ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BeThere Vs BT Broadband.

Renault meggy
Since getting BT broadband two years ago my speed has slowly gone from 150kb/s (1.5 Meg) to around 80kb/s (0.8 Meg!) and thats with "up to 8meg".

I am thinking of getting Be There. But will my speeds increase?

It uses LLU instead of ADSL.

Here is some technical info for anyone who understands it.

DSL Connection

Link Information

spacer.gif
Uptime:0 days, 2:01:56
spacer.gif
Modulation:G.992.1 annex A
spacer.gif
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 1,280
spacer.gif
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:19.93 / 103.06
spacer.gif
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12.0 / 16.0
spacer.gif
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:26.0 / 48.0
spacer.gif
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:19.0 / 13.0
spacer.gif
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / TSTC
spacer.gif
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
spacer.gif
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
spacer.gif
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
spacer.gif
Loss of Link (Remote):0
spacer.gif
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0
spacer.gif
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 33,159
spacer.gif
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 19
spacer.gif
HEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 15
spacer.gif
Line Profile:Interleaved

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
not with that sn margin and attentuation, you obviously have had a lot of disconnects and bt have increased it to 13, ideal is 6, but when changing isp's it will be reset

Renault meggy
not with that sn margin and attentuation, you obviously have had a lot of disconnects and bt have increased it to 13, ideal is 6, but when changing isp's it will be reset

Thanks for the reply but what does that mean?

Honda. Tesla Someday
ADSL will use BT's network. LLU (local loop unbundling) is where BT lets other ISP's use their network (because of Ofcom saying BT has to allow competitors to use its network so they can compete!).

Anyways, you must be far from your exchange mate, not much you can do right now on ADSL then seeing as we are slowly reaching the point of 'fibre to the home', but thats still a couple of years from now.

Oh, I work for BT by the way.

Anyways, as much as I hate to say it, you may need to go with Virgin Media if you really want faster Broadband.

They have fibre to cabs and then coax to your house... will get much faster speeds with them for now.

Hope that helps.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
you would get a faster line than current with a 6bd sn margin, your attenuation is only 48 down. At my old house i had a 61 db line attenuation and i still managed a 3 meg line easy with 6db s/n