ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate BT soooooo much.

Download speed
help.jpg
achieved during the test was - 53 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds
help.jpg
is 50-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :768 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps

53KBPS

That is what my 'broadband' is achieving today. WTF?

I'll admit I live a reasonable distance from the exchange, but usually get around 300kbps. I haven't got the strength to start ringing some call centre in India, I've experienced them enough.

Any ideas? Line fault? BT f**king about?

chumpmobile
i get around 20mbps!

but i agree they are s**t, they limit the bandwidth for torrents = gay

182FF with cup packs
You don't hate BT. You merely dislike them. Wait until you have to actually work with them. Our company looks after 100+ firewalls for BT, so we have to deal with the Indian side of their business all the freaking time. If you think it's bad trying to get your point across to a call centre person when your ADSL is out, try troubleshooting a VPN with them..... "I'm sorry, I am understanding not what you are meaning by "encryption domain"".

Pretty much, the only UK employees these days are managers, and there's oh so many of them. Generally, when I have to do a troubleshooting conf call, I usually end up on a call with about 10 or 12 people. Me, techie fro the other side, end user from each side, and various other managerial fuckwits who haven't got the first clue about what the f**k they are doing or what is actually going on. Quite a few times I've gone and fixed issues via e-mail with the other techie and totally ignored what's happening on the conf call as it's no use whatsoever.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
i get around 20mbps!

but i agree they are s**t, they limit the bandwidth for torrents = gay

No they dont. They limit download speed of the top 1% of the population and thats it. If you want to moan about speeds being crap, then stop using torrents and being cheapskate. Sign up to rapidshare or even leechmonster and then you will be fine.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
they are all shite tbh

ive been waiting 5 weeks for sky to install my line and net... beyond a joke.

It is tbh. BT's crap decision to allow both Sky and Talktalk to use openreach for engineer appointments have tripled the workload. Not to mention a backlog was caused by the snow etc..

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
You don't hate BT. You merely dislike them. Wait until you have to actually work with them. Our company looks after 100+ firewalls for BT, so we have to deal with the Indian side of their business all the freaking time. If you think it's bad trying to get your point across to a call centre person when your ADSL is out, try troubleshooting a VPN with them..... "I'm sorry, I am understanding not what you are meaning by "encryption domain"".

Pretty much, the only UK employees these days are managers, and there's oh so many of them. Generally, when I have to do a troubleshooting conf call, I usually end up on a call with about 10 or 12 people. Me, techie fro the other side, end user from each side, and various other managerial fuckwits who haven't got the first clue about what the f**k they are doing or what is actually going on. Quite a few times I've gone and fixed issues via e-mail with the other techie and totally ignored what's happening on the conf call as it's no use whatsoever.

People in the sales teams, homemovers teams, Customer Options Teams, some of the My order Teams are all in the UK. IMO try calling the customer options team on 0800 800 030 as a first port of call.

Hmm, seems there's a few BT employees on here. Any idea's on my w**k connection?

Or why they seem to have knocked back ADSL2+ activation on my exchange by a month?