ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Bought a 172 Cup...

As some of you will know I recently purchased a Petrol Blue 182. This was always the car I had wanted but could never find which lead me to the cup. As much as I would really like to keep both as I have put a lot of effort into this Cup, I only have space for one in the garage and I will not leave one outside. Because of this the Cup will be for sale in a week or so.

I am currently finishing off the bits on the Cup so it will be in as good a condition as you will find for the next ‘investor’; then giving it an MOT. I will be removing the Trendlines and Brembos so the car will also be standard other than the cooksports.

So the work continues; with the fitting of a new expansion tank:

2E7CF640-0D90-4A2B-87D4-B2ED11611B70.jpeg

I then painted the inlet, throttle body and the fuel rail guard. I then gave the underneath and the oil cap a good clean up:

45137D4F-303D-4FA3-9221-0321E4FDB5AB.jpeg

E3A16816-F3C9-43A6-8B30-6C92663AF899.jpeg

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Just read the whole thread and now it’s potetially for sale it’s got me thinking lol! Look forward to the advert going up shortly.

Apart from the engine bay in terms of spraying tarnished bolts and replacing the heat shield etc everything will be finished before the sale. Those bits would just take me too long and the new Petrol Blue one is sitting on the drive waiting for it’s garage spot lol

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks lovely. Shame you can't keep both! Good luck with the sale, don't think you have any issues selling it.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Am sure that will get snapped up, looks great in the pics, shame you can't keep it especially after the work that's gone in to it ?

Gibbo205

ClioSport Club Member
  Ftype SVR & E46 M3
Know you have sold it, but how did the ride and handling compare with the cooksport springs compared to factory springs please?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Know you have sold it, but how did the ride and handling compare with the cooksport springs compared to factory springs please?
He never drove it after completing it and then deleted his account due to a number of derogatory posts aimed at the op by the new keeper.

Megane275R / 172 mk2
He never drove it after completing it and then deleted his account due to a number of derogatory posts aimed at the op by the new keeper.

Can confirm ride is firm but handles well, it also looks better from side profile.

Not derogatory, just stating how it was. Progress thread locked and do not have time to recreate, but may possibly continue on PH for those interested.

Enjoying car so far, has some niggles to address namely the alarm which remains unfixed, otherwise all good.