ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iimpressed by local valeter/detailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah OK. Now I get the point.

How the hell does it take so long to post that? Your debating skills, sir, need work (you arguing f**kwit x) ;)

I have been increasing the level of idiotproofness of posts bit by bit as the pages roll on, apologies for initially underestimating the required level by so much, I could have saved a lot of time if I had done so I agree.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
OP is happy.

Chap has done a good job for the price he paid.

Dont get why there is always an argument of minutiae detail! (no pun intended).

​Kangoo - great car. Looks good. Women will foam at the gash.

I have been increasing the level of idiotproofness of posts bit by bit as the pages roll on, apologies for initially underestimating the required level by so much, I could have saved a lot of time if I had done so I agree.

Oh dear oh dear. Perhaps a return to "fat versus smoking" threads, Chipmeister.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
OP is happy.

Chap has done a good job for the price he paid.

Dont get why there is always an argument of minutiae detail! (no pun intended).

​Kangoo - great car. Looks good. Women will foam at the gash.

LMAO, cheers mate..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I agree with you chip, but Id consider this a bit better than a standard valet as its the first time anyones used clay, car felt rough to the touch and now feels smooth :)

Agreed mate, JD and Gally seem quite incapable of realising that the vast majority of people in this country, and even a big percentage of those into cars, have never felt the need to start attacking the paint on their car with bits of clay.

My first first-hand experience of it was my mrs used some on my daily corsa about 2 or 3 years ago as it had a load of angle grinding sparks in the paint where I had been making up some big brakes far too close to it for my mk1 using a grinder and I was genuinely amazed at how it managed to lift out metal that I had assumed was properly burnt into the laquer and I was destined to have a rusty metallic flake in forever.

Its a cool product, and actually very easy to use, have done it myself since, but im sure your man has the ability to fly around a car and do 80% of the job my mrs or JD etc would do but do so in 20% of the time, which is a skill thats very useful for providing a decent valet (lets not say detail again as it annoys JD)

Havent ever really noticed you posting particuarly before, I dont take a lot of notice of usernames I just look at post content, and I genuinely havent a clue what you do or dont spend you money on, or how much of it, nor do I care in the slightest, in fact I dont even know what car you drive let alone what products you use on it, so you seem to be thinking I know all sorts of things about you when I know nothing at all.

Yet more confusion. And I think on your part. That was a point, not a question about how much you know me? Not that that stopped the jibes about the area I grew up in, of course...!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've literally no idea what Chip is arguing about, maybe i'm just having a bad day.

If Joe Public wants to get his car valeted and washed by a black man with some rocks fair enough but don't expect people to not to be shocked and to talk about it, bare in mind he could be ruining someone's very nice car.

Your point about the chamois and the previous 50/50 argument shows just how little you know on this subject, although no doubt you don't like the fact you don't know everything about a certain subject hence where we are now.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Copy, save, post another time.

Can do if you like mate anytime that the subject of how much Chip knows about JD comes up (as would be out of context otherwise obviously), but of course now its not so true anymore that I know nothing at all about you, I now know that apparently you are some sort of wealthy lad into detailing who presumably from your talk about it got that way because you are from a wealthy family, as self made people never talk quite the same way, lol.

Agreed mate, JD and Gally seem quite incapable of realising that the vast majority of people in this country, and even a big percentage of those into cars, have never felt the need to start attacking the paint on their car with bits of clay.

My first first-hand experience of it was my mrs used some on my daily corsa about 2 or 3 years ago as it had a load of angle grinding sparks in the paint where I had been making up some big brakes far too close to it for my mk1 using a grinder and I was genuinely amazed at how it managed to lift out metal that I had assumed was properly burnt into the laquer and I was destined to have a rusty metallic flake in forever.

Its a cool product, and actually very easy to use, have done it myself since, but im sure your man has the ability to fly around a car and do 80% of the job my mrs or JD etc would do but do so in 20% of the time, which is a skill thats very useful for providing a decent valet (lets not say detail again as it annoys JD)

Much like your inability to see when people are bored of your apparent know-it-all posting on a forum? Are Joe Public that bothered about certain ways of mapping cars and how much experience you have in this area (let's not forget chemistry, physics, car selling/buying, cheese, fermentation...) or do we actually just want our cars to perform better?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Chip can you lay down in Layman's terms what it is we don't get?

Can do if you like mate anytime that the subject of how much Chip knows about JD comes up (as would be out of context otherwise obviously), but of course now its not so true anymore that I know nothing at all about you, I now know that apparently you are some sort of wealthy lad into detailing who presumably from your talk about it got that way because you are from a wealthy family, as self made people never talk quite the same way, lol.

Finally, someone gets me! Can you go clean my car now? One is tired.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yet more confusion. And I think on your part. That was a point, not a question about how much you know me? Not that that stopped the jibes about the area I grew up in, of course...!

