ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM+ Petrol Blue 182

As some of you may know I have been looking for a Petrol Blue 182 forever!!! Over the years I have been tracking all the cars I have come across waiting for the right one. No easy task when there were only 29 built in this colour.

I have a list of 18 of the 29 cars built (I won't be releasing the list before anyone asks sorry) and I am pleased to have just purchased the lowest mileage one of the 18 I have recorded over the last 4 years. Of course if anyone has a really low mileage one hiding anywhere I would love to know.

Its a 3 owner car with 65k miles, full service history and is in very good condition having just flown through an MOT with no advisories. The car is completely standard and I plan to replace every worn bit of plastic etc on it to make it as mint as possible. I will also be adding a few upgrades as follows:

197 Brembo Conversion
Recaro Trendlines with JonFoz Low Frames
Genuine Cup Splitter
Cup Turini's with Pilot Sport 3s
Full new Cup Suspension with Cooksport Springs
Snappy Wheel
172 Black Xenons
Trophy/V6 Rear Spoiler
Etc...

I will effectively then start to replace all the nuts and bolts etc with new, respray any tarnished metal items I can't replace and change any worn plastic parts. I will then do a full paint correction on the car and asses if any paintwork is needed.

I may now look to sell my 172 Cup which is almost perfect, as I only have space in the garage for one car and won't leave one on the drive. I still have a couple of final bits to do on it but it will likely be for sale in a couple of weeks, here is the project thread:

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/i-bought-a-172-cup.813726/

Here are the first couple of pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And one of the 172 Cup:

0.jpeg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
They're all Renault bits besides the springs so I say do it, it's exactly the changes I would make to it (Anth turinis though).

Personally I would fit a 197/200 retrimmed wheel - I could never live with a standard wheel again after I had a mk3 wheel on my clio and megane!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Gorgeous car. Always wondered who has the lowest mileage petrol blue and liquid yellow 182's

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Petrol blue such a great colour especially in the sun, congratulations! Hopefully will see it around especially as you aren't far away or at Alex's ? mines their at the minute and will be for the next couple of weeks or so

172 Cup
Beautiful car. Happy to got your unicorn finally.

You've done a great job on the Cup, will be a great car for the next owner.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Cheers mate, Alex is actually due over this evening to give it a once over lol
Haha that's funny, I have some bit's to buy for mine before we can get it finished, he'll get it organised for you whatever it needs I'm sure ?

Beautiful car. Happy to got your unicorn finally.

You've done a great job on the Cup, will be a great car for the next owner.
Cheers mate, couple of final bits to do next week then will be going in for a fresh MOT before hopefully prepping for sale next weekend.

Haha that's funny, I have some bit's to buy for mine before we can get it finished, he'll get it organised for you whatever it needs I'm sure ?
He has given it the once over and we have compiled a nice list to give it a full overhaul with no budget restraint so it will be in perfect order very soon!

This looks a cracking base for a project and for me, the plans are exactly what the car needs to make it perfect. The seats, suspension, wheels, brakes will all majorly enhance it - I know it wouldn't have been cheap but the value of this car is only going to go one way but after waiting so long to get one i'd imagine it won't be sold anyway!

Re. the wheels, dark/anthracite grey would perhaps suit it best? The standard 182 wheels look so boring on it at the moment IMO. I had them in silver on my 182 as well when I bought it and still have them, but they'll never go back on unless in the extremely remote chance I sell it one day.

No plans to ever sell to be honest!

Going to have about £1500 spent straight away on mechanical work in the next few weeks to make sure It’s perfect, then the upgrades are about £2000 in parts lol so I’ll be in for about £7500 by the time I’m done as a guess but it’s the car I’ve always wanted and will be a keeper for sure.

I just picked up a set of refurbed cup turinis so it will start life on silvers and see from there. I actually now have basically all the parts I listed I went a bit mad the first day I got it so now it’s just a case of getting everything fitted.

No plans to ever sell to be honest!

Going to have about £1500 spent straight away on mechanical work in the next few weeks to make sure It’s perfect, then the upgrades are about £2000 in parts lol so I’ll be in for about £7500 by the time I’m done as a guess but it’s the car I’ve always wanted and will be a keeper for sure.

I just picked up a set of refurbed cup turinis so it will start life on silvers and see from there. I actually now have basically all the parts I listed I went a bit mad the first day I got it so now it’s just a case of getting everything fitted.

That doesn't sound too bad at all to be honest to get all that lot done plus any mechanical work etc too. I mean a mint set of seats will be a good few hundred! Just to make you feel better, I've spent more than the quoted £7500 above in two years on mine and that doesn't include buying the car. Or the front end respray it needs and hasn't been done yet. Labour at Renault has been a whopper at times however. D'oh! Silver will still look very smart by the way!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Looking great already, is the bonnet catch from Renault? Could do with one of them for the Ph1 ?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Love the sound of what your doing! And I couldn’t agree more with you about these cars are slowly becoming rare to find mint ones and for sure they will be a future classic! Are you planning on attending csf? Would love to see your car!

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the plan. It’s where I’m going with my car. Originally bought to hillclimb or track I’ve changed plans and going the OEM+ route.

Already have the turinis and snappy wheel. Picking up trendlines tomorrow and also planning the Brembo brake setup in future.

Unfortunately I decided to go the track route first so I’ve ended up putting a cup alternator setup on. Hopefully this warm weather passes and I’ll not be too bothered without AC. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Good decision mate!

See I will barely use mine and would have been tempted to fit the cup setup for simplicity but its a bi of a waste of money for me to do really. I prefer windows down to aircon haha!

Yeah but a black car in 30 degree Scottish summer won’t be fun. Thankfully half leather to the rescue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then as I have been unable to find any black insert xenons anywhere including here, eBay and the various breakers; I have decided to switch to non xenon black headlights. I have also removed the washer jets and will be fitting cup blanks.

The grey really didn’t look good against the PB colour and I actually think these have transformed the front! Haven’t put the bumper back on yet as waiting on blanks but happy with them.

A006BFC8-2F8E-4DF7-8916-1572EEB72544.jpeg

E9DECA97-91B1-447B-9C51-2F24D9EF86A4.jpeg

Huge difference with the headlights, never thought about doing that myself!

With the mats, I had those in mine before I bought the RS set - very good for the money I thought

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car is going to be lovely. Some nice updates. Could not agree with you more on the mats. I have had both and those ones you have are definately better than the Rs ones. Look forward to more updates.

Finding black xenons is like finding a needle in a haystack so this is the next best option! I’ve bought some Cup washer blanks so will get these painted PB and added so it looks factory.

I’m surprised others agree on the mats thought more would disagree lol! But for me Iran just the fact they are more subtle as at the end of the day they are mats; don’t want my eye being drawn to them

Have packages arriving daily! Just waiting on the cup washer blanks so I can get the front bumper back on! I haven’t even driven it yet since it was delivered, just moved it 5m down the drive looool!