ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bt broadband...the saga continues....

bt finally fixed whatever fault was on my line today but confirmed their is an ongoing fault which seems to mainly be between 11am - 12.00pm and 7pm 8pm which they are monitoring.....broadband speed has gone up from averiging .2mb to what this says..from bt's speedtest site..

does this mean my speed is 0.5mb???? was told line would take 4mb

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 750 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 928 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 425 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

BMW F21 125d
Your tests show a downstream of 1Mb which is what Broadband is measured upon. When the say "up to 4Mb" they mean download speed.

Also could be worth finding out what BT have actually done.... If there is an ongoing fault this could be in the DSLAM (in the local exchange) or on either their ATM or SDH Networks, upto the handoff point to your ISP, But if it is any of these it would possibly be affecting multiple users (depends if its IPSteam or Datastream)

actually had a whole new line put in house as old line could only take .5mb so before paying what i did they advised new line would hold 4mb, bt wholesale are looking at fault