ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I finally bought a 182

Just thought I'd add a little update. I had posted up a few threads asking about various cars and gave my opinion on the 182 after test driving one. As can be seen here - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...t-any-advice&p=7992518&viewfull=1#post7992518

I can safely say that the one I drove, which I commented on was a complete lemon. The difference between that one and the one I have bought is night and day. I ended up with an Artic blue, 04 plate, FF, completely standard apart from decat and Ktec exhaust. Car has only covered 28,000miles and is absolutely pristine.

Anyway, I had my first mini hoon in it yesterday and wow! What a car to throw around the back roads. The steering and turn in are so sharp. It feels so planted and inspires great confidence. The engine is very responsive and it is by no means a slow car. I have owned and driven some very fast cars (300bhp MR2, EVO IX MR FQ360, Ferrari F430, 400bhp Focus RS to name a few), and I can safely say it has enough grunt to keep a smile on my face for now. It's certainly not a straightline hero car. It has so much more about it - which is it's main appeal to me. The pedal position is perfect too, so heal and toe is an absolute doddle and really helps balance the car. The brakes even feel very good. A nice firm pedal and very little, to no fade at all. I will need to investigate and see which pads it's got fitted.

So to summarise, I am extremely happy with the car and very glad I took the plunge into ClioSport ownership. I have a trackday on November 12th at Knockhill so I will be able to give much more detailed feedback on the car after this. I will post some pictures once I have given it a good detail. It's a bit dirty at the moment :D

I absolutely addore mine, so much so that I drove it to the south of france earlier in the summer. Drove to the summit of mont ventoux (google it) and was quite simply sublime through the mountain roads. You know exactly whats going on all of the time so as you said it inpsires immence confidence.

Last edited:
Excellent write up there Darren and the trip looked absolutely brilliant.

You know something. I have lived here all my life and have never ventured out to the west coast of Scotland before. The furthest west I have been is Aviemore. I really need to make the effort to get over and enjoy what can only be described as absolutely stunning, roads and scenery.