ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i have my first clio!!

red clio mk2 1.2
Hello to all!My name is jack and im based in north yorkshireIve recently purchased a neighbours clio mk 2 1.2Ive already like its go-kart like handling, and plan to improve this, and maybe make it a tad faster... But first things first, she needs a wash and a serviceIm hoping to get advice as im handy with the spanners, but have never dealt with cliosYou shall be hearing more from me soon

red clio mk2 1.2
Waay.. Theres local people!! I spend a lot of time in harrogate as i work there, do you go to any of the local meets if there is any?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome.

Quick tip - don't bother trying to make a 1.2 faster. It's like rearranging the cutlery on the Titanic. Suspension is popular, but I'd get a good set of tyres first.

Out of interest, is it a Phase 1 or 2 clio?

Have fun ;)

red clio mk2 1.2
I do believe its a phase one... Its a 1999 on a 'v' plate.. I like the handling already but there is room for improvement so i think that will be first.. Then maybe just help it breath a bit better

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I do believe its a phase one... Its a 1999 on a 'v' plate.. I like the handling already but there is room for improvement so i think that will be first.. Then maybe just help it breath a bit better

Nice, same as me :)

Get some dual optics on if you haven't already ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No worries, we all learn ;)

2.jpg

Conversion guide here.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?240464-Clio-mk2ph1-Double-optic-(sports)-lights-conversion-guide

The connection diagram in that guide is a bit confusing. Use this pic: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads14/hellawiring1230742469.jpg

That's about it.

clio1.6 16v
hi there i often put posts up requesting other users that may live in the area but sadly never any response received. i often just go out for blasts on our mega rural retreats for example up round the sun inn and beyond pateley bridge. will have to meet up sometime when the sun is shinning.