ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Bought a 172 Cup...

Had some spare time so managed to fit some original replacement wing mirror caps, the passenger side has a slight mark so if anyone has a mint one I would be interested.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Next I removed the wiper blank and fitted the original rear wiper motor and wiper, I really am not a fan of rear wiper deleting and feel it now looks so much better.

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Car is gradually getting there just need to replace the coilovers, steering wheel, headunit, badges and remove the decat; and she will be back to standard.

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
That’s better. You should be able to recoup a few quid selling on the bits you remove.

How come the rear number plate light is hanging out?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Looking great mate :)

I would put everything back to standard but leave the coilovers on - perfect stance :)

That’s better. You should be able to recoup a few quid selling on the bits you remove.

How come the rear number plate light is hanging out?

New one on order :)

I think the rear wiper is actually handy and comes in use,cant see how people get on with it removed.

Completely agree! Although this one wont be going out in the rain; just sunny Sunday's lol

Looking great mate :smile:

I would put everything back to standard but leave the coilovers on - perfect stance :smile:

Thanks pal.

The coilovers are unbranded so I am thinking brand new original shocks with cooksport springs for a better quality setup.

Everything being done looks better and better, absolute must to keep the rear wiper on :up:

Sounds good getting the original boot badges back on too, mine was totally debadged when I bought mine and so I had to buy them from Renault. The 'RENAULT' 'SPORT' and 'CLIO' were about £90 for the three but look awesome and minty fresh shiney on the back so was worth it!

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
Mint cups are so hard to find now, good to see it being done properly. I killed one but was a cat D so not as bad ha.

It's a tough one with the wheel, my car came with a mint snappy re-trimmed oem wheel and said I was going to keep it on......... but ended up going for a quite expensive 330mm Sparco wheel with black suede. So much better in regards to feel and driving, but understand the want to keep it original!

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
I keep telling myself the Renault Sport Sabelt is OEM . It’s need of a refurb though

Attachments

• 89CA3721-E25C-4FB6-848E-1205A8D01534.jpeg
    89CA3721-E25C-4FB6-848E-1205A8D01534.jpeg
    640.8 KB · Views: 212

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Once you have driven a clio with a steering wheel like mine your get one after im sure.Just looks a lot better & makes driving feel better.End of the day you can always put the original wheel back on,its an easy job.All i would say is,if you get the same as mine.Your prob want to get yourself a phase1 horn stalk.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
vultures circling................. ill be getting a suede 330mm omp wheel for mine. had a sabelt on my old ph1 and they make such a difference to the driving experience compared to the standard wheel.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Shhhh

Nah would like to replace the omp leather type and fancied a suede one. But not a £200 suede one :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good.

When you say it's got a short shift, do you mean short or stiff shift?

I'd get rid of the short shift if it is, you don't want to rush these gearboxes.