the news having killed yourself and an innocent family of 5 or 10 people at a bus stop.

And if I were you, I'd be insuring it my own name. It prob won't cost much more with you as policy owner and main driver and add your parents to see if it goes down. Try elephant and RAC, been good for me in the past.

quite an interesting read!! wish i has 5k to throw at insurance... surely the speed of a 106 gti cant be that bad thats you need to spend 8k+. i want a 1#2 but not that much!

ibiza cupra
you must be mad mate. i love my car and have done since they came out but i had to wait untill i could afford the insurance. i still struggle now and my ins is no were near that high. dont forget its not just insurance, you have got to tax it, mot it (if its older that 3 years) put go go juice in it (which aint getting cheaper)as well as general maintainance (all rs parts are more expencive than normal renault parts) mine ends up costing me about 500 quid a month but thats for everything. that wont even cover your insurance bud

Clio 172
This has got to be a wind up guys/girls,he's just looking for a reaction.

If not he must be mad............

Why not buy one of these plus insurance to take down to maccy d's.It'd be a lot easier to get it on two wheels to impress your mates & school girls with & you'd still have some change in your very deep pockets for maybe some leopard pattern seat covers & petrol

Just a thought..................

Last edited:
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
TBH i would never ever pay over £1k for insurance....

I am 23, have 0 NCB to use on my 172....

I am a driving Instructor (high rish due to amount of mileage on the road)

The worst Quote i have had and this is no joke...
£7138.23 esc £500

The average is £1400-1600

The cheapest i have is £890 with a £250 exc.....

I still want cheaper...

Serioulsy Adam,

Take a day or 2 of work, sit down with a note pad, pen and the yellow pages,

Ring ever god damn insurance company and get a better quote... once u have a decent price est: £1800 take it... or phone around some more....

Make the Insurance companies work for your bank details....

Cancel that £4700 premiun now whilst your still in the 14 days cooling of period (may have to pay a basic admin fee (£20-£50)

Also have you done Pass plus? Advanced Driver schemes? Also have a 2nd car (cheap run around) to use every day so u can lower the mileage use of the 1*2??

Mk1 Maxim Sport
What a total waste of money pal, its not even worth it. Chances are ur gona smash it up and end up in the doghouse with everythin. U wont be able to get insurance at all after that an definately not on anything more than a 1.2. Ur totally wastin ur money there fella. Not read the whole thread just a few pages an i got the feeling that noone thinks its a good idea tbh lol

Mk1 Maxim Sport
TBH i would never ever pay over £1k for insurance....

I am 23, have 0 NCB to use on my 172....

I am a driving Instructor (high rish due to amount of mileage on the road)

The worst Quote i have had and this is no joke...
£7138.23 esc £500

The average is £1400-1600

The cheapest i have is £890 with a £250 exc.....

I still want cheaper...

Serioulsy Adam,

Take a day or 2 of work, sit down with a note pad, pen and the yellow pages,

Ring ever god damn insurance company and get a better quote... once u have a decent price est: £1800 take it... or phone around some more....

Make the Insurance companies work for your bank details....

Cancel that £4700 premiun now whilst your still in the 14 days cooling of period (may have to pay a basic admin fee (£20-£50)

Also have you done Pass plus? Advanced Driver schemes? Also have a 2nd car (cheap run around) to use every day so u can lower the mileage use of the 1*2??

Doubt hell be able to afford a second car never mind insurance for that aswel!