ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignis number 2

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I never said you weren't comfortable and I never said you were gay? You getting a bit paranoid there?

Seems like your familiar with their lingo and it's getting a bit to graphic for me now so I'm out.

Because you're scared.

I understand.

BG DCI
I never said you weren't comfortable and I never said you were gay? You getting a bit paranoid there?

Seems like your familiar with their lingo and it's getting a bit to graphic for me now so I'm out.

Are you ok?

Leave OP's thread alone with your pointless posting of nonsense..

If you just said "Dont particularly like the look of the car personally but each to their own GL"

Would of been better..

Suzuki Jimny
Such cool little cars, don't they have comically over spec'd brakes due to homoglation rules?

I'd say at first it was a 2 but now I've reset them possibly pushing a 5. There bearable anyway.

I looked back over the history on sisoc and found that 3 members have owned it and the Gaz coilovers have been on it a while so they are well overdue a refurb which wont be helping.

I'm thinking of putting them up on sisoc for swaps with a standard set up.

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
I'd say at first it was a 2 but now I've reset them possibly pushing a 5. There bearable anyway.

I looked back over the history on sisoc and found that 3 members have owned it and the Gaz coilovers have been on it a while so they are well overdue a refurb which want be helping.

I'm thinking of putting them up on sisoc for swaps with a standard set up.

Hmmm... Tempting!

Hmmm... Tempting!

It's just the knocking which is doing my head in but at the minute my broken exhaust is drowning that out. Lol.

I'm in 2 minds do I throw cash at it replacing some suspension bits or just cut my losses and sell it for what I paid.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I have been tempted by one for so so long.

Only thing I dislike is that horrible webbing in the recaros.... can you just chop it out?

Trying to decide between one of these, a ph1 or a fiat 100hp.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I too don't see what everyone else is seeing. The red 197 was great mind

I think that's the appeal. If you get it, you get it and you love it. If you don't, you're just confused. Get a go in one and it may sway you as I was a little meh till my mate got one and I've just found them funny since!

Also lol at already "enquiring" about coil overs. Only a matter of time till it's dropped on some ProRace3s and it's being abused on track!
You modded the air box yet?

Swift Sport
Eibach springs are on their way :)

In the meantime just a quick pic with my SLR...

11250522005_101c19efe7_z.jpg

172 rag
I really like the engine and the box shape but the rear suspension design is criminal and limits the potential of the car.
Apart from that cracking little car.

Swift Sport
I really like the engine and the box shape but the rear suspension design is criminal and limits the potential of the car.
Apart from that cracking little car.

I'm inclined to agree, although they perform better than most people think anyway :)

172 rag
In hot greek bumpy tarmac the rear was very twichy without going that fast. I first thought that it was tyre pressure issue but the owner confirmed my feeling.
Maybe in the UK with better quality tarmac is better.
The engine though is a gem
I was that close to buy it when new.

Swift Sport
These pics aren't actually new, I just forgot to update the thread. Wheels are on but I'm going to wait to fit the coilovers when the weather warms up...

11889161994_b78496e610_z.jpg

11889154954_2410a3f6bb_z.jpg

Pretty pleased with the Ignis to be honest, it's nearly everything I need from a car although I do hanker after a second car again (which is what I'll probably end up doing). I'm still undecided whether to take this to the 'Ring or buy something bigger with cruise control, perhaps something like an estate that I could get the bikes in easier.

Swift Sport
Cheers dude, it'll stop quicker too once the weather sorts itself out lol.

I'm looking at another on eBay, I might have two lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
sounds like you suffer from the same issue I suffer with the twingo...
it does everything I want/need it to, its such a giggle to drive but as much as I love it, it feels wrong to love it and I find myself endlessly looking at mk1 Focus RS, Clio R27's etc as it would seem normal to own it when I had something else as a toy lol!!

Swift Sport
Nail on the head, Martin!

I'm 33 years old and after owning various Clio Sports, including a mint 197 and a Civic Type-R... Instead of 'growing up' and going for something more mature I'm driving around in an Ignis instead, and really enjoying it! They're absolutely peanuts to run, so I can save for a house (or New Zealand) at the same time :)

As you say though, I'm regularly trawling eBay looking for something 'better' lol.

Swift Sport
Still not lowered yet as the weather has been too sh1t, although it did stay dry long enough for me to wash it....

12309789086_4df55a6192_z.jpg

12309778886_91888edfcd_z.jpg

Got a full set of uprated discs and pads ready to go on too now

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Cant get on with the looks my self .

Are they the same drive as the Swift sport or better ?

Alan