ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

BMW Z4
Don't know how I missed them but just seen the photo's from raceday in your post above looks great :)

The problem with going even lower is you affect the kinematics even more so roll centre's, bump steer and various other things. I would also be wary because of how it was catching on various bits of the car when under load. The car did look to roll a bit coming in towards the Mountain complex but it can't be a bad thing as you still won lol! If you stiffened it up then it probably wouldn't catch so could lower it more but if it were me then I would just leave it as it's obviously working well as is :)

Any chance you can send me a link to where you got the saxo PAS rack and pump please?

Thanks

I bought this one buddy. As Tony says above you dont need the rack just the pump. I will post up pics of how it's plumbed in as I have mine in the scuttle and not in the engine bay.

http://www.acspowersteering.co.uk/citroen-saxo-electric-power-steering-pump-integral-reservoir/

how do you stiffen up the car more? Stiffer springs I guess? As you say though the car is quick anyway so perhaps I would only break it eh..

Not the rack, just need the pump. Scrapyard.;)
Thanks Tony I thought it was both lol! Saves an extra job :)
I bought this one buddy. As Tony says above you dont need the rack just the pump. I will post up pics of how it's plumbed in as I have mine in the scuttle and not in the engine bay.

http://www.acspowersteering.co.uk/citroen-saxo-electric-power-steering-pump-integral-reservoir/

how do you stiffen up the car more? Stiffer springs I guess? As you say though the car is quick anyway so perhaps I would only break it eh..
Thanks Mark if you could that would be appreciated, I guess you have to get PAS line's made up to fit?

Various ways really, change the damping (valving), change the spring rates or change the anti-roll bar rate. Haha yes it would be a bit of experimenting probably and it certainly seems upto the job as is :)

182cup & 172 racecar
The power steering hose just needs cutting and then brazing to the pipe that comes out of the pump, it's in our build thread.

182cup & 172 racecar
003582.jpg

Plenty of room for brake cooling.

(What are you like) Bling.!;)

BMW Z4
Hi Guys

So I have made a start on my new jobs list. First up is my new ally race rad. The car was running hot at Cadwell so I have binned the small Polo rad in favour of this Golf item :) Mmmm ally welding, I like it a lot.

This pic you can see where my tyre has been rubbing the wing mounting

SNV82664.jpg

SNV82665.jpg

SNV82666.jpg

SNV82667.jpg

SNV82668.jpg

SNV82669.jpg

SNV82670.jpg

SNV82671.jpg

SNV82672.jpg

SNV82673.jpg

SNV82674.jpg

SNV82675.jpg

SNV82676.jpg

SNV82677.jpg

Going to take the metal ring off the fan and swap the wires round that Fred suggested ages ago :) More jobs to follow to get ready for Snett in 6 weeks, thankfully none large.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Radiator looks very nice, are you willing to say £ and where from?

Not sure if this is likely to be a factor but you can see in those pictures how much of the core is blocked by the cross member, I know you dont need to have the whole core exposed to air flow, and the exit from any radiator is more important than the entry but that said, a few holes in the crossmember as many others are now doing might help make better use of the surface area available.

BMW Z4
Radiator looks very nice, are you willing to say £ and where from?

Not sure if this is likely to be a factor but you can see in those pictures how much of the core is blocked by the cross member, I know you dont need to have the whole core exposed to air flow, and the exit from any radiator is more important than the entry but that said, a few holes in the crossmember as many others are now doing might help make better use of the surface area available.

It was £164 from off of Ebay. It's a golf one. If I drill the crossmember it will weaken it in a crash wont it. I thought they got funny about even removing the crash plastic out of the bumper! I am sure it will be fine as it is as the polo one was also behind the cross member and this one is much wider and thicker than that one. I only changed it because on a hot day like Cadwell the car was running hotter although it didnt overheat mind.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Good old ebay! dont know why i never thought to look there, cheers.

When you refer to "they" getting funny, who are you refering to?

Putting a few flared holes in it probably will weaken the crossmember slightly but if you consider how thick it is in the first place.
Could be wrong but I recon Renault want to spread an impact across the front of the car and therefor send it down both chassis legs hence why that bit is so strong, if it writes the car off they're not bothered, it's all about occupant safety. With a cage, proper seat and harness, things are a little different, i'd rather any damage was localised.

I'm keeping the plastic crumple bits, in the event of a relatively light impact there's a chance those could avoid or minimise any metal damage.

BMW Z4
Good old ebay! dont know why i never thought to look there, cheers.

When you refer to "they" getting funny, who are you refering to?

Putting a few flared holes in it probably will weaken the crossmember slightly but if you consider how thick it is in the first place.
Could be wrong but I recon Renault want to spread an impact across the front of the car and therefor send it down both chassis legs hence why that bit is so strong, if it writes the car off they're not bothered, it's all about occupant safety. With a cage, proper seat and harness, things are a little different, i'd rather any damage was localised.

I'm keeping the plastic crumple bits, in the event of a relatively light impact there's a chance those could avoid or minimise any metal damage.

They as in the scruts. I don't know myself but was told by someone that they were funny with them over removing the honeycomb from behind the bumpers. I can't remember who that person was so I might have dreamt the whole incident.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

a few....oooops,
i was wondering about the plastics, it does also hold the shape of the bumper however keeping it somewhat attached much better.

rad does look good though

Nice rad Mark and thanks for the link! Doesn't it need to be mounted with some rubber mounts to allow movement with heat?

I have got the same wheel arch problems now i'm running the 205's will get investigating :)