FLOL! at you getting so strung up that comment, obviously been given a hard time in the past for getting lucky being born with a silver spoon?
No need to feel picked on by me though it was just a bit of very mild banter after you brought up how wealthy your neighbours are, I couldnt care less where you grew up, I have friends who grew up on very rough council estates, and friends who grew up in multimillion pound mansions and everything in between and in most cases you would never tell which was which from chatting to them unless you start looking at watches etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL! at you getting so strung up that comment, obviously been given a hard time in the past for getting lucky being born with a silver spoon?
No need to feel picked on by me though it was just a bit of very mild banter after you brought up how wealthy your neighbours are, I couldnt care less where you grew up, I have friends who grew up on very rough council estates, and friends who grew up in multimillion pound mansions and everything in between and in most cases you would never tell which was which from chatting to them unless you start looking at watches etc.

Again you don't know JD. If you did you would realise that's not quite the case. If it was he would be running around in Father's R8 and drinking Churchill's Pol everyday. He doesn't, he works and drives an 8L S3 bought by himself.

Don't assume anything Chip. Just because he mentioned his neighbours doesn't mean anything, he was making a point which helped to be reinforced due to the fact they have money.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
How the hell did a discussion on cleaning a car which the guy was happy with turn into this?

Must be a slow day for all, nearly home time everyone, World War Z at 9PM Whoooooooooo hard Kore night ahead.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
How the hell did a discussion on cleaning a car which the guy was happy with turn into this?

Must be a slow day for all, nearly home time everyone, World War Z at 9PM Whoooooooooo hard Kore night ahead.

Im watching that too. Looks alright!!

A worrying amount of threads are turning into this now.

Damn right. Taste of London festival, win (yes Chip, I have VIP entry as daddy knows Michel Roux Jnr).

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol at Daddy. Same guy that was tearing apart JD's house and decorating on his own.
Hired help must have been on vacation Esq...

banther

ClioSport Club Member
does look like an epic movie, lets make a thread about it on Monday and see what happens.

Should go something like this;

I went to watch World War Z and thought it was fairly good, the highlight being the tug job I received from a random, male, fellow cinema goer.

​Chip; From first hand experience.....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Much like your inability to see when people are bored of your apparent know-it-all posting on a forum?

Why would you think I cant see that? Its obvious that any thread that goes on a long time (involving me or not for that matter) will become uninteresting to different people at different times, but even if there are only 2 people left interested in the thread thats fine and no reason to stop posting as others can simply stop opening it, that is the joy of a threaded message board format such as this. Anyone who specifically doesnt want to read one other users posts though for any reason like you seem to be hinting at with mine (and like the guy who mentioned about not liking Roys posts on this thread) can easily do so using the forums ignore function anyway so it always strikes me as just worthless spam when people post up just about who's posts they dont like TBH, that really does seem something that is unlikely to interest anyone else unless they are really sad.

Are Joe Public that bothered about certain ways of mapping cars and how much experience you have in this area (let's not forget chemistry, physics, car selling/buying, cheese, fermentation...) or do we actually just want our cars to perform better?

What a weird co-incidence you picked that! While on the holidays after college before I went to uni I did indeed have a part time job as a cheese maker for a while, so yes you can feel free to fire any mapping or cheese questions my way if you do have a more than joe public interest in either, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm clearly going to get in trouble for this, but has anyone else noticed this is the way Chips posts/arguments start?

Why would you get in trouble for noticing that unlike a lot of other people on this forum I stick to posting in topics I have an at least reasonable amount of knowledge or experience of?

Evo 5 RS
After painting my old 172 I realised keeping cars clean is actually quite literally homosexual. It's a pointless game. Jet wash and quick shampoo now and again. Polish and wax every 6 months.

If you're lucky. Can't be f**ked standing outside getting wet only for it to rain 20 minutes later.

​Mugs game.

Haha, Chip, congrats. You made me chuckle at the cheese comment! Excellent - I feel we are debating buddies again!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
After painting my old 172 I realised keeping cars clean is actually quite literally homosexual. It's a pointless game. Jet wash and quick shampoo now and again. Polish and wax every 6 months.

If you're lucky. Can't be f**ked standing outside getting wet only for it to rain 20 minutes later.

​Mugs game.

Pointless would be the wrong word. It's not pointless. Simple fact, a car rubbed over the top of with turtle wax will never look close to a properly corrected car in the flesh.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Haha, Chip, congrats. You made me chuckle at the cheese comment! Excellent - I feel we are debating buddies again!

Might be funny to you, but im kinda feeling that for you to know what I did for a part time job 21 years ago when I havent ever bothered to mention it to anyone probably implies you're stalking me even harder than Adamm is.

Probably abusing your dads position as Nato supreme commander of western europe to find out intel on me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